Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Volkswagen Jetta

Comments

• al63017al63017 Posts: 149
    Fred's TDI forum for VW TDI has one 11 Jetta story and VW of America replaced the car with zero hassle according to the story. Just tell the dealer you want another car you are not stuck with anything and should not have to go through the lemon law mess. VW of America is making amazing efforts to keep VW owners satisfied. I had a recall on my 11 TDI no big deal Cruze by chevy just recalled 170,000 they all get recalls and VW send me a 50.00 Visa Cash Card for the inconvenience. 1 month after buying my Jetta VW sent me a gift card for Starbucks. Never had any car company give me anything. My TDI has 6000 miles and it is flawless, well other than the recall, but that just seems normal for all cars these days. Had Honda Accords for years and they had recalls.
  • My Jetta has stalled on me twice, while the vehicle was still in motion. Power just died. Not a warning. The dealership has not changed a thing. I've asked for a replacement and they declined. The tell me the car is fine, same thing as they told me the first check. They are holding out until it happens again. Even if it means that I may be involved in an accident.
  • asaasa Posts: 359
    Before you exhaust yourself persuing a legal remedy, you might want to take it to an independent alignment shop and have them take a look at it. It'd be worth $60 or whatever to perhaps put this issue behind you. Good luck -- I'd be frustrated too. :(
  • pacs1pacs1 Posts: 2
    Hi lahilani,

The car I got from VW Sunnyvale had nothing extra. It was stock Jetta S (with automatic transmission). You can compare what's in the trim at following.

http://www.vw.com/en/models/jetta/trims-specs.html

I liked the fact that even the lowest trim had all the safety feature I was looking for.
  • snoopywgsnoopywg Posts: 2
    edited May 2011
    I'm shopping for a 2011 Jetta SportWagen SE on the internet and think I've found a good deal from a dealer willing to bring the car in from another state. But the dealer isn't the one I would be using for service (they're about an hour away and there is one about 10 mins away). Are all VW dealers required to honor the Carefree Maintenance Program even if I didn't purchase the vehicle there? Do you think this will be a problem for either dealer?

Thanks.
  • mariobgoodemariobgoode Posts: 114
    Never had any problem taking my VW to another dealer and requesting warranty service. For that matter, other car brands, as well. The deal is with the carmaker, not the individual dealer. Good luck.
  • fho2008fho2008 Posts: 393
    They bring it in from out of state, so what? You will be BUYING the car from your dealer, and they will service it dor you.
  • snoopywgsnoopywg Posts: 2
    Actually, I would be buying from a dealer in-state, but not the dealer I would be getting the service from. The selling dealer is over an hour away from me...

But I did get my answer: the 90-day Courtesy Inspection would have to be done at the selling dealer, the rest of the Carefree Maint. can be done at any VW dealership in the US.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,721
    I am still wondering about the 10,000 mile interval for oil changes. It seems so far apart. For me, this mean I havent changed it yet. I have had it for 6 months and have about 7,200 miles on it. Went through winter, road trip to florida. I feel that the oil needs changed. But, at way over $100 to get the oil changed and rotation.
    $25 just to rotate. Which I need to get done soon!!! I lease my car, but still feel obligated to take care of it.

I will probably wait for 10k, but rotations at every 10k is a long time! $25 is robbery too though...lol. I'll pay it, its worth it for your tires.
    As long as you do the maintenance as scheduled you should be ok.

I remember changing oil every 3k, then with synthetic going to 5k I was worried at first but the synthetic at 5k was cleaner than regular oil at 3k!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,810
    A reporter is hoping to talk with the owner of a new VW Jetta. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Monday, June 20, 2011 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience with the car so far.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

My horn does not work! :) I am not sure what happened. Though, today I honked my horn because someone did pull out in front of me. Then, when trying to lock the car, the horn did not beep.

Any reason why this would happen? lol
    If youre under warranty have em fix it.
    Yes, I am not worried about that. It is scheduled to have the oil changed on Tuesday. I will mention the recall that is currently out for my car too. It could be related to why this is happening.
  • bpeeblesbpeebles Posts: 4,085
    The ONLY time my horn ever gets used is during the annual state inspection. There are hardly any other cars on the road in Vermont to beep at - LOL
    haha! Yeah, I bet.

Update: The recall was the culprit to the horn not working correctly. It all relates to the wiring harness. The recall was fixed! It took them several hours to get it done. If you have this recall then I would go in and have them update your car so that this doesn't affect you.

I am all good to go.

I have been very happy with my car! Now my horn works! lol
  • I am having the same issues with my 2011 Jetta SE. My car is pulling to the right and I noticed it within the first five days of purchasing the call. It's now been seen by the dealer twice: The first time they did an alighment, which did not fix the problem. The second time, they put on different tires and it did not work. The service guys do not see the problem. They say it meets all their specs. My sales guy drove the car and he agrees with me that there is a major pull to the right, which should not be there. The GM at my dealership stopped returning my cars. Called VW of America and start a claim number to have a District guy look at the car. The dealer's head service guy is now involved and they are going to have the District guy and a enginer from VW look at the car. I think there is a problem with the stearing that VW is not telling the public. I want my car fixed or replaced. What is going on with your car. - Daniel
  • My 2011 VW Jetta SE did the same exact thing, but my car was pulling to the left. I really noticed the car pulling when I went over 50 to 60mph and the steering wheel vibrated, as well. . I, also thought it was the alignment. However, it was the rear axle beam that needed replacing. I have had my car for less than a month. I suggest you having the dealer look @ the axle. I hope this helps.
    Update: My horn does not work again. I am not sure what happened.

Taking it back in soon!

lol...wow! Oh well. Like my dealer said its all under warranty, but I have little time to leave my car there. At least it is the horn. :) Hopefully, it stays that way.
  • uga91uga91 Metro AtlantaPosts: 1,065
    I drove a 2011 Jetta TDI twice in January and liked it a lot--just decided something else would work better so I bought something else. That being said, we're starting to think about buying a car in the Spring for my daughter who turns 16 next year. I think the Jetta SE is high on our list. We like the way it looks, it has good safety scores and the 3 years of free maintenance is one less thing to worry about. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see how they seem to be working out for you all.