Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Denali Front End

denali_06denali_06 Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in GMC
I just purchased my 06 with 54k on it.
Anyone driving an '06 and have the uncomfortable front end shimmy when going over a series of bumps? I can feel the front wheels shimmy and the wheel shake. Is it that I'm just not used to how the Denali 06 rides or are the shocks bad?
Thanks,
Tom
·

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,198
    Hello Tom,
    Have you had anyone look at the vehicle? Did it come with a warranty? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    ·
  • denali_06denali_06 Posts: 4
    Hi Mariah, thanks for the reply, I did not know GM was on this forum, it's nice to know.

Prior to my purchase (6-10-10) it was noted on the dealer R.O. to inspect the steering because of a test ride i had made.
    After delivery the problem was still there.
    Yesterday the vehicle was in for service, they balanced all four wheels. I picked up the vehicle last night and the issue was still there.
    I spoke to the service manager this morning and dropped off the vehicle again this morning.
    I do have a 3 year warranty I purchased.
    I love GMC, this is my third vehicle since 2004.
    I like everything about the Yukon I have but the ride over the bumps with the front end.
    My fear is that whatever the issue is, ie: shocks, springs, auto ride control, front end components, etc, it will not be resolved. I hope to find another Yukon owner to compare how tight the front end should be. My 07 Acadia is completely different so I can't compare. I know it's a truck and will not ride like a car, but the front end should be tight.
    Anyway I'm waiting to hear what is found today at the dealer.
    Thank you,
    Tom :confuse:
    ·
    Hello Tom,
    If you get the vehicle back and the problem arises again please let me know. I will look into the situation further for you. Thank you,
    ·
    They have isolated the problem to the front shocks, and they have ordered new front shocks and I will have to retun. I will keep you posted.
    Thank you
    ·
    Hello Denali_06,
    I am glad that the dealership thinks they have found the fix. Yes, please keep me posted on what happens. Thank you,
    ·
    After over two weeks the part came in. Now I have to wait two and a half weeks for an appointment to have the parts installed. What a slap in the face.
    The whole warranty part thing is wrong. They should call me when the part comes in with an immediate appointment ready. Mailing a card after the part comes in is a waste of time and definitely not taking care of the customer making them wait such an a long amount of time. I hope this part fixes the issue because I'm not going to be a happy camper waiting for almost two months.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.
Denali Front End - Car Forums at Edmunds.com