Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Odyssey 1999 - 2004

Comments

• mike734mike734 Posts: 128
    I've asked the same question on the Delphi site with no answer. There are a number of extras only available over there. I can't get Honda to answer my emails so we will have to wait and see if they will offer these items over here.
  • rvsnvrvsnv Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 TW LX with the factory cassette player. I also have a Honda CD player from my 97 Accord that I am planning to sell. Was wondering if this CD player would fit the Ody? Any tips on removing the CD player from the Accord would also be appreciated.
  • Are you the same Charlene Blake that sued Chrysler several years ago over problems you were having with the Dodge Caravan anti-lock brakes? Do you actually own an Odyssey now?

Just curious..
  • hengheng Posts: 411
    Get a weight distributing hitch. It will keep the towing vehicle level.
  • I remember reading about that Charlene Blake several years ago! It appears that she is the same Charlene Blake. After reading your post, I did a search on her name on excite and yahoo and found that her posts are on many car sites and with the same style and intent. It appears that Charlene either has very bad luck or loves to find trouble with all vehicles.

-Todd
  • billg7billg7 Posts: 342
    It seems that Charlene Blake may have found a way to make some money, by suing auto companies and threatening them with a class action law suit if they don't pay her to go away. Or she could be a lawyer who makes money filing class action law suits. That could raise the cost of Odysseys.

I think she should tell us, as I asked her in my previous post,just what her intentions are.
  • I took my 01 LX on its first road trip. I was on Penn Turnpike to western Pa from Maryland. I got 22-25 MPG. I drove 65-70 MPH mostly. There was lots of snow in Pa and I drove on snow-packed local roads. I drove slow and had no problems with handling. TCS was on, but I don't think it kicked in as I drove pretty slow. Van was coated with salt/slush when I returned, just washed it off. I was able to get 2 kids + wife plus all Christmas goodies in the van without stowing rear seat. I was impressed. I installed a TV/VCR console from Best Buy and it worked great for kids
  • I'm so jealous. :) We'll be eating macaroni and cheese for the next month now that I picked up my GG '01 EX today. How much was the TV/VCR? Can it be seen from the third seat ok? I really don't want a flip down TV.

Maybe I won't have to collect aluminum cans and sell blood to buy a TV now.
  • mike734mike734 Posts: 128
    You said "TCS was on." Is that because you turned it on? I wonder because it sounds like you turned it on. You should know that TCS is always on. The button turns it off. I'm sorry if you knew that but it is not obvious and I thought you may want to know.
  • Respongin to post #479, I could not access this page. It said I did not have permission. How to i get permission?!!
  • Just took my 01 EX for test snow drive. We had 17" of snow yesterday, some of it still laying on the roads.

The car performed very well, TCS kicking in on uphills on packed snow. The ABS system was helpful in keeping the van straight during breaking. Overall, very impressive.

I also own 99 Jeep GC Laredo 4x4. I took it out yesterday during the storm BEFORE city cleaned the roads. What a difference ! The car went thru couple of snow drifts of deeper than 2 feet each like they were not even there ! I was thinking about trading the Jeep in for a smaller vehicle (since we also have the Ody), but now it is for keeps !
  • mictjmictj Posts: 3
    Responding to #495. You are right. The website must be down or off? Try in a few days. It did work a few days ago.

Lets hope they get back up.
  • ckonckon Posts: 22
    Hello all. Happy New Year!

I just installed a set of the new Honda fog lights and am very satisfied with everything about them except that the harnessed provided are wired as a stock setup. In other words, the lights are usable with the low beams only.

I've tried to figure out the best way to power them up any time the parking lights are on, but the wiring diagram that came with them doesn't identify the wiring well enough for me to figure out what wiring can be re-routed. Has anyone rewire the stock fog lights to allow operation under all "parking light on" conditions?

Any clues here would be a big help since I don't have point-to-point diagrams.

Than in advance.
  • bg18947bg18947 Posts: 183
    Just got back from plowing some snow for my brother, and got snow in the van. Anyway, the way the floor at the driver's position dips towards the door sill causes all of the melted snow on the weathertechs to trap water between the mat and the door sill. The channeled section of the mats is too far back to be of any use, who drives with their feet that far back. If you're going to get utility out of the channels on the mat, MacNeil needs to be move them further forward. I think I'm going to stick something underneath the mat to cause the water to flow back in instead of into the door sill edge. I actually carried a snow-blower in the back with the magic seat folded down. Got 2 2x8s from Home Depot this morning to serve as ramps to roll the sucker into the back. (They'll be handy for moving anything heavy in the future.) Had to vacuum out all of the water when I got home.
  • mschafermschafer Posts: 317
    Just what we need. Another bozo with fog lamps and high beams at the same time; and the fog lamps are probably already mis-aimed. Sorry, but those blinders are a pet peave if mine.

Fog lamps are intended to be used in fog. In fog, high beams will glare back at you and cut your visibility. Ergo, fog lamps are set to work on low beam only.

If you want driving lights, you should order same. However, if you do, please aim them low enough to reach out, but not high enough to cause a safety hazard!
  • 2001ody2001ody Posts: 17
    Just got my 2001 Ody LX and was wondering if the the old rule of thumb of changing the oil at 1000 miles still applies. The manual says not to. I did this for my Tauri and both are going great at 150 and 110k miles.
  • rictomrictom Posts: 76
    I have a 2000 lx. Kept the factory cassette and wanted to add a cd changer. 2 local car stereo guys said the only cd changer that would work with the factory cassette was an alpine 6 cd changer. Dont' think he was bs-ing me. I've got the alpine installed about 5 weeks ago and except for once/twice when I had to turn the van off/on to get cd working (took it back and they replaced the adapter cable they had to install with the cd changer) it's been great-able to control the cd from the radio.
  • rictomrictom Posts: 76
    I have a 2000 lx. Thought the same thing. But the dealer/service was quite firm and waiting till 3750-4000 because the intial oil Honda uses is specially made for the break in period. Others have also gotten the same firm answer from Honda Dealers. I'd also check manual, I think it's in there about this 'special' breakin oil.
  • actually, i saw with my own eyes info from the honda website through a link in forum that the first oil change should not be done until 7500 miles because of the break-in oil. i tried searching through the archives and can't find it...damn these new boards!
  • cavillercaviller Posts: 331
    I believe the manual (for 2001) and website state that an oil change should not be done until the first recommended maintenance interval, which could be 3750 or 7500 miles. That depends on whether you fall into the normal or severe service as defined in the owners manual based on your driving conditions.

Also note that Honda now recommends 5W-20 for the Odyssey. This certainly applies to the 2001 MY vehicles, and may be retroactive to earlier years. The manual states 5W-30 is an alternative if you can't find 5W-20, and that synthetics may be used as long as they are changed according to the service interval specified in the manual.