Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Sienna SE Purchase Advice Needed

2»

Comments

• I say Pre-Dawn Gray as well. Have not seen another SE in that color in the Philly area since we got it in August. I think it is the best color, luckily didn't have a hard time finding it. I did read thought that only 15% of Sienna production this year were SE models, that might explain your difficulty in finding one.
  • jabcjabc Posts: 20
    In SoCal, all they ship over are either white or silver with just few in black.

Black is fine but it will need frequent carwash which is not a good idea in SoCal.

My pre-dawn SE looks really cool.

We got many compliments about the color.

Worth all the efforts to find our SE. :)
  • elvismelvism Posts: 2
    I live in NY. I have been researching and considering to buy the Sienna SE 2011 (preferably in Black, pre-dawn gray 2nd choice). Below are the offers I am receiving through my internet inquiries. Please let me know what do you all think of this prices. They do not include the NY tax and the DMV fees. The tax is 8.875% and the new plates will cost me $350.

My selected options are:
    PREFERRED PKG (SP)
    · PWR TILT/SLIDE MOONROOF W/SUNSHADE (MR)
    · DUAL SCREEN SEAT-MOUNTED ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM (9E)
    · REMOTE ENGINE START (V4)

The offers are:

1) $33,038 + $249 dealer doc fee + tax (8.875%) + dmv (350) = OTD = 36569
    Note: This dealer is NJ with 7% sales tax but I calculated as per NY state

2) $33,138 + $75 doc fee + tax + dmv = OTD = 36503

3) $33,538 + tax + dmv = OTD = 36864

Are these prices on the higher end in NY or is this what people are paying? How much more negotiation room do I have? The first and the 3rd quote is through ZAG. I understand the dealer would honor that, but do they go below that price as well?

The third quote is from a dealership very close to my house but they don't have the vehicle in stock but located one for me with the behind the seat mount dvd system. At one point, she told me without the dvd, it would cost me $31038. I really liked that option but she's telling me she can't find any without the DVD. I don't want to pay $2000 just for the dvd system.

So I filled out the form on ZAG including the dvd just to see what offers I get.

Another question is if I pay the NJ tax which is 7%, do I have to pay the remaining NY tax which is higher at the time of registering the vehicle or do states have some kind of an agreement where NY state would accept NJ state tax.

Is it better to negotiate on the invoice price or the OTD price? How much lower can I go on these invoice prices? And, will I have better luck if I told the dealer I will pay all CASH.

I would really appreciate all your responses. Also, if you see a similar deal in the NY NJ or PA area, please inform me, I am not in rush but do need to buy and I'm liking the SE.

Thank you,

EM :)
    We got our SE in October, 2010 @ $500 below invoice.
    We used Zag.com as base line and got $200 lower.
    It was a very good deal at that time (So Cal.).

You may want to do the same.
    I believe Zag.com's price has dropped a little bit.

Good luck !
  • elvismelvism Posts: 2
    Thank you for your response. You mind telling me the price you paid with the options you selected. And are you saying the dealers will still negotiate a bit on the ZAG pricing?
  • dadof2plusdogdadof2plusdog Posts: 9
    edited January 2011
    I bought my Predawn Gray SE in August in Philly:

Details:

SE Preferred Package
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sunshade
    Towing Prep Option:
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector

MSRP was $34,299, I paid $31,142 ($32,532.83 OTD). I registered it in Delaware so no tax, but 3.5% title fee.

As for negotiating the OTD price vs Off the Invoice price, I read that the OTD price is a better way to negotiate. Some dealers may offer you a sweet deal under the invloice but then add closing fees to regain some money (ie $499 dealer processing fee). Also, I found negotiating the OTD price was much easier to compare the offers from different dealers. Just make sure to ask for a breakdown of the numbers in the OTD price so you can see everything.
    Our SE has :
    * PREFERRED PKG (SP)
    * PWR TILT/SLIDE MOONROOF W/SUNSHADE (MR)
    * Carpets & Door Sill Protectors
    * Towing Package
    * Roof Rack Crossbars
    * Wheel Locks

MSRP $34,684
    Invoice $31,729
    Sale Price $31,156
    Out-Of-Door $34,700 (SoCal)
  • You have to pay the sales tax for the state you live in. Some out of state dealers will do it for you, otherwise you can pay sales tax yourself when you register your new car.
  • kj1688kj1688 Posts: 2
    Hi, Jabc

I know it is few months ago, but can you tell me what dealer did you buy to get the best price? Any one know what is best price for SE in SoCal now? Thanks
  • Hi I am new to the forum. Anyone bought a SE in Phoenix area lately? Can you share how uch you paid for the car and the experience with the dealership? Thanks, I am planning to buy one very soon.
  • We Finally found an honest straight forward Sales person Showcase Honda in Phoenix, AZ. He used to be a Chef. Finally hospitality in the car industry. He can get any make and model you need! Here is our story!

I started looking at Showcase - went to 4 other dealerships and came back to Showcase Honda. The Showcase guy explained exactly what we were in for by going and trying to find the best price. He assured us his price wouldn't be beat. Other dealerships were offering better deals, but when we went down there - it was nothing more than a bait and switch. "Yeah the price is blah blah blah - when can you come down?"

Then it was Oooohhhhh... I'm sorry I didn't pay attention, the price I gave you was for a manual transmission. or it doesn't include tint - or all the other excuses i got. Especially the..."Well you are already here, lets just do this deal, so you can be done!" OUTRAGEOUS!!! After wasting a day, we went back and talked to the Ex-Chef now Salesman and appologized for ever doubting him. He than appologized to us for the way the other dealerships treated us. Stuck to his same price, open and Honest he calls it. Never once did he give us an "I told you so" Even after we purchased the car, he still follows up with us every few weeks. Plus we exchange recipes! We can't wait to go back for the New owners dinner they have every 2 months. We hope he is cooking.
  • I received an E-price quote from a dealership for $32,195 (includes the rebate but does not include taxes, tag fees, and freight charges). It has the following options:

50 State Emissions
    Moon Roof/Power Tilt
    SE Preferred Pkg
    Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mat Sets
    Wheel Locks

However, adding the freight charge of $810 (I think this is correct have to actually verify with the Internet salesman tomorrow) and the dealer processing fee would put us at $33,404. And of course taxes (3%) and tags would increase that price even further.

According to TrueCar.com this car has an invoice price of $32,179 (includes rebate and freight).

Is $32,195 a good quote or should I try to negotiate this down some more. How much lower do you think I can go?

Thanks in advance.
  • longnlongn Posts: 2
    bravojunkie - I just got a quote of $31,995 from a Mid-Atlantic dealer for the same exact configuration. My quote includes the $1000 rebate and freight. It does not include a $200 processing fee. So if you include the dealer processing fee, my quote was $32,194.

The costs NOT INCLUDED in this price were the taxes, tags and title.
  • Thanks. I think we're going to just wait for the 2012's to start showing up and proceed from there.

After more than 6 yrs with no car pymts, neither of us are in a rush to take out a loan. ;)
  • tarugstarugs Posts: 16
    I was sent a quote by our local dealership and was wondering if I can get any advice/opinion here if it is a good price. Apparently, you can only avail one of the ongoing promos, either financing or cash rebate (1k in GS region).

Sticker Price - $36,175.00
    Quoted Price - $32,673.00
    OTD price (TTL included) - $36,119.41 (not including $1k rebate as 1.9 financing is a better deal)

Here are the options:
    Silver Sky metallic
    SE preferred package
    Preferred premium package (cargo net, door sill protector, carpet floor mats, first aid kit)
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sunshade
    Cargo Organizer
    Roof rack cross bars
    Vehicle Shield Package
    Premium Security System
    DECOR PKG (no idea what this is)
    Cargo Net

Thank you in advance.
  • I like SE and got a offer for 33,100+TTL, is this a good price? The price is inclusive of - SE preferred package, moonroof, other accessories (Total MSRP $3124). The price is close to zag.

This does not include the $1,000 rebate, in my area i can get either the rebate or 0% from 36 months-not both.

I saw the new 2012 SE have a price increase of 2K, is this a good deal?
2»