Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Toyota Sienna SE Purchase Advice Needed

13»

Comments

• We Finally found an honest straight forward Sales person Showcase Honda in Phoenix, AZ. He used to be a Chef. Finally hospitality in the car industry. He can get any make and model you need! Here is our story!

I started looking at Showcase - went to 4 other dealerships and came back to Showcase Honda. The Showcase guy explained exactly what we were in for by going and trying to find the best price. He assured us his price wouldn't be beat. Other dealerships were offering better deals, but when we went down there - it was nothing more than a bait and switch. "Yeah the price is blah blah blah - when can you come down?"

Then it was Oooohhhhh... I'm sorry I didn't pay attention, the price I gave you was for a manual transmission. or it doesn't include tint - or all the other excuses i got. Especially the..."Well you are already here, lets just do this deal, so you can be done!" OUTRAGEOUS!!! After wasting a day, we went back and talked to the Ex-Chef now Salesman and appologized for ever doubting him. He than appologized to us for the way the other dealerships treated us. Stuck to his same price, open and Honest he calls it. Never once did he give us an "I told you so" Even after we purchased the car, he still follows up with us every few weeks. Plus we exchange recipes! We can't wait to go back for the New owners dinner they have every 2 months. We hope he is cooking.
  • I received an E-price quote from a dealership for $32,195 (includes the rebate but does not include taxes, tag fees, and freight charges). It has the following options:

50 State Emissions
    Moon Roof/Power Tilt
    SE Preferred Pkg
    Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo Mat Sets
    Wheel Locks

However, adding the freight charge of $810 (I think this is correct have to actually verify with the Internet salesman tomorrow) and the dealer processing fee would put us at $33,404. And of course taxes (3%) and tags would increase that price even further.

According to TrueCar.com this car has an invoice price of $32,179 (includes rebate and freight).

Is $32,195 a good quote or should I try to negotiate this down some more. How much lower do you think I can go?

Thanks in advance.
  • longnlongn Posts: 2
    bravojunkie - I just got a quote of $31,995 from a Mid-Atlantic dealer for the same exact configuration. My quote includes the $1000 rebate and freight. It does not include a $200 processing fee. So if you include the dealer processing fee, my quote was $32,194.

The costs NOT INCLUDED in this price were the taxes, tags and title.
  • Thanks. I think we're going to just wait for the 2012's to start showing up and proceed from there.

After more than 6 yrs with no car pymts, neither of us are in a rush to take out a loan. ;)
  • tarugstarugs Posts: 16
    I was sent a quote by our local dealership and was wondering if I can get any advice/opinion here if it is a good price. Apparently, you can only avail one of the ongoing promos, either financing or cash rebate (1k in GS region).

Sticker Price - $36,175.00
    Quoted Price - $32,673.00
    OTD price (TTL included) - $36,119.41 (not including $1k rebate as 1.9 financing is a better deal)

Here are the options:
    Silver Sky metallic
    SE preferred package
    Preferred premium package (cargo net, door sill protector, carpet floor mats, first aid kit)
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sunshade
    Cargo Organizer
    Roof rack cross bars
    Vehicle Shield Package
    Premium Security System
    DECOR PKG (no idea what this is)
    Cargo Net

Thank you in advance.
  • I like SE and got a offer for 33,100+TTL, is this a good price? The price is inclusive of - SE preferred package, moonroof, other accessories (Total MSRP $3124). The price is close to zag.

This does not include the $1,000 rebate, in my area i can get either the rebate or 0% from 36 months-not both.

I saw the new 2012 SE have a price increase of 2K, is this a good deal?
13»