Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Honda CR-V

Comments

• snukesnuke Posts: 81
    I purchased my 3rd Honda but 1st CR-V in June of 2012. I have encountered some of the same inconveniences mentioned earlier, i.e., hissing noise after engine is turned off and uncomfortable position of the driver's head restraint. But, I can live with those. However, I am curious to find out if any other owner of the 2012 CR-V has encountered a problem with blind spots on the left and right rear sides of the vehicle. The way the new CR-V is built toward the back sides of the SUV (a solid panel between the rear slanting window and the tall tail lights on each side), I am unable to get a clear view of the right and left sides of the vehicle when attempting to change lanes. The space between the side slanting window and tail lights block your view. I find myself having to check and double check prior to changing lanes. Now, I understand the importance of being sure a lane is unoccupied prior to attempting to enter that lane, but I have never had to do this amount of double checking before executing my move. Does anyone else out there feel the same as I do?
  • bmfcbmfc Posts: 8
    I can't believe this. My wife's 2004 Odyssey has Homelink. My son's 2001 Intrepid has Homelink. What is Honda thinking?
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,559
    that homelink costs money?

doesn't the EX-L have it? They have always limited to top of the line models.

My 2005 Accord EX-L did not have homelink.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• pochiepochie Posts: 1
    I agree 100%. The driver side-mirror with the extra wide area does nothing to detect your blind spot. I am putting the small fisheye mirrors on tomorrow. I have 1200 miles on my new CR-V and it is very poor. Even turning my head a good 90 degrees it is not a clear view. I hope this helps and maybe you'll do the same.
    Thanks Pochie for your response. Please excuse my ignorance on the subject but what are fisheye mirrors, where can they be purchased and where on the CR-V will you place them? I am assuming the driver and passenger side mirrors, correct?
  • kagomehkagomeh Posts: 3
    Yes, I do! Mine seems to come from somewhere on the passenger side of the dash. It is intermittent but when it happens accelerating seems to aggravate it. My car is barely 2 weeks old and I took it back to the dealership that sold it to me to take care of this problem. They kept the car overnight, opened up the dash, tightened all sorts of things, but when I picked it up today the vibration was still there. I am taking it back next week.

Did you find out the source of your CRV's dash vibration and is it resolved?
    This weekend I received my recall notice from Honda for my 2012 CR-V concerning the safety of the front door locks. Has anyone else received their notice and have already taken your vehicle to the dealer to have the problem fixed? If you have, how long did it take and are you able to notice that the problem has been fixed?
  • I do not received recall notice from Honda. I checked Honda web site, but my car was not affected car. I stopped my Honda dealer about 2 weeks ago(not for about recall) and asked about recall, my Honda dealer want fix all 2012 CR-V even not affected.
    He told me take a couple hours to fix, and they will fix now.
    Thanks for your feedback Flatfive.
  • bled01bled01 Posts: 1
    Any feedback from those that ended up getting the spoiler? It it worth the $$$ in your opinion? What about the vision out the rear window...does that get reduced at all?
    I purchased the spoiler at the time I purchased my 2012 CR-V which was installed by the dealer. The spoiler improved the looks substantially. My spoiler costs $295 for the part and the labor was an additional $79. It has not reduced the vision out of the rear window. Bernardi Honda Parts has outstanding prices on Honda parts and accessories which can be purchased online. Their price for a spoiler is $214. However, you will pay for shipping/handling and pay to have it installed. Despite their lower price, I preferred to have my spoiler installed at the time of purchased.
  • I have not received a recall notice, but I was alerted to the door lock recall through the Honda Owner Link website. I plugged in my VIN # and mine was on the list. It took about 2 hours to fix at the dealership where I originally purchased the vehicle. They told me I was the 5th one who had come in due to the recall. I never noticed an issue with the door locks either prior to or after the fix.
  • FOLLOW UP: It took 3 visits to the dealer but they finally identified the source for the vibration under the dash. In my case, it was the heater core pipe making the vibration at about 2000 rpm. They secured the heater core pipe and the buzzing/vibrations under the dashboard have ceased.
    Thanks for your feedback. I called my dealer and surprisingly, the service representative I spoke to was not even aware of the recall. While I was still on the line with him, he looked it up and started reading it. After he described what they would have to do to remedy the problem, I decided I did not want mine to be their guinea pig, wait until they have done a few, and take it in. I have already been told to be prepared to leave my car to give them ample time to work on it. I, too, have not had any problems with my locks. My fear is they will get into my door panel and create problems that I am not having.
  • evan2012evan2012 Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    Hello - i just bought crv ex awd one week ago and has only 185 miles. Now i feel like car is shaking (steering, seat). it shakes more when air condition is on. but it will go way after sometimes. Also, I felt like air condition make noise compare to other cars I drove. I called the dealer and they said they will look in to issue this Monday.

Anyone having this problems as well? Do I have right to return CRV if there is a real problem with car even it is fixable? I don't want to waste that much $$ on junk car, if that's the case. Thanks!
    I am so sorry you are having problems. I now have over 2,000 miles on my CR-V EX FWD and I have not had any problems so far. I have owned 2 Honda Accords prior to this CR-V starting in 1988 and had little to no problems with them. Due to my success with Honda, I decided to try the CR-V (always wanted an SUV) but did not like the shape of the previous CR-V's. I am hoping I have as much success with my CR-V as I have had with my Accords.
  • I did not like the shape of previous model as well so waited to buy 2012 model. Also, many people recommended me Honda since they had good experience like you do.

I have scheduled for service this Monday and see what happens.

I may drive other CRV at the dealer as well just make sure I'm not complaining without issues.
  • Just picked up a new 2012. I still have the 2004 with 140K.

Anyway, two things I need.

Is there a maintance chart somewhere -- I checked the owners manual and all it says is all these lights will go on when it is time for Maintance A, B, etc. I get it, but I want a chart!!! like every owners manual since I started driving. Is it somewhere I am missing.

Also, when I hook my android up, it plays all the songs fine through bluetooth. But when I hook my IPHONe up it only plays the same artist - the screen says 1/4, meaning it is playing the 1st of the 4 songs by the same artist. When it hits the 4th song, it starts over agiain - never plays the others unless I manual fast forward it o nthe phone.

Anyway - these newfangled things are tough. The car I traded in was over 11 years old so have no experience with all this bluetooth, etc.
    You are like me. I could never find a chart specifying the maintenance needed at a specific mileage. My plan is to visit my Honda shop (independent shop who has serviced my Honda's since 1988 who provides a list of all schedule maintenance for each Honda).

Sorry, I can't help you with the Bluetooth issue. I am old fashion and have thus far, refused to purchase a data plan with my cell phone purchased 2-yrs. ago. It was the last phone offered by AT&T that did not require a data plan. Therefore, I don't download music on my phone.
  • Actually it is my kids with all the music. I do have a smartphone but never put music on it....

I put all my music on a stick and plug it in to the USB port - that way no one steals it.

Fortunately, i like some of my kids music!.