Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Honda CR-V

Comments

• ecotrklvrecotrklvr Posts: 519
    Do you have Bridgestone Tires on your CR-V? Google some reviews on your model of tires, and then look at what other, quieter tires are avaiable for it. I switched my '99 CR-V from Duelers to Yokohamas, and was amazed at the difference - quiter, smoother ride, and better looking.
  • blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    Interesting info from Autoweek,thanks......but that info can't be right. The 201 2.4 requires premium. Honda is not going to put an engine that requires premium in a CRV. I would think the 190 2.4 would be the most likely engine for the 2012 CRV.
  • Required or recommended?
    Same/Same. You need to run the recommended grade. Don't get me wrong,I'd luv to see the 200 in the CRV;just doesn't seem likely with a premium requirement,reports aside. I would expect the 190 with the 5 speed auto.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,168
    I would be shocked to see them put in a motor that needed premium.

besides, isn't the difference between the 2 found real high on the rev scale? IOW, a place no CRV ever goes?

If anything, tune for a few less HP but more torque, to get this porker (I assume it is going to pack on a few pounds too) moving off the line!

Does look nice. I have the CR-V on the to consider list for next year. Cargo room seemed OK already (better than most competitors being relatively square and tall in the back), but adding some extra inches would be helpful, especially downsizing from an Odyssey!

only the old 5 speed? wonder if that is a better design than the mutt in the Odyssey that has lost Honda quite a few repeat customers? How much more on a 30K+ car could it cost to just go with the more modern 6 speed at this point?n Especially on the higher line models.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

I think Honda is about 2-3 years away from new engines and transmissions across the board. the 190 is about .4 quicker in the 1/4 than the 177/180 so it would be noticeable in everyday driving.
    Debuts at the Orange County IA 9/22-9/25. Can't wait!
  • odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    From the look of the pictures I like the styling. My short list to replace my current vehicle "The Beast" is as follows;

Small Scale;
    Honda Fit, Kia Forte 5-door, Mazda 5

Mid Scale;
    Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav4, Kia Sportage

Large Scale;
    Honda Pilot, Subaru Outback, Toyota 4Runner

I'll get a better look at them come February at the Philly Auto Show. We had a Honda FR-V as a rental while we were in Bermuda and loved it. It was based on the CR-V frame and looked like a mini Ody (Mazda 5 sized). The funny thing is the new back end on the '12 CR-V has the FR-V's shape to it. I would love to see them put the 2.2ltr 140hp diesel (53.3mpg) that was in the FR-V in the CR-V and it would be awesome.
    We figured since "The Beast" just turned 5 on July 31st and rolled 75k a few days after we might consider a new vehicle. My wife just purchased a 2011 Crosstour (sorry, I don't add the Accord nameplate to it) in June. I myself would like to go smaller to get the better mileage, but then I would have to sacrafice the off-roading I do with the Pilot. I'm interested to see what the off-road capabilities will be with the CR-V.

We'll just need to wait and see.

Odie
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,614
    If you look at the inside trim of the back window on the right, it looks similar to the current version.
    The tape over on the left side does not match the shape of the window it is covering up.
  • karhill1karhill1 Posts: 101
    I also had a 2009 CRV. The road noise was unbearable on longer trips. Around town the CRV is wonderful. On the highway, driving the CRV for longer trips is not enjoyable. I traded the CRV this year, mainly for that reason.
  • smaxxsmaxx Posts: 9
    I replaced the Bridgestone tires that came with the car after 30K miles with Michelin Latitude Tour tires. There is slightly less road noise on the highway. Still at an annoying level though. Luckily it's my wife's car and I only drive it on weekends. Also lucky for me - she claims the noise doesn't bother her.
  • Hi - I'm trying to get a 2011 Honda CRV EX-L with Navigation. I'm given quotes of $393/mo for 36 months, 12k miles/yr. the price is $30k. I feel as though its too much to pay. can you provide some guidance? We're not looking to put any $ down past the required up front fees.

thank you
  • Is it worth going in and paying the extra for 4WD or should I settle for 2WD?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,662
    We have a pricing and leasing forum for the CR-V..

Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,599
    That depends on where you live and if you have a need for 4WD. In a northern climate a 2WD CRV is near impossible to sell.

As I understand things 2011 CRVS are in VERY short supply and not that many NAVI's are produced. As a result, the dealers aren't pressed to cheap sell them with so few cars to sell.
  • I heard the 2012 Honda CRV debut is at the Orange County Auto Show (which started on Thursday 9/22).

Anyone have any pics?

The Honda website only has exterior pics.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,991
    edited September 2011

More here (ah, you want inside pics - haven't seen any of those):

2012 Honda CR-V Concept Debuts (Inside Line)

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Already seen the exterior. Anyone seen any good inetrior pics?
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,991
    On of the commenters in my link says it's "truly a non-running concept car with no basis in mechanical reality.

*Bingo!! Spy photos show the caliper in the usual place IN FRONT of the axle.*"

That could explain why we're only getting exterior shots.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

I like it. I expect fold flat,instead,of fold up,seats. Very curious re the the rumored 2.5 engine.