Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2012 Honda CR-V

Comments

• smaxxsmaxx Posts: 10
    I replaced the Bridgestone tires that came with the car after 30K miles with Michelin Latitude Tour tires. There is slightly less road noise on the highway. Still at an annoying level though. Luckily it's my wife's car and I only drive it on weekends. Also lucky for me - she claims the noise doesn't bother her.
  • Hi - I'm trying to get a 2011 Honda CRV EX-L with Navigation. I'm given quotes of $393/mo for 36 months, 12k miles/yr. the price is $30k. I feel as though its too much to pay. can you provide some guidance? We're not looking to put any $ down past the required up front fees.

thank you
  • Is it worth going in and paying the extra for 4WD or should I settle for 2WD?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 36,551
    We have a pricing and leasing forum for the CR-V..

Honda CR-V Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Honda CR-V Lease Questions

Good luck!
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 18,463
    That depends on where you live and if you have a need for 4WD. In a northern climate a 2WD CRV is near impossible to sell.

As I understand things 2011 CRVS are in VERY short supply and not that many NAVI's are produced. As a result, the dealers aren't pressed to cheap sell them with so few cars to sell.
  • I heard the 2012 Honda CRV debut is at the Orange County Auto Show (which started on Thursday 9/22).

Anyone have any pics?

The Honda website only has exterior pics.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 44,964
    edited September 2011

More here (ah, you want inside pics - haven't seen any of those):

2012 Honda CR-V Concept Debuts (Inside Line)

Moderator - Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• Already seen the exterior. Anyone seen any good inetrior pics?
    On of the commenters in my link says it's "truly a non-running concept car with no basis in mechanical reality.

*Bingo!! Spy photos show the caliper in the usual place IN FRONT of the axle.*"

That could explain why we're only getting exterior shots.

• blufz1blufz1 Posts: 2,045
    I like it. I expect fold flat,instead,of fold up,seats. Very curious re the the rumored 2.5 engine.
  • crvroncrvron Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I purchased an '02 CR-V Ex and have been generally pleased with it. I have been a loyal Honda customer since the purchase of my 1982 Civic. I also have owned two Accords and a fake Pilot and then my CR-V. I tend to keep my cars around for a good while. Now it is time to get a new car. I am considering the 2012 CR-V if what I have seen on the net is true, and or a Toyota Venza. I test drove one today and was impressed.
    Can anybody here give me an intelligent reason why I would be crazy and wasting my money with the Venza? Have you seen the new generation 2012 CR-V? Is the picture circulating on the internet to be believed? It looks really sharp IMO. Your thoughts and comments are very welcome.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 17,304
    anyone have a "real" target date for when these are going to be released?

2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4i Limited Tech (mine), 2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2015 Jetta Sport (daughter's)

• ricschricsch Posts: 540
    Local dealer in WI says they were told January-February 2012, wait & see if it's sooner than later.
    A reporter would like to interview anyone who has used Edmunds.com's Car Match.

Please email pr@edmunds.com by November 4, 2011 with your daytime phone number and a comment about your experience.

• vcarrerasvcarreras Posts: 247
    I was told today at the local Honda dealership that the 2012 CR-V will be out in December! No exact date given.
  • Same here. December in SoCal.
    hmm, can't tell for sure, but it looks like still no manumatic function on the AT?

2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4i Limited Tech (mine), 2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2015 Jetta Sport (daughter's)

• I have read several reports that because of the floods in Thailand the 2012 CR-V release will be delayed "several weeks"! Thinking we will not see it until January 2012!
    A reporter is interested in talking with parents who own a 2012 Volkswagen Passat, Mazda 3, Chevy Cruze Eco, Honda Civic Hybrid, Chevy Sonic, Honda CR-V, Toyota Camry and Toyota Prius V. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 30, 2011 and include your city and state of residence, the model year of your vehicle and the age of your child/ren.

• You shouldn't. If you want a Camry buy a Camry. If you want an SUV wait for the CRV. It is going to be so much more versitile. If you need room for road trips and/or storage, the new CRV will definately fit the bill.

Used Car Ricky
  • Ours is scheduled to be here between the 8th and 12th of December.
  • According to several articles posted last Monday, there will be no delay after all. Production will start in Nov. 29 and should be ready mid-December.

Here's video from the LA Auto Show, and a full test. (Straightline)

• Bluetooth & rear-view cam are now standard on all models. Nice!
  • vvs6vvs6 Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the color selection pairings would be for an EX-L?
    Not happy that they still don't seem to have a manumatic function on the CRV (Honda doesn't seem to be big on that). Unless I am missing something!