Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Requiring Synthetic Oil for Venza

kyrptokyrpto Member Posts: 216
edited July 2014 in Toyota
Today I went for my 2nd oil change since purchasing my 4 cyl. Venza in February and learned that Toyota was overriding the owner's manual and recommending a full synthetic oil for it.

No letter to me yet but Toyota Customer Service confirmed this

Comments

• plaaaaaneplaaaaane Member Posts: 32
    Could it be the engine is under a bit more stress than their engineers anticipated and they are trying to keep it cool to avoid the gel problems or worse?
  • tigarddavetigarddave Member Posts: 4
    I had my 1st oil change two weeks ago at the dealer-and they did a normal change-w/o synthetic oil. I was thinking next time when I do it that this is cheap insurance.
    PS: My wife just got back from a 1,800 trip and and the computer was still showing 28.7 MPG-Not paid for the 4 cyl. with all wheel drive avg. 70+ :D
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Any idea if the oil change interval has been extended from 5,000 miles? I'm going 7,500 on my cars with dead dino, and I'd hate to have to pay more for synthetic and still have to change the oil that frequently.
  • kyrptokyrpto Member Posts: 216
    The dealership said 7,500 to 8,500. Toyota said 10,000.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.