Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Expedition Air Ride Suspension

124»

Comments

• either take the light bulb out like I did or take the fuse for the air ride out
  • airconmanairconman Posts: 13
    So, 01fordeb, it has been a year since you did the conversion. How is your EB Exp riding? Do the monroe coils keep the back end up nicely? Do you ever haul a healthy load and do the coils handle it well? I did the conversion with the moog coils and have to say it is better than dealing with the air suspension problems, but the moog coils are marginal in my opinion. The back end sags, especially with any kind of load. I want to replace the coils with something beefier and eliminate the sag. Assuming you are still positive on the conversion, can you tell me what model monroe coils you have?
    Thanks
    John
  • airconmanairconman Posts: 13
    Okay, 9 months after converting my '97 Exp to the moog coils in the rear I am finding the truck sags too much in the back. Has anyone had a better experience with different coils? and if so, with what brand and model? I am happy to not be dealing with air bag system problems but I want a better load handling coil than the moog coils I have on now...
    Thanks for any help!

John
  • hi i have problem with my 98 expedition air suspension,i will try to describe it as possible..

# when i start the truck the compressor kicks in and work prefect the front and rear air shock works to its level then compressor stops..i barely hear the compressor again when the truck is moving or running i guess its a good sign....

# then notice when i turn off the engine i heard couple clicking sound coming from the rear and my rear end starts to go down about 1 to 2 inches then stops.. IS THIS NORMAL???

#then after whole day off not running the rear end drops and rear driver side sits on the tire and the rear passenger aside almost sits on the tire..IS THIS NORMAL JUST FOR COUPLE OF HOURS THE REAR END DROP??? IF NOT HOW LONG WOULD IT LAST UNTIL THE REAR END DROPS?

#then i turn off the switch still the rear end drops,so there must be something wrong with it....

#Where can i start looking for for the problem? need help...ty
  • jrod12jrod12 Posts: 1
    I just put the monroe 90010 coil spring conversion kit on my 98 expedition after my air springs failed. I found that the back end sits up about 1 to 2 inches higher than the front and am looking for a solution. Did your moog springs keep the back end up on yours at first before it started to sag? I also hooked a heavy camper trailer to the back of my expedition and it only sagged about 2 inches
  • My 2006 Expo Air Suspension is down on all 4 bags...Can you tell me what part was fixed/replaced on yours....

I checked for leaks and my Motor Compressor will work when I bypass the relay---

Thank you
    Charles
    Baton Rouge LA
  • bigdadbearbigdadbear Posts: 7
    edited 10:34PM
    My 2003 Expedition Air Suspension Module (ASM) had all 4 air bags deflated about 1 year ago.. the only thing the dealer did was reprogram the ASM.. The dealer had no clue as to why...
    Everything worked well until this week. Ironically the same thing has happened--- All four Bags have deflated. I can activate the compressor/motor by jumping the relay and checked the air lines going to the solenoids--- I found no leaks...
    I would like to manually inflate the bags to check the bags as well as Keep this EXPO from riding like a Bronco Horse.
    I am not sure how to best activate the solenoids at each bag--- I know I can disconnect the ASM connector from each Solenoid and apply 12 volts across the coil to activate each solenoid---
    While I think it could be the ASM needs reprograming AGAIN...I am reluctant to take it to the dealer without making other component checks ----
    IF anyone has pulled the Motor/ compressor relay off and checked the voltage at the relay connector/wires I would appreciate your Voltage Readings---- The readings I got were the Following: At the 2 large connections that go to the Motor/compressor I get 12 volts on 1 and zero volts or groundd on the other. The 2 smaller connector/wires ,which activate the relay by the ASM, get 12 Volts on one and the other which i think goes back to the ASM reads about 3 volts.

All your suggestion, information, or references to help me will be greatly appreciated.

Charles Pace
    [Email removed]
    Baton Rouge, LA
  • does someone have the instructions on how to replace my front air shocks?
  • What year and Model -- Is it a 4x4 or rear wheel drive only ?

Are you getting rid of the Air Suspension 0r changing out the Air lift bags?
  • 2001 4X4 EDDIE BAUER EDITION. CHANGING AIR SHOCKS.
  • Hi,
    GO to Arnottindustries.com web Site below is typical removal / Installation instruction

https://www.arnottindustries.com/file.asp?Manual=TRUE&ProductID=41&Size=SMALL
  • I tried to level my truck manually and the front is low to the ground.The rear is way up in the air and has not gone down? Can any one help me?
  • "SAGGY [non-permissible content removed]"? My '97 Expedition E.B. 4X4 has the common problem. ALLOT (A WHOLE LOT) have at the Right Rear. My Air springs appear fine (per viewed pictures and a soap/water spray narrowed it down to the area of the "SOLENOID". I am going to replace the $ 25.00 solenoid before the $100.00 air springs hoping that works.
124»