Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cruze Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• kagedudekagedude Posts: 407
    Drive them back-to-back. The Mazda3 is a noisy car. Edmunds dB numbers notwithstanding.

I would agree that the Mazda3i Touring should be a "noiser car" than the Lexus but the Cruze? Let's be fair and wait for some test results.

Maybe the host can verify if the Edmunds DB/70mph test result on the Mazda 3i touring is a typo?
  • I don't think it's a typo. They may have had a 40mph tail wind when they conducted the noise test. dBA noise testing is an inaccurate science at best. Sones used now by Car and Driver magazine is better but far from perfect.

Chevrolet added layer upon layer of sound deadening features to the Cruze. The Cruze is a very quiet sedan that sets a new benchmark for the class.

Read more here:

dkszone.net

autonewscast.com

automedia.com

examiner.com

No other manufacturer uses half of the acoustic technology employed in Chevrolet's new Cruze sedan.
  • kagedudekagedude Posts: 407
    Thanks for the links. I can't wait to test drive the 1LT or 2LT. The 3 things I like so far about the Cruze that I read is the quiet interior, the best stereo for a compact and of course the mpg rating. This might be our first Chevy since our '78 Caprice Classic station wagon and '87 Monte Carlo LS so I'm excited.
  • A lot of the road noise depends on the road surface. My Cobalt is fairly quiet on a smooth concrete road but is very noisy on macadam that is not smooth. So is the Avalon which is touted as very quiet. I rented one a couple of years ago in Florida and the road and wind noise was far worse than my 2003 DeVille.
  • The Cruze needs a coupe and preferably a convertible/ The present styling is actually coupe styling but my red Cobalt looks a lot neater.
  • Yeah road and wind noise are things I don't like. That's why I appreciate the effort and expense that GM put into making the Cruze class-leading in this area. It does add some weight, but I'm willing to deal with an extra 5% there if it's put to good use and in this case - it is.
  • A reporter is interested in talking with someone who thinks perhaps the competition has caught up to Toyota and Honda; someone who may be considering new brands for the first time in awhile.

If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than 5pm, Thursday, November 11, 2010, and include your city and state of residence, your email address and your telephone number.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I'm looking for fully loaded small car with big interior. Just tested 2LT recently in NJ. Very impress with interior space (cruze is built on same platform as Volt) and overall handling,quality. It was very comfortable for 6'3" big man. 2LT had extra convenience package and 17" alloy wheels 4 disc brakes with pioneer premium audio priced at $23,035 with destination. Dealer offered maybe $400 discount max. I got same story hot car ble ble ble. To compare I went to Hyundai dealer and tested fully loaded Elantra 2011 Limited with sunroof, navigation, rear view cam etc. for the same price. I was impressed with car and more so because you getting better warranty then GM. I think GM dealers need to wake up. I still think for small car Hyundai is overpriced. I hope new Ford Focus 2012 will add to competition and prices will go down.
  • clubguyclubguy Posts: 15
    Purchased 5/16....1 LT with cruise/bluetooth package...compact spare package..This particular model had the old MSRP of 19,535.00...no dealer added options....$2000.00 discount...$17,535.00 plus tax and temporary tag...
    This was about $1500.00 lower than another dealer we visited in our area....
    Cincinnati,Ohio
  • brueggiebrueggie Posts: 46
    MSRP $19700 bought for $19173 + TTL which is $100 below GM Supplier pricing. The GM employee price was $18522. Unless there are rebates on the Cruze, you can't expect a big discount because there isn't a big markup on the Cruze. You should be able to negotiate any Cruze model at $100 below supplier pricing. Goto GMFamilyFirst dot com and price out your car under the Employee Referal Tools tab and click on Help Your Friends Shop.
  • Kirstie@EdmundsKirstie@Edmunds Posts: 10,676
    A reporter would like to talk with someone who recently traded in a Honda or Toyota for a Hyundai, Kia, Ford or Chevy. Please email pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 3, 2011 with your daytime contact information, the car models involved and a few words about your decision.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    went out this morning to take a test drive in a 2011 chevy cruze LS non-turbo model and this was my results.car could not get out of it's own way with sloppy engine,brakeing,and tranny performance..had to floor the gas pedal to get the car to move and the transmission constantly shifts in the lower gears.this is a cobalt with a chevy cruze name on it...
  • eliaselias Posts: 1,830
    I test drove the same car yesterday and had the opposite reaction - loved it, including the NVH aspects (noise vibration handling)!
    The 1.8L engine was fine for what I'm looking for, very efficient.
    Also I found the Cruze LS automatic transmission predictably/comfortably slushy and behaving exactly as an automatic should -(functioning as designed - revving exactly the same as you observed, steven39! )
    After the test-drive of the automatic, I bought the manual-shift Cruze LS.
    Great winter/ski/bad-weather car, replaces my jetta TDI. I paid (will-pay) MSRP minus $1k retention cashback, $3400 GM card rebate, $9500 bluebook value trade-in. The manual-shift car is on its way from whatever dealer had it, presumably via bonded driver. :shades:
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    A reporter is interested in talking with recent buyers of the Chevy Cruze, who previously owned a non-GM vehicle. If you care to share your comments, please email your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than 5:00pm Pacific, Monday, August 8, 2011.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• benrey23benrey23 Posts: 41
    I had been out of car sales for 12 years. GOt back in a a Chevy dealer back in January. First let me say the Cruze is a very nice car. GM finally is paying attention to this market. What makes me sick is new car buyers (not talking about used car buyers) believe they should never pay MSRP. Even when there is rebates buyers want a sale price close to invoice where the rebates are taken off. I dont know what people think we make but let me shed some light. When I sell a new car lets say a Chevy Cruze I am almost always gonna make $100 flat commission. Now let me say it is not always the customers fault. There is always amother dealer usually the bigger ones who have no problem selling their new car for invoice forcing everyone to do the same if they want someones business. On a Chevy Cruze we are talking about 400 on average unless it is a loaded LTZ then it might be 900 mark up. I make 25% of front gross. 900 gross is 225 bucks. I hardly think that is an unfair amount. The Chevy Cruze has no rebates because it is selling great. Over 20,000 units the last 4 months and is number one in its class. Why should we discount the damn thing. If there were rebates why should we start the sale price close to invoice. What is so wrong with selling a New Car for sticker. We are not talking about $1000 of profit and commissions here folks. Now dont get me wrong. If we are talking about year end cars then I understand giving extra beyond the rebates. But come on people, trying to drive down the sale price on the #1 selling car in its class the Cruze is crazy. Nothing wrong with paying sticker on a popular, very well designed, great MPG, fun to drive car.
    I dont know what you think the mark up is on a base Cruze, but let me tell you it is not 1200. More like 700. There are no rebates (#1 selling car in its class) so why would any dealer even discount the car.
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    just recently purchased a 2012 hyundai elantra gls for $18,000.00 after compareing it to a 2011 chevy cruze LS.msrp for the cruze LS was $18,700.00
    elantra blew it away with it's standard features such as cruise control,power side mirrors,more power,warranty.4-wheel disk brakes,..all these things were missing on the cruze and were standard on the elantra.the cruze is a cavalier and cannot compete with the elantra at this price point....
  • fushigifushigi Posts: 1,218
    So you never buy TVs or appliances when they're on sale? Seriously, consumers want bargains, especially in a down economy. As a salesperson you need to face that reality and work with it. The quality of the product doesn't change that.

Many here would probably advise you to simply be glad you have a product that's selling.
    We dont need prices to come down. We states so people can afford them. Driving prices down sound good, but all it does is drive the suppliers profits down and the next thing u know is the ship X or somewhere. As for the Cruze. It is a great vehicle with excellent styling, handling, quietness, steering, and fun to drive. Gets great MPG, has a great warranty of 5/10000. Yes Hynudai has longer so what. 400 discount is good for a Cruze. Why do u people insist on driving the sellinmg price down on a hot car that is out selling the cometition. I wont make much whether I sell for MSRP or reduce the price by 400. It is a matter of value and principle. I truly believe in the value of the Cruze and as a salesman will not take a deal to my boss if someone demands to pay less than MSRP. If we need to do it to help get to a payment then that is fine, but not just because. I cant keep more than 3 Cruzes on the lot at a time and you want 400 discount out of maybe 700 mark-up. Crazy
    Yes I buy TV's when they are on sale for a reduced % or amount. I sell many cars that way with incentives like consumer cash, low rates, dealer cash ect. No problem discounting a car that the manufacturer has inflated the dealer inventories or if a model is not selling well. That is different and I agree you should not buy it for MSRP. My issue is with cars like the Equinox and Cruze. I cant keep more than 10 in stock on either of them at a time and I like to have 30 between the two of them. I bet 98% of the subscribers on Edmunds would not sell an item that was in great demand for a discounted price. However as I said before it is the responsibility of the dealers to keep the value at sticker on a high demand car. The big dealers that I call Wal-Mart dealers are the one who sell so many they can afford to lose money on 20-30 of their deals on the front end.

Its not just the product that sells, its the salesman. And I am glad to be able to have the ability to assist customers in todays market.