Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cruze Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

1235»

Comments

• Bought a new Cruze last week, got a "steal" as far as I'm concerned. Car was stickered at 19,100 dealer knocked off 500, another 2000 in GM rebates (car show, GM loyalty money), then I used my GM card with another 2000 (topped off earnings) on it, plus I got 1400 in trade for my 11 year old Impala with >148,000 on it. Total before taxes and title $13,200. :) You can't buy a decent used car for that now a days. Plus it's an LS without cruise control, got the dealer to throw that in. Happy with car so far, used for commuting about 60 miles a day nearly all highway. Miss the Impala but wanted to get rid of it prior to any major problems. Trusting Chevy again after swearing them off. The Impala cost me over $2500 between 45,000-51,000 miles with just stupid / quality control problems. Hopefully GM has really stepped it up a notch. I'll be comparing this car's quality to Toyota products we've had.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,083
    Congratulations, shale_gas_man! Wishing you many happy miles in your new Cruze!
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,666
    Had a '12 Equinox yesterday and the cruise worked very strangely and wouldn't activate immediately...was very unsafe actually and put me off this car!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

Sarah, had a '12 Equinox yesterday across Florida from Miami to Tampa and the cruise didn't work properly...it didn't engage with the push of a button like all the other cars including my own...why is that? Also, the 3 Cruze's that I've driven just have been extremely noisy while accelerating, and one was a brand new LTZ RS unit. Maybe I'm just not getting the right one but my '06 Civic is such a better car in every way. I'm hopping the Verano , once i do get to drive one, will be a better vehicle. I really want to like GM products but so far am very underwhelmed!

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,083
    sandman_6472,

Per the 2012 Equinox manual, there should be a "Cancel" cruise control button on the wheel that disengages the cruise control without erasing it. I'm sorry if this wasn't operational on the vehicle you were driving.

Please let us know if there is anything you would like for us to check into for you in regards to new vehicles on our lineup. We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sarah, GM Customer Service
    It was the engaging that was the issue! No where on the dash did it show that the cruise was even on, no light, no nothing...even my lowly Civic has a light on to show me the cruise is on. After hitting the button, it did not engage until after repeated pushes down on the set toggle switch which led to the vehicle slowing down, a very unsafe thing on a heavy traffic freeway! Was totally unsafe, dangerous and scary and pissed me off that y'all couldn't get this simple thing right. It made a very nice vehicle a terrible one in my eyes! The Malibu's and Cruze's I've driven haven't done this which is why I am really p o'd about this issue!

The Sandman :( :mad: :confuse:

• eliaselias Posts: 1,916
    edited February 2013
    S-man, i've owned and enjoyed 4 civics and driven the 2006 hybrid models and find the 011 cruze far superior.
    I understand the 1.4L model specifically omits engine-quieting weight to improve mpg, compared to the 1.8 model.
    on the 1.8L Cruze, i've how quiet/smooth the engine is - reminds me of my civic fleet which included base model 4-speed manual as well as LX & EX automatics.
    The EX model is my favorite civic, no doubt about that.

I had my Cruze before most people had heard of the model, and for the first year would tell people that it was "Chevy Civic" before explaining how it was better than a civic. :shades:

another aspect Cruze shares with my 4 civics is zero defects, zero issues.
    there were zero Cruze issues causing dealer-visits in 1.5 years and 40k miles.
    (Unless you count one recall/inspection, and my heel wearing a huge hole through the drivers floor mat. I probably coulda got a new mat under warranty but i'm going to find an improved aftermarket mat, perhaps that there weatherbeater type from the 46 page advertisements in all the automags.)
  • crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,345
    After hitting the button, it did not engage until after repeated pushes down on the set toggle switch which led to the vehicle slowing down, a very unsafe thing on a heavy traffic freeway!

Not having an indicator light would be a nuisance, and also having to stab it more than once would also be irritating. But on the other hand, cruise really shouldn't be used in heavy traffic, and especially in poor wx.
  • eliaselias Posts: 1,916
    the fact that one can have the factory cruise-control added to the base cruze, is very cool.. . i had heard it was possible just by swapping the steering wheel with one from the "LT" or "LTZ" model.

as for the cost of the new cruze, one can't really include the trade-in value of the other vehicle, GM-card discounts, etc.

but if that's the way we are going measure price, then chalk up my 2011 Cruze price as a mere $3000. ($10k was the trade-in value on my 2006 Jetta TDI with 120k miles).
    Glad you like your Cruze but to me, it's sub par to what the market has to offer. The new Sentra rides like an Altima, it's that good and the Elantra, well it's rally the benchmark of this segment. Am hoping to like the Verano more once I do get to drive one on an extended road trip. As of now, the Cruze will not be on our short list...would rather purchase any used car instead!

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,876
    Did you recently purchase a car from the Detroit 3 (GM, Ford or Chrysler) after avoiding these domestic vehicles in the past? What made you change your mind? A reporter would like to ask about your experience. If you can help, please contact pr@edmunds.com by Friday April 26th 2013.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• melusa1melusa1 Posts: 7
    Gabe Taveras is a great sales person, we started on a Mazda 3 which my son really didn't like and the numbers did not work on, we went to look at a Hyundai Elantra which my son did like but Amir from Brandon Hyundai lied to us and misrepresented the numbers on the phone and in email in an effort to come to the dealership which we did and they couldn't back up what they told me on the phone, Gabe had called us again while we were at Hyundai, I sent my wife and son back to Gabe. He demonstrated and test drove the Cruze with them while I was lied to by Amir from Brandon Hyundai. I came back to Ferman and Gabe re test drove the car with me and my son and the numbers were right and the deal was done. Gabe is 5 star, Greg the manager was a pleasure to work with and Jeff the finance manager was a pleasure as well. This my 6th car from the Ferman family in our 9 years in Florida so that should tell you something right there. Gabe, Greg, & Jeff are professionals and a huge asset to the Ferman family.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,561
    A reporter would like to speak with a Baby Boomer who recently (within the last year) purchased a compact or subcompact car. If you can assist, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact information by July 17, 2013

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,561
    A reporter would like to speak to a young buyer of a Ford Focus or a Chevy Cruze. If you are under the age of 34, and you are shopping for or recently purchased a Ford Focus or a Chevy Cruze, please send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. PT/4 p.m. ET on Thursday, 10/10/13.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• spahutspahut Posts: 9

Negotiation on 2014 Cruz 2LT --- MSRP $26,100 with all options. Offered $24,100 before $2,000 rebate and $1300 GM card. Waiting to hear back from dealership. Do people think I am in the ballpark?

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,591

Do you guys know what rebates work with the 0% Financing?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

Working at Hertz HLE these last 7 months and drive a lot of Cruze's and Malibu's and truthfully, the Malibu is the more popular vehicle. The Cruze just isn't the best vehicle, the Verano is so much better. To be honest, the best Chevy out there is one that Americans can only buy on the used car lots and that is the Captiva, very big in fleet sales and made in Canada. Guess Chevy figured Americans didn't need it since the Equinox is just a bit bigger and has a third row for passengers. Trust me, the Captiva is a great vehicle and I would own one right now if we could get them new. I ended up with a Hyundai Tuscon and am very pleased with it. My gig at Hertz gives me the opportunity to drive most different kinds of vehicles, and trust me here, folks have a general preference for vehicles and will swap out of one's they really dislike in a heart beat. Most folks fail to realize that when they put in a reservation for a particular class of car, they don't always get the car pictured on their computer. The rental business is a very interesting one and we get vehicles dropped off from every state it seems. I am enjoying this job so much because every day is different and every vehicle I drive is different.

The Sandman :) B)

1235»