Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cruze Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey Todd. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 48%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • smaxxsmaxx Posts: 9
    Car man,

Could you please post the lease factors for a Cruze 1LT, 36 months, 12K miles per year? I'm in NJ if that matters.

Thanks.
  • hmi1hmi1 Posts: 2
    Hey Car_man,

Can you please post the residual value, money factor, and incentives for June for a 2011 Chevy Cruze ECO with an MSRP of $20, 625 for 48 months and 15k miles per year (I want 18k miles but understand that I would have to prepay for the extra miles instead)?

I live in Virginia.

Thank you very much.
  • cnote2cnote2 Posts: 63
    Looking for 36m 12k and 15k lease. any lease cash or incentives?
    Hello smaxx. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Ahhh, hmi1, the Cruze ECO. Interesting car. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze ECO with 15,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 41%, respectively.

As I mentioned in my previous post, GM is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cnote2. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Cruze 2LT are 1.0% and 47%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

GM is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on 36 month leases of the Cruze through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • hmi1hmi1 Posts: 2
    Thank you Car_Man for your help. Quick question: I talked to a dealer and he said the only incentive they have is $500 for credit union members. Can you tell me how I can find the $750 Ally incentive online?
    No problem hmi1. The $750 cash incentive is definitely available on 36 month leases of this car through Ally. The dealer is either mistaken or trying to mislead you. I'm not aware of any resource that has this information on-line.

Car_man
    Host
  • pmhapmha Posts: 2
    We are currently in the process of leasing a Chevy Cruze .

All was going fairly smooth until we were asked to offer proof of residency. We have been living at current residence for 7 years, so we cannot understand why that is required? We are living with family and utility bills are in their names. Our insurance does have our current address on documents, but that is not acceptable according to dealer. In addition, the dealer tells us this is a new requirement, under some new law, of which we are not aware of or cant find any info on.

Is this truly a new requirement? or is the dealer pulling our leg?
  • I know this is a late reply. The incentive you were asking about is a CCR credit CCR stands for (Cap Cost Reduction). It is not listed on most of the incentive reports salesman recieve. That lease rate is for A tier credit rating of over 800. The rate goes up a little if lower but still good. Since it is a Ally credit GM does not advertise it because Ally is free to change how the lease is set up. Meaning they can always raise the residual % and reduce the CCR. GM doesnt care as long as the overall lease special is good for the agreed time. It also requires about 2500 down. You dont have to put that much down it, but ur payment will be about 30-40 higher.
  • stever12stever12 Posts: 11
    edited December 2011
    Car_man,

Could you please provide the MF, Residual, and if any lease cash for 2012 Cruze ECO w/ 6 speed manual for 36 and 39 month leases with 12k miles/yr? Also, I am curious how these numbers compare with Cruze LS w/ 5 speed, so if any significant difference please post these too.

In Oregon, if it matters.

Thanks for the great service you provide!
  • You're very welcome stever12. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze ECO with 12,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 55%, respectively. The numbers for a 39-month lease would be 1.1% and 52%.

General Motors is currently providing a $1,250 cash incentive on 36 to 39 month leases of this car through Ally.

The lease rates are the same for the LS, but its residual values are 2% lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for quick response. A couple follow up questions:
    1. Can you give me the 24 month numbers (lease rate/residual(12k/yr)/lease cash) for the '12 Cruze ECO?
    2. Are these terms for the $0 first payment lease ads I have been seeing from GM?
    3. Do you happen to know the acquisition fee for Ally?

Thanks!
  • Hi Car_Man, I know you are busy but I am hoping to get an answer on my last question before going shopping. Thanks!
  • You're welcome stever12. Ally's December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Echo with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 62%, respectively. General Motos is currently providing an $1,850 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this car through Ally.

Ally charges an unattractive $795 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • budman21budman21 Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    Not sure if everyone knows this but GM is currently topping off GM Card earnings AND has removed the allowance limits!! Good til Feb 29th on anything but Volt and Corvette ZR1.

Anyway, this has really gotten me thinking about leasing but I'm a detail guy and those salesman are awfully stingy with lease rate info. With that discount($3000) and my USAA $750 incentive, I can get a payment down in the low $100 range with a good lease MF and residuals....That said can the dealer fudge Ally's rate to be a profit center for them without telling you?

I got a rate from the dealer of 2.0 and 2.1 % for my 24 and 36 month quotes and 61 and 53 for the residuals. There was also a CCR listed for $900 on 36 or $1800 on 24. Credit rating here is Tier A & S. I saw several posts here from Dec for 1.1%. Thoughts? New rate info? Preference on 24 or 36? Leaning towrds 24 mo to cut the cost with all this free money.

I want to lease a 2012 Cruze 1LT automatic this month or next. Do they change rates every month?

Last question, I promise. Is gap insurance included with Ally leases?

Thanks in advance for any info available!!
  • I am in almost the same situation as budman21 above. I have also recieved the GM Card top off ($3000) and also GM loyalty of $500. I'm looking to lease a 1LT automatic as well. Any information on the lease rate would be helpful to me as well. Thanks,
  • autoboy19autoboy19 Posts: 90
    edited January 2012
    budman21,

Do you know how many miles those residuals were for?

Seems like they should be 15k?

Those lease rates are marked up. Base rates are 1.0% and 1.1% respectively.

Dealer told me 63% for 24 months on 1LT or ECO with 12k per year.
    edited January 2012
    It was definitely 61% for 24 month 1LT automatic. I told her I wanted both but she said she was running it for 12K and we could adjust it up or down later. I think that's what was listed on the worksheet but I don't recall but I didn't trust her one bit from the beginning. She was abrasive, condescending, and annoying. All she wanted to do was tell me how great the payment was. She got snippy when I asked what the $1800 was for....and that was a lease incentive that I was getting. For other questions I had, she either didn't know or said she would have to check with finance guy later that he was busy.

What a fool. She lost the sale. I got up to leave, and she was 'aghast' that I wasn't going to sign and she said the worksheets were 'Hers' and to give them back.

I thought the payment was high. Later, I figured out that she had rolled everything except first month back into payments. In PA, we pay 9% on payments so the title, tags, aquisition fee, and the 9% tax on $5550 CCR was all being taxed at 9%. That's taxing the tax!

One followup question: The $5550 she listed as CCR consisted of $3000 GM Card earnings, $1800 lease incentive, and $750 USAA member incentive. I understand that the GM Card earnings are treated as a downpayment, but I think that the lease incentive and USAA incentive should come off the negotiated price and not be CCR. I saw a table somewhere on the site that said incentives were not taxable in PA. As CCR, she had me pay 9% on that up front (and then again as it was included in payments). Thoughts? I could see her getting me on that payment but then re-writing the numbers so they could pocket the difference between and what should be the real payment.

Thanks for clearing up base rate. That makes perfect sense. So the dealer was getting a 1% markup.

I'm certain that my quote came from Ally. Maybe yours came from Americredit?
  • Hi Carman,
    My wife is looking at a Cruze LS - do you have the MF/Residual & any incentives on this for a 24 mo 15k/yr lease?
    Thanks
  • Hi klinko. Ally's February base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 59%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,800 cash incentive that is currently available on 24-month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • klinkoklinko Posts: 4
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Carman - I ended up at $173/mo with bt and connectivity pkg 15k/yr LS in metallic blue with $1400 DAS & $500 scrap value trade in. Just in case anyone else is curious as to what the actual deals are. I got $1800 ally, $500 loyalty, $660 Dealer incentive. YMMV. Thank you to Matthews-Hargreaves in Royal Oak, MI as well!
    edited February 2012
    Sorry, I'm a little late here but the base 1LT automatic has the highest residual and I here nothing but complaints about the LS poor acceleration. The LT comes standard with a 1.4 turbo that is much better with plenty of pep. LS doesnt have cruise control either. Dealers advertise the LS with thier best lease deal but with 1LT automatic you'll get a higher residual, partially offsetting the price increase of LT. The $1800 Ally lease incentive is also good on LT btw. You should get at least an additional point for 1LT and two points for automatic(except eco which they don't penalize on stick). They actually penalize for stick which surprised me. LTZ residuals are lower than LT. I'm guessing they assume people who get the sport models will beat them accordingly...lol Note that going from 1LT to 2LT will cost you 3 points in residual value!!

One last thing to keep in mind, any extras you get on top of the base trim levels will not increase your residual. On a short two year lease those options will certainly hit you wallet harder every month.
  • Could someone please help me figure out if the Cruze Eco has he same residual/MF? Also, does it have the $1,800 lease incentive? One dealer said there is none, and another said it was $1,000. Thank you very much. I need a car ASAP.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,913
    A reporter is looking to interview parents who own a Chevy Cruze Eco, Toyota Prius V and/or Honda Civic Hybrid. If you are willing to share your experience with the car, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than March 10, 2012.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• feda472feda472 Posts: 1
    Hey I was looking into leasing a Cruze before the summer. The cheapest model they have with automatic transmission. 0 down 24 month lease and 10K/yr.
    Hi rflang. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Eco with 15,000 miles per year are 1.1% and 50%, respectively.

I believe that the csh incentive on 36-month leases of the Cruze Eco is lower at $1,100.

Car_man
    Host
  • meh485meh485 Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,
    Can you get me the MF, base rate, residual of the 2012 chevy cruze eco, 1lt, and ls for 15k miles?
    thank you in advance!
  • meh485meh485 Posts: 4
    Car_man,
    would you be able to get me the money factor and residual for the cruze lt? i am looking to go to the dealership tomorrow and would like to be prepared for what the dealer is going to offer me.
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.