Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cruze Lease Questions

Comments

• ireland1ireland1 Posts: 5
    Consider that when you lease a car the dealer actually sells the car to the leasing company. Sometimes gap insurance is provided by the lease company others don't provide it. Gap insurance is just what it sounds like. Lets say your gets stolen in 6 months the leasing company is out the 26000 they paid for the car minus the 6 months of payments you made on itt. Your car insurance pays 20,000 for your loss gap insurance covers that gap.
  • arb1arb1 Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Could you please provide the MF and Residual % for a Cruze ECO w/ 6 speed manual?
    24 month and 36 month leases with 15k miles.

TIA
  • bzogbzog Posts: 1
    Car_man,

Could you pleases tell me the MF and RV on the Cruze LS with 6-speed automatic for a 39 month lease with 18k miles? I assume they still allow you to lease a car at that high of a mileage rate. My sister drives 250 miles per week back and forth to work so she needs lots of miles.

TIA
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi arb1. Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze Eco with 15,000 miles per year are 0.15% and 60%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are 1.0% and 50%.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,275 cash incentive on for 24 month leases of it and $1,100 on 36 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hey bzog. Ally's April base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 15,000 miles per year are 47% and 47%, respectively.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Ally publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • tgaydoshtgaydosh Posts: 4
    Does anyone know what the current lease incentives are for the Cruze? I qualify for the USAA rebate, military pricing and GM credit card bonus?
  • nptodaronptodaro Posts: 2
    Car_man,

Can you please tell me the residual value, money factor, and incentives for May for a 2011 Chevy Cruze ECO with an MSRP of $20, 625 for 24/36 months and 12k miles per year?

I live in Huntington, NY (11743)

Thank you very much,
    Nick
    Hey tgaydosh. GM's current cash incentive for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze through Ally is $1,250.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings Nick. Ally's May base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze ECO with 12,000 miles per year are 1.08% and 51%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. you can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,250 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • sheepdog1sheepdog1 Posts: 26
    Hey Carman, what are the latest lease base numbers and residuals and any lease incentives for the cruz?

Thanks
    Todd
    Hey Todd. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 48%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on 36 month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • smaxxsmaxx Posts: 9
    Car man,

Could you please post the lease factors for a Cruze 1LT, 36 months, 12K miles per year? I'm in NJ if that matters.

Thanks.
  • hmi1hmi1 Posts: 2
    Hey Car_man,

Can you please post the residual value, money factor, and incentives for June for a 2011 Chevy Cruze ECO with an MSRP of $20, 625 for 48 months and 15k miles per year (I want 18k miles but understand that I would have to prepay for the extra miles instead)?

I live in Virginia.

Thank you very much.
  • cnote2cnote2 Posts: 42
    Looking for 36m 12k and 15k lease. any lease cash or incentives?
    Hello smaxx. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 51%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 cash incentive that is currently available on 36 month leases of it through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Ahhh, hmi1, the Cruze ECO. Interesting car. Here's the information that you're looking for. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 48 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze ECO with 15,000 miles per year are 2.25% and 41%, respectively.

As I mentioned in my previous post, GM is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey cnote2. Ally's June base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT with 15,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Cruze 2LT are 1.0% and 47%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 12,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 2% higher.

GM is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on 36 month leases of the Cruze through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • hmi1hmi1 Posts: 2
    Thank you Car_Man for your help. Quick question: I talked to a dealer and he said the only incentive they have is $500 for credit union members. Can you tell me how I can find the $750 Ally incentive online?
    No problem hmi1. The $750 cash incentive is definitely available on 36 month leases of this car through Ally. The dealer is either mistaken or trying to mislead you. I'm not aware of any resource that has this information on-line.

Car_man
    Host
  • pmhapmha Posts: 2
    We are currently in the process of leasing a Chevy Cruze .

All was going fairly smooth until we were asked to offer proof of residency. We have been living at current residence for 7 years, so we cannot understand why that is required? We are living with family and utility bills are in their names. Our insurance does have our current address on documents, but that is not acceptable according to dealer. In addition, the dealer tells us this is a new requirement, under some new law, of which we are not aware of or cant find any info on.

Is this truly a new requirement? or is the dealer pulling our leg?
This discussion has been closed.