Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cruze Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I certainly do guitarplayer4. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ with 10,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 69%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 1.75% and 58%.

I believe that the numbers for the 2LT are exactly the same.

When negotiating your deal on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $950 cash incentive that is available on 24-month and $1,025 that is available on 36-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jnkohjnkoh Posts: 17
    Hi Car_man. What are the lease numbers for a 2012 Cruze LS with Auto 24 months and 12K miles per year.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Greetings jnkoh. Ally's August base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 Chevrolet Cruze LS with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 69%, respectively.

There currently is a $250 cash incentive on 24-month leases of this car through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Do you have any info on 2013 Cruze lease rates ?
  • Yes I do c6gold. Ally's September base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze with 15,000 miles per year are 3.3% and 56%, respectively.

There is a minimal $180 cash incentive on leases of this car through Ally right now. It's not much, but it doesn't hurt ;).

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you Car_man. I appreciate the info.
    Keep up the great work.
  • You're very welcome, c6gold. Thank you for the kind words.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man, I was just quoted $199/mo. with 7% sales tax incl. on a '13 Cruze LS 6 spd. Base. Sticker is $17,569 negotiated price $15,468. 15k miles per year on a 24 month lease with $1000 down. What do you think?
  • andy169andy169 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy a 2012 1LT cruze. I also need to sell my old vehicle and do some research before I make the big decision to buy. My dealer said that after 10/31/2012, there won't be any lease offers on 2012 models . Is that true? (based on your experiences from previous years?)
    Also, If GM continues the lease offers on 2012 vehicles next month also, should I expect the payments to reduce further?
    Even if you are not sure, you can reply with your guesses (obviously w/o any liabilities) .

Thanks
  • Hi gittledog. The margins are pretty small on the Cruze. The car that you're interested in probably only has a spread of around $600 or so between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add the $180 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of this car through Ally to that and you have a total of $780 or so to play with. Somehow you are being given a massive $2,000 discount on this car. That's a great price.

I'm coming up with a payment about $10 per month less than $199 using the numbers that you provided in your post, but either way this is an excellent deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi andy169. What you were told is probably correct. I would not be surprised at all of GM pulled the plug on its lease support for the 2012 models that it hasn't done so for already at the end of the month.

If you want to lease a 2012 model then you probably should do so in October. If you don't care about the model year, you can always lease a 2013 model at some point down the road.

Car_man
    Host
  • orbm1orbm1 Posts: 3
    I got this 2012 Cruze 1LT with RS package.

$700 down and due + $100 for plates and $150 month 24 month Lease with 10,000 miles per year.

How did I do?

Thanks!
  • You orobably already know, but Chevrolet does not offer any good 2012 Cruze lease offers. Sure you can lease still but it would not be advantagous to do so. The 2013 is I think 149 month plus tax, with 1600 down plus 1st payment. Still a really good lease.
  • Hi all,

Can anybody help me with the residual value and money factor of the 2013 Cruze (2013 LS 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl, 6M)), the current market price is $17,130. I'm interested in a 36 month lease 15k miles per year.
    Additionally, do you think is possible to negotiated at $16,000?

Thanks,
  • benneybbenneyb Posts: 13
    Car man, as always much appreciate your efforts here.

Could you please give me the MF and Residuals for a Cruse 1LT for both 10k and 12k per year, 24 month and 36 month leases? Many thanks.
  • Hello alejo0401. Ally's base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze with 15,000 miles per year are 3.2% and 56%.

General Motors is providing a $950 cash incentive on leases of this car right now. When you combine that cash with the $600 or so spread between this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price, I would say that a discount of $1,130 should be possible.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks benneyb. General Motors current base lease rate and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT with 12,000 miles per year are 4.1% and 69%.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are 3.2% and 58%.

The residual values for leases with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Carman Thanks for all the info u provide

My question is on a 2013 Cruze with MSRP of 19020 and the incentives that u have listed from GM my dealership wants 18890 as the agreed upon price. in a worksheet and other sources Im showing that the price wold be around 18411.36..Dealer says that price is more then his invoice price..Is there room to negotiate there or not also is there a GREAT deal of hold back for dealer on this vehicle .any info would help to negotiate a better lease deal thanks
  • There is not a great deal of holdback on a Chevy Cruze at any price. The salesman will likely make a $100 flat regardless. I would say if they have treated you well then the price they suggested is good. When it is all said and done the salesman gets a commission which wont be much, the managers will get something, there is advertising cost, holding cost depending on age in inventory, clean up crew to prep the car when shipped and for delivery, ect. The point is on a Chevy Cruze the leases are very good. I understand the need to make sure you are getting a fair deal. 18,411 is probably close to invoice making it about 400 over. I would say that is a fair deal. We have not even mentioned the fact the Cruze is a great car, great fuel mileage with a great warranty. You picked a good one.
  • I appreciate the feedback ..It just feels like Im missing something ..I dont feel like 200 under MSRP is getting a good deal
This discussion has been closed.