Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Transmission Problems

Comments

• Well, another phone call and still no answers. Yet another part was ordered and still can't get it right. What is the deal GM? Why isn't this in the news? This is a major problem that even the dealer agrees with. I think that GM should just buy the car back since they don't think anything is wrong with it.
  • If we can look into this issue with your transmission further, please send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership.
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • I have a 2007 Acadia that has been in and out of the shop 6 times since November, every time for the same problems I read other 2007 Acadias are experiencing! I personally know 3 other owners of 2007 Acadias and we are all in the same boat, constantly in the shop and pissed off. We need to start a support group!
    Our transmission died JUST over our 70K warranty was up (sound familiar?) we had to tow it to the dealer from our driveway.

If this is such a common problem why won't GM recall and fix it? These cars are not safe and we are a one car family of 5 that needs a reliable vehicle! When you purchase a defective product you should be able to return it, or at the very least have it fixed free of charge. I'm disappointed in GM.

At this point I'll pay a lawyer before I pay more to fix my Acadia.
  • Maybe we should all get the world out that the GMC acadia's are lemons ..... maybe then GM will actually listen and do something about this mess. I am telling everyone I know NOT to buy an acadia ... and if they don't beleive me - I tell them to just google "GMC acadia compliants" and that is all they need to know. I wish I had done that before I bought mine. I'm waiting "patiently" to get mine back just so I can unload it ... but I worry about the next family that may get this car ..... :(
  • I am still waiting as well for my Acadia to come back.... driving my moms 1998 Mini-Van with 168,000- miles on it ... how ironic. Like I said I have called GM Corporate in Detroit in tears. They listened but still did not care, seeing I am still without my car 12 days later and not even a loaner car. I post on Facebook to get the word out there. This car is dangerous. It will take numerous poeple to get killed before GM will do anything.
  • I Just tried to send my information to you (GM Customer Service, Sarah) so you can look into this further, and the email is rejecting. Please explain again how I should send the information ....
  • Do you already have a case going with us on this concern, michele2377? If you would like for us to get one set up for you, please send the following to socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

• 18 days and counting....I called today and they had to take the transmission out for the 3rd time. I also called GM to voice my concern...I'm sure it wont help any. So frustrated...... :sick:
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Since the a/c is a closed unit, having to add R134a, there is obviously a leak. If the dye didn't show anything they need to check the rear evaporator core for a leak. Course it's a PITA to do yet that's where they will probably find the leak.

It's very rare to find a good dealer. If that's the case I'd check around the service department and talk to some of their customers before buying another vehicle period. Cause all of the brands have bad dealers. It's a matter of finding a good one.
  • If you would like for us to look into this situation with your transmission further, please don't hesitate to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN).
  • In addition to the socialmedia@gm.com address, you can try sarah_grace@gmexpert.com

• Just to remind you we had trans problems, went on vacation, have a/c problems were helped and were very pleased. We got back to San Antonio and shortly afterward my wife had another a/c problem and she promptly took it back to Gunn GMC Buick in San Antonio TX. She was told that there was nothing wrong that they could find. They said to bring it back if we had a problem. A week later we were out on Friday. We had the same problem and followed their instructions. We were careful to have a technician see the problem firsthand. It was quite obvious that we had a problem. Here's the good part: They then couldn't find anything again, oh and by the way since they couldn't find anything I owed $133 for the very low refrigerant. I scratched head and mentioned that we were here a week earlier and were told that nothing was wrong, and now they were adding freon to the system that was blowing warm and still has no problem. I mentioned that we also had freon added a couple of weeks earlier in Fayettville AR. Disgusted I said that I would not take the vehicle until I got a fix. Oh, I forgot this was Monday afternoon now and that we have been without a vehicle all this time. Once they saw that I was not taking it they agreed to keep the vehicle for another few days. After they again found nothing they added dye and gave me a demo. Something like that anyway. Here is the gist Sarah:

I had to fight and discuss this with many people. I got nothing fixed and I was charged for troubleshooting the vehicle for them. If freon again needed to be added at a minimum they should have eaten the cost because we had the vehicle in a week earlier and their shoddy work caused us much trouble and aggravation. Plus it was probably done by them in the first place. I am now absolved of ever having to use this dealership ever again I think. But here is the kicker. The CSR's Boss explains to met that he would feel a responsibility to pay after I asked him how he would feel. I went to just get it over with and paid. While I'm in their and voicing my opinion, obviously in a higher voice than usual, as I was leaving the angry Nieves said "God Bless You", meaning of course "go to hell". What a terrible experience. Terrible!! I guess Gunn is a proper name considering. This is our last GM product.
  • I'm sorry that you haven't had a good experience. If we can check into this further, please email the last 8 digits of your VIN, name, and contact information to us at socialmedia@gm.com

• miaapmiaap Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    I have had this Acadia now almost 4 years ('08 Model), and it's been one thing after another wrong with it. My beef is also with why so many parts are breaking, and yet nothing comes up in my multipoint inspections. These repairs are expensive and keep catching us off guard. In the last 2 years, the entire steering had to be replaced. Twice! One under warrantly, the other out of pocket. Now, my steering is doing the same thing again! I've been told its a problem with this model, so why aren't these repairs covered when outside of warranty? It seems that I've replaced everything under the sun with this vehicle, CV Joints, Airbag sensors, the transmission, the AC condenser hose,etc. Each time I do these repairs, I'm out an entire paycheck. It just seems so wrong :cry:
  • We're sorry to hear about the different problems you've been encountering on your Acadia. Have these repairs been performed at a GM Dealership? If we can follow up with your dealer, please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (including your name, phone and address, and the last 8 of your VIN).

• For all of you who have emailed the above info to GMC, what has the process been like? What are the next steps and what can I expect? I would really like to know what my options are here.

Does anyone have a good number for GMC to call and voice my concerns? Maybe if enough of us yell loud enough something will be done. :lemon:
  • I feel your pain miaap,
    We bought a used 2008 Acadia a month ago. It has 58000 on it and we took it on a camping trip way up in Vermont. We headed home yesterday and made it 3 hours from home. I thought the transmission was acting crazy on the highway. It was shifting up and down randomly. We pulled off the highway to grab a bite to eat and didn't make it very far. We made to an intersection and the transmission did nothing. We barely made through the intersection to a parking lot. The check engine light came on and I couldn't move. Reverse is gone and I couldn't move forward in any gear. All it did was slip. I had to get a room for the night and call the dealership this morning. They called GM and GM wanted to tow it to a dealership up here in New Hampshire. No frickin way are we going to come all the way back here to pick up our Acadia. Our dealer is now sending a flat bed with a rental on it up to pick up the Acadia and give us the rental to get home. I know the transmission is junk! Last night I started googling Acadia problems and found way more than I wanted to. We wish we would have found out about all of the problems this model has. I have owned GM vehicles most of my life and have never experienced this problem. Now we both had to call into work today and are at the mercy of some tow truck driver. We can hope that the fix takes more than 10 days. At that point aw can request a full refund for the Acadia. Cross your fingers for us and good luck with yours.
  • Today marks the 3rd week that my Acadia is being worked on. I was told that they had to take the transmission out yet again on Friday (3rd time). I called GM customer service on Friday and they asked me to "be patient" .... really? I have been more than patient at this point. On the way into work this morning ... I passed a flat bed tow truck with an Acadia on it ... and all I could think is another one bites the dust!! (There are at least 4 Acadias at the local dealership with the same problem as mine ...) I am telling anyone and everyone that I know - Do Not Buy an Acadia ... and have had them google the information - they are amazed that GM hasn't done more. Maybe this needs to hit Facebook to get the word out!! :(
  • I have called GM in Detroit- Customer service is a joke- no offense but I do not believe they are even located in this country. I called GM same thing. All they care about is making our money they dont care about anything else. I was strainded 200 miles from home 2 weeks with out a car. No one even offered me a loaner. GM does not care
  • "Sarah" I am sorry there is nothing GM cares to do. I have called everyone NO ONE cares. It is a joke. I drove 2 hours to get my car on Saturday only to be told they forgot to leave the keys with the Sales department so guess what I had to take another day off from work and get someone to drive me another 2 hours to get my car this morning. Then drive another 2 hours back home. I am not convinced the problem is fixed. So in a month when my car dies in the middle of the middle of the highway again- hopefully I wont be dead because I will be at it again telling everyone of my horrible trouble with this car.