Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Acadia Transmission Problems

Comments

• pitt6pitt6 Posts: 1
    I just had my 2007 Arcadia SLT2 towed to the dealership today for transmission failure. They said Number 5 Solenoid is stuck and has other issues. It has 74000 miles on it. Love this vehicle. first time we had any problems. Also had engine code 496 I believe, something about a fuel evaporator valve.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,001
    pitt6,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with the transmission. Please keep me posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • tuffsubjecttuffsubject Posts: 16
    edited August 2011
    I got my Acadia back last Thursday (only 4 days in the shop to rebuild the transmission). It required a total rebuild, metal shavings were throughout the fluid and all the parts heavily scored. But, they took care of it 100% -- no questions asked. Couldn't ask for better service (except, maybe that the problem didn't occur at all!)

One funny thing, I received a monthly OnStar report in the midst of the transmission rebuild. It reported "no issues found" with engine/transmission. LOL. Here is what that looked like"

https://s-hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/174970_2295361353136_1522141142_32463412_393222- -_o.jpg">
  • sflaggsflagg Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Acadia. A few days ago I my car ceased to move in the middle of an intersection on an overpass. I had both kids in the car and the dog. I didn't feel safe in the car as people flew past and it certainly wasn't safe to get out of the car. The whole point of me choosing this car was to have room for kids, dogs and stuff and to feel safe! It's the transmission! Again!! This is the
    second time it's gone out on me!

It is extremely frustrating! I am waiting to hear news. The car has been at the dealership since Monday!
  • I had this exact same thing happen to us in our 2008 GMC Acadia last fall. They told us it was a stuck solenoid too and replaced the transmission. NOW, I just took it in with issues and it is the transmission again. Apparently there is a solenoid that is bad again.
  • azorazor Posts: 1
    I bought a 2008 Acadia in april 2008 with 7,000 miles. I really Don't know what to do anymore. One month after i purchased this suv, It has been in the shop every three months with problems. How can we keep making our payments when we are spending more in the shop. the airbag gets fixed every other month. The electrical failed. The engine wouldn't turn off. The roof leaked. The transmission is going out , the engine jerks when i am idol and wants to die. This vehicle literally goes in the shop every other month for problems. I have had it serviced at the same dealership since purchased. Every time it goes in the shop the price is more expensive.
  • chuck2011chuck2011 Posts: 17
    edited August 2011
    What is the mileage on your vehicle now?
    sflagg,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    teubanks1,

Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership. By chance have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance?

Thank you,
    azor,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. By chance have you been in contact with GM Customer Assistance? If so, could you please email me your case number? I would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • I purchased an 08 Acaidia and have some of the same problems. It started with the service airbag light and I've now had it it for that twice. It is also currently acting up again as well. But worse I am now having transmission problems, no reverse and it's stuck in 3rd gear. Manual shifting doesn't work and I can't accelerate over 35mph. Help!!!!!
    tlewis1314,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please send me your VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Hi, Christina,

Thanks for posting back. The vin number is: 1gkev337x8j297001. The mileage is 44,000 and we took it to team chevrolet here in scottsbluff,ne. They have told me that the transmission needs repair and it will be covered under warranty. They have also provided us a rental car. So far great service. Thanks for looking into this Issue. I will keep you updated on my end.

Todd
  • I am so disappointed. After buying well-tuned Japanese cars, I finally decided to support USA manufacturing and General Motors and what do I get for it? An overpriced gas guzzler with an engine with known defects that now requires a TOTAL transmission rebuild after only 58K miles. Can you believe this? Also how many years is GMC going to hide the fact that they sold a faulty drivetrain.

It's really telling when you pull into the dealer service center and they say "let me guess the transmission, right?" or "yeah, 2007 and 2008 have very problematic transmissions....I would be lying if this is the first one that has come through here." Wow, what a confidence builder after shelling out $38K (and more like $45K after interest is computed)

I have never hadthis type of stress or disappointment over a car before with $500 per month payments in this economy and the car's engine can't even run longer than my toro lawnmower ! What's this going to be worht when it comes time to resell.

Also, talk about disingenuous advertising. The EPA mileage numbers are way over stated. Why is the EPA not fining GMC for this; oh yeah I forgot.

This car has had a few recalls, electrical, wipers, seatbelt, etc. Not a big deal in car terms. But the transmission; that's another story. It is the heart of the engine. As the service tech put it the design is faulty and all of the critical parts are wholly compromised once a plate slips. The worst part is that the design flaw cannot be solved to my knowledge so its a lemon.

I think people should think class action here folks. Let me know if you haev a good attorney.
  • what it will take is for GM to make a transmission that will fit to your vehicle that has none of the defects in it. They can keep repairing it over and over but the design flaw makes it fail after only a few miles. Like you said its a huge disappointment to invest heavily in this car and see it break down all the time. Little wonder GM is in the place it is...in fairness they should repair it properly under goodwill.
    rspill,

EPA is responsible for providing the fuel economy data that is used on the fuel economy label (or window sticker) on all new cars and light trucks and not General Motors. For more information regarding EPA please visit: http://www.epa.gov/fueleconomy/basicinformation.htm

By chance have you spoken with GM Customer Assistance? Could you please email us your VIN? We would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • hydro8hydro8 Posts: 2
    I have 07 Acadia bought new. The trans started acting up today 55K. Stuck in 2nd or 3rd. I made it home from 4mile trip to pick up my daughter. The trans has always shifted funny. It's how the CVT (Continuous Variable Transmission) trans are. Don't like it but its what i got. Called the dealer they will check it out next week. I hope all is covered under the 100K/5yr. My brother is a trans mechanic for more than 24yrs and these CVT trans are not liked by most. Majority of trans shop wont even touch them. Best to see the dealer. He highly discourages trans flushing. When you flush the trans you stir sediment up and can cause more bad than good. We have had some other issues like gears striping on electric motor for the rear hatch after a few months. Power steering whines. It was driving me crazy. I changed fluid when that didn't work. I replaced the cap. It helped some. I still think im getting small amount of air in the system which is causing the noise. The rubber seal on the power steering cap is to small doesn't seal properly. This summer the a/c stopped working. Took to dealer and they did a software update it cost me $100 for the diagnostics. ABS/TC light came on although brakes seemed to be working fine. Check the brake fluid all good so i thought. I couldn't figure what that one out with my wife 7month pregnant i needed to get these brakes fixed fast so I took it to the dealer. It turned out they put about 1.5 oz of break fluid. only charged me 1/2 of the diagnostics. That was some expensive brake fluid LOL! So the fluid level sensor is very sensitive. Hard lesson learned that time. Overall we love the Acadia not happy with the trans. Sounds like there truly is a design flaw with the CVT trans. I see lots of others with trans issue with low mileage.

v/r
    hydro
  • bdymentbdyment Posts: 549
    Something is wrong with your posting. The Acadia does not have a CVT transmission. It is a regular six speed automatic. It has never had a CVT. This is the same vehicle as the Buick Enclave and Saturn Outlook. They have all had similiar problems. Water leaks, transmission problems, etc.
  • hydro8hydro8 Posts: 2
    Yep you are right no CVT trans. It has the 6T75 six speed auto. This trans does shift smoothly to the point you don't really fill the gears change and i thought it was the CVT. Thanks for the input.

v/r
    hydro
  • After my 2007 Trans blew at 54K in august and took them over a month to fix coupled with horrible service from the dealer I traded in the Acadia once fixed for a non GM car.