Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G25 Lease Questions

Comments

• This is my first lease, so I don't know the selling price. I put the msrp on the last post. Should I call and ask what my "selling price" is? Thank you so much for your help. It is much appreciated.
  • Absolutely stixosu. As a consumer you are entitled to know how much you are being charged for the vehicle that you want. I would never lease without knowing the selling price.

Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car Man - My wife and I are currently looking at Infinity. We are trying to determine whether we want to lease a 2011 G25X or target a certified pre-owned (G37, etc). We have flexibility in terms of when we purchase. Her current car has been paid off, but she's obvioulsy itching to get her "new car". The only trick is that she works a great deal out of her car. She puts 18-20K miles on a car per year.

Given the high mileage, we always assumed that leasing would not make sense for us. You wouldn't believe the range in reactions we got at different Infinity dealerships with regards to lease vs. buy. Some saying leasing is a "no brainer" and others saying "it's not even worth considering". Lastly, my wife is a independent contractor, so we also have the ability to take advantage of deductions for depreciation and vehicle maintenance.

Long story short, what do you recommend?
  • Hi CarMan,

Is it possible to get lease numbers: MF, Residuals and available incentives for 2011, 2012 Infiniti G25 Journey in Northern California.

Thanks
  • I would also be interested in the numbers for a G25x.

How does Infiniti handle a lease with 18,000 miles per year (residual reduction)?

Thanks!
  • Good question leaseorbuy2011. I'm not an accountant, but I have heard that leasing is indeed an advantage tax-wise for independent contractors like your wife. Probably her cheapest option would be to buy a vehicle and drive it into the ground, or at least for a long time.

If your wife isn't interested in doing that and you figure that you will sell her next car in three or so years then leasing may indeed be an option. I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS leases with. If your wife needs to drive more than that, she will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gvitalik1. Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 G25 Journey with 15,000 miles per year are .00065 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 G25 Journey are .00106 and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello bostonben. Infiniti Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2011 G25 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00092 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I believe that 15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that IFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than that, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease-signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
  • Just inked a lease in Southern California for a 2011 G25 Journey w/ sunroof

MSRP $34,418

got it for $30,260
    10K/yr for 39 months

MF= .000010
    Residual = 54% ($18,586)

$2000 down (includes 1st month payment)

Monthly payments came out to $321 a month

Did I get a decent deal?
  • hbqhbq Posts: 13
    Hi, can you tell me current lease terms for a 36month/12k/yr lease for a G25 Journey (w/sroof?)?
    Thanks,
  • Hi hbq. Infiniti Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G25 Journey with sunroof and 12,000 miles per year are .00071 and 60%, respectively for consumers whop qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • delthekingdeltheking Posts: 1,152
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    Infiniti has a lease special of $299/month lease for 39 months ,10k miles per year , down payment is $2999. Total first month payment is $2999+$299=$3298 . All this info from Infiniti's website. :shades:
    Here's the link :

http://www.infinitiusa.com/current-offers/

This is for well qualified buyers. So, what is the catch here? What are the chances of getting this deal - $299/month ? I have never leased before and have read info on these forums about money factor,residuals ,cap etc. Still, not totally familiar with it . :confuse:

My credit is good - last time I checked it was 760+ . So dont know if it is excellent or very good for Infiniti's lease needs . But is this lease deal feasible at all ? The lease deal ends on 01/03/2012. So , if this deal is doable, I will be pulling the trigger !! Thanks ! ;)
  • Greetings deltheking. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

In regards to the advertised lease that you mentioned, assuming that your credit is in good shape and you are getting a similarly equipped vehicle I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to beat it. Manufacturers' official advertised lease payments often leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. It makes sense if one thinks about it, if manufacturers advertised the thinnest possible deal on a vehicle their dealers would probably be pretty annoyed.

Car_man
    Host
  • We are annoyed....
  • mjf5012mjf5012 Posts: 10
    edited December 2011
    Hello Car Man,

What are the December residual and money factor rates for a 2011 G25x Sedan?
  • Hi
    i am planning to lease a g25x AWD with premium package and I was given a quote of 369+tax, 0 down in NY (title and reg excluded). After reading the forums I feel this is not a good deal. Can you please post the MF, residual & MSARAP/invoice for this car? Thanks so much.
  • basamxbasamx Posts: 17
    What did you end up doing? What is the MF and Residual on the car? Sticker and Purchase Price?
  • When I looked in the NYC area for a g25x, I was given a quote of $280/mo+tax, 39 months, 12k miles. I thought it was a great deal. Just a bit too early for me to lease a car :(
  • HA :)

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi suberman1. Infiniti Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G25X with 15,000 miles per year are .00052 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

You can find detailed pricing information for this car over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for the info. I haven't yet decided between the g25x or g37 x but the dealer in greenwich CT gave a good price(33707) for the loaded model and was open about the MF and residual.
  • You're very welcome suberman1.

Car_man
    Host
  • davewedavewe Posts: 1
    Is this a good deal? Infinity is running its 389/month/10k lease for G25. My local dealer had no G25s, only G25x (in the NW AWD is king) so he said he would give me the same lease price (no down payment) for the G25x. I thought that sounded good. The next day I returned to try the car again with my son. The salesman made it pretty clear that there was probably "more meat on the bone" if I wanted to negotiate a better price. How much lower seems doable? Frankly compared to comparable cars, I thought the 389 sounded pretty nice.
  • Hi davewe. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Do you happen to know what this car's selling price and MSRP are?

If I was in the market for this car right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. you can find the invoice price of the exact car that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Just a heads-up, a week or so ago Infiniti introduced a special "conquest" incentive on the G25 that provides a $1,000 cash incentive to current owners and lessees of any non-Infiniti vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • amoszamosz Posts: 29
    Hi,

I was wondering if there are any incentives on the g25. My car situation has changed, so I may be looking at this car again towards the end of May.
  • gpb59gpb59 Posts: 69
    I live in Vegas with one infiniti dealer. I'm looking for an advertised deal on a g25, 299/month with $0 down, for 36, 39 months. Only way to get it in Vegas would be to show I can get that deal fairly bearby
  • gpb59gpb59 Posts: 69
    car man can you give me the money factor and residual for a G25 Journey for 39 mos ann 10k miles/yr in Las Vegas and LA area? Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi amosz. Infiniti is currently providing lease support and $500 dealer cash on the 2012 G25 Sedan. There's another $500 to current owners of select competitive luxury models.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Sure gpb59. Infiniti Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 G25 Journey with 10,000 miles per year are .00035 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • idriver1idriver1 Posts: 2
    Carman -- I am in Maryland and thinking of leasing. Can you give me the money factor and residual value for a 2012 G25x? Are there any current incentives for buying or leasing? I currently don't own an Infiniti, Thanks,