Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G25 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi idriver1. Infiniti Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G25x with 15,000 miles per year are .00008 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

There is a $1,250 cash incentive on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • amoszamosz Posts: 29
    how much more is the residual for 12k miles?
    Hi amosz. I believe that Infiniti Financial Services' 12,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residuals.

Car_man
    Host
    edited May 2012
    Hi,

Thank you.

I see they also have a lease incentive of $1250?

what kind of selling price would I shoot for on this car?

So with the information listed above, I'm very torn about what to do.

My options are to lease a g25x, with intent to purchase at the end of the lease when I get a more permanent job and much better income (finishing med education career). My wife and I really do prefer the infiniti over the VW option. Added that the 1st year costs would be less since I won't be putting a down payment. Negatives are the insurance cost is higher and the fuel use is higher as well.

My other option is to purchase a 2012 jetta (tdi or gli, most likely). Which is also a good drive, but the lack of quality of the interior build construction really worries about. I've read a lot about a lot of rattles, pieces not fitting properly and the headliner breaking in the car. All this makes me wonder if I really want to deal those problems. Positives are that its a fun car to drive, its more economical and we would outright own the car. I do have doubts about the longevity of the car as well. It gets rated very poorly by JD power and Consumer reports

Any advice?
    So I guess some follow up.

I'm sure this could change somewhat if I go in to haggle, sign a lease.

But Given a price of $322/month. RV of 57%, MF = 0.000014, Cap cost = 33,800 (supposedly including the $1250 incentive). 39/12k.

I'm looking at things at both short term and long term.
    By my calculations, my cost for the infiniti would be $9k next year, versus putting $11k towards the GLI. Difference of about $2k.

Long term the jetta is much cheaper to own. But after year 1, I do expect my income to improve. Not sure I'll be happy long term with the jetta.

The Jetta feels like the sounder/safer choice.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904
    Have you considered leasing the Jetta?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

To be honest, I really didn't think about leasing the VW.

The numbers I could find for the GLI in April for 36/15k, I think would put me in the ~340-350 price range/month (with NY taxes). [Big assumption I did my math right. Using Invoice as cap cost, 0.00048, 52%).

I think it would be cheaper, but not sure by how much though over the infiniti.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,904
    My feelings on buy vs. lease:

Leasing is alternative method of financing. If you are shopping for a certain car that you can afford to buy, but the lease deal is too good to pass up, then it makes sense to lease. Or, if the long-term reliability is an issue, then leasing also makes sense.

But, if you can't afford to buy a vehicle, then leasing with the intention to buy later when your income increases is a risky proposition. I could cite hundreds of posts, where life circumstances have changed, mileage driven increases, etc, etc.. Now, that doesn't preclude leasing... but, if you lease a car that you can afford to purchase, then over-mileage charges, etc.. can be handled within your budget. If you max out your car buying power on a lease payment, you have nowhere to go, if circumstances change and move against you.

To sum up (lol), don't lease a car that you wouldn't feel financially comfortable purchasing today. Better to buy or lease a cheaper car within your budget, then make those decisions, once that income increase has already happened.

So.. I'd vote for the Jetta.... and, if long-term reliability issues are a concern, then lease it.

(and, my wife has a G-sedan... not that big of an upgrade to make it worth the price, IMO)

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

You're very welcome amosz. If I was in the market for a 2012 G25 right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over dealer invoice or so minus the available cash incentives. The cash on leases is $500 in some areas and $1,250 in others.

I personally think that the Jetta is a pretty nice car. Plus I always tend to err on the side of being conservative with my finances. If I was in your shoes, I personally would probably finance or lease a Jetta and wait ti get something more expensive until I had more permanent employment. Having said that, there's nothing wrong with getting a G25 if you can swing it.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for all the advice.

We ended up purchasing a jetta GLI today. Very happy with the car so far. First car purchase. Got what I thought was an amazing deal around $600 below invoice with dest included.

As much as we loved the g25x, leasing a car when we have at least 1 move, more likely 2 in the next 2 years didn't make much sense. Plus we really couldn't look at the g25x as a car we could purchase otherwise.
    You're very welcome amosz. $600 under invoice is a good price for a Jetta GLI. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
  • My local infinti dealership is offering the following lease special on a 2012 G25x w/ Moon.
    MSRP: 37,954
    Selling Price: 33,977 (Does not include sales tax, reg. fees, or dealer fees)

$289/month - 39 mos - 10,000 miles/yr, and $1,000 cash or trade down option. Fees, 1st payment, sales tax due at signing.

Does this seem like a good deal?

Thanks!
  • spohiospohio Posts: 13
    edited June 2012
    Car_man,
    please tell me the current money factor and residual for a 2012 G25x with moonroof. 36 or 39 months, 12k miles
    Hello spohio. Infiniti Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 G25x with 12,000 miles per year are .00008 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00014 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
  • chrchr Posts: 3
    Hi there Car_man,

What does the July MF and residual look like for a G25x with moonroof on an 18 month lease (12k per year)? Also, are there any other cash back incentives this month? Thanks so much!
    Hey chr. Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for an 18-month lease of a 2012 G25x with 12,000 miles per year are .00027 and 77%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car_man, what is MF and residual on the G25 Journey under the current national ad?
    Hey i_luv_cars. Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for an 18-month lease of a 2012 G25 Journey with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 73%, respectively.

Infiniti is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • orly79orly79 Posts: 3
    Hello Car-Man, i know you are probably busy but if you have time to answer my question that would be awesome. Thank you..

Do you know the money factor/residual value on a g25 journey sedan no moonroof with 12k miles for 24 months?

Please let me know going to dealership tomorrow to check out...
    As a parent of two little ones, I'm always busy ;), but I'd be happy to help you out.

Infiniti Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 G25 Journey with 12,000 miles per year are .00001 and 69%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host