Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time to provide some Info on Wipers, front and rear +

gizzer777gizzer777 Posts: 336
edited August 2010 in Subaru
Most of the following info is posted scattered in many posts throughout the forum so, I tried to put it all together. The single rear hatchback Wiper goes on (and comes off) is what I would describe as a little on the odd fashion. It did NOT use any adapters but is an ALMOST typical small J style wiper connector. It sort of pushes on using a slight twisting motion....I guess you really have to be there (LOL) Just unusual is the best description I can come up with+ there is actually a couple of drawings and some written directions.

I will say that I can't see any way that a normal J hook setup would work with this puppy! I guess that's why it has a separate model number and special packageing to avoid confusion! REMEMBER ANCO model 14-B

==========================================
Especially the WIPER SIZES: which are for my (2008 model year Automatic Outback)

Front Driver's side= 24 inch, Valeo brand
Front passenger side= 18 inch, Valeo brand
REAR WINDOW = ANCO BRAND # AR-14B
I chose The Anco modelc AR-14B rear wiper, which seems to be one of the only 3rd party ones that fits perfectly and, will not cost you your 1st born child (the dealer prices). So far they wear quite well (especially with all the UV we get here at 5000ft above sea level! and have no chatter

for comparison and a surprise final comment/review.
The following Information is for my 2008 Subaru 4 Cyl. automatic Transmission That I actually enjoy Driving!!! It is an upscale model (possibly premium edition? ) and has the all weather pkg, pwr cloth seats, Single CD AND a useless for me, Sport shifting automatic transmission + various other niceties that make driving fun again! Never owned an auto that was either over loaded with useless or not enough options...This Outback is almost perfect for me equipment and feature wise

Not too much, not too little

It Outback was purchased used, last year, with about 21,000 Miles on the speedometer, and about perfect in all other aspects (never has a used car either, and need AWD just to get up my6 driveway in the winter. LOL

REAR WIPER PRICES!
Local Subaru dealer- $15.95
Anco brand - $10.00

Note 8/30/10
Tirerack.com currently has the 18" and 24" for the 2008 Outback at a buy one, get the 2nd one free "deal" (Totaled $19.95 for both) I personally consider the Valeo brand. a fairly

Subaru dealer- $15.95
Anco brand - $10.00 - Anco wiper (Boy, haven't heard Anco in many years!)

I live in the High Desert of the Sierra Nevada mtns, where temps can range from 50deg F or less (nights) to 105 deg F in the daytime....Murder on your Wipers and tires ( and the rest of the car as well)
REAR WINDOW = ANCO BRAND number AR-14B

The wiper sizes which are (2008 model year, but NOWHERE listed in the manual)

The following Information is for my 2008 Subaru 4 Cyl. automatic Transmission That I actually enjoy Driving!!! It is an upscale model (possibly premium) and has the all weather pkg, pwr seats, AND a useless for me, Sport shifting automatic transmission + various other niceties that make driving fun again!

Not too much, not too little

It was purchased used, last year, with about 21,000 Miles on the speedometer, and about perfect in all other aspects.

Now came the big surprise!!! The TIRES

Having made my deal already, I took a "shot" after I noticed that the tires had less than 50% tread left (evenly worn).

What the heck, I asked them to Throw in a NEW set of 4 tires...They readily agreed to get it closed (was about 9pm by then) They put on a set of new Fuzion (never heard of them) and I drove my "new" ride home.

I woke up ahat morning and looked up Fuzion ntires which are apparently distributed by Bridgestone/Firestone. Very little info was/is available on this H rate tire.

They have a pretty agressive treadpattern (running) 36/37, measured cold. They retail for about $100 each _ mounting and balancing.....WOW am I happily surprised! very quiet and comfortable ride all summer. Now we shall see how they do in the winter arounf here!

My local tire dealer "unhappily" said that for a "cheap" tire, he was very impressed. The more people I asked, the same result answered..."for the $$, they can't be beat. We shall see if the same holds true this winter with the Subaru's reputation for AWD systems

HOPE THE REAR WIPER INFO HELPS THOSE FOLKS IN NEED!!!