Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Lincoln MKX

ace44ace44 Posts: 7
Has anyone driven or seen the 2011 MKX yet? I was just wondering if Lincoln was going to have the new MKX available before their summer sales incentive ends Sept. 7th?

Comments

• akirbyakirby Posts: 7,622
    They're arriving at dealers now, but I doubt the 2011 model will be eligible for the summer sales incenctives.
  • clcrclcr Posts: 14
    Sat in one today in San Antonio - They arrived yesterday and we were told that two had already been sold off the lot....not previous orders.
  • Cool. Can you share any impressions you had about it? I'm in GA. Who knows when I will see one here. Probably later this month.
    Hi Ace44 - I will be happy to share - They had colors black, red and brown (earth)
    that we were able to see. The others were probably in service. Elegant styling,
    very comfortable seating to us. Easy access to controls. Nose looks like a
    buzzard's beak - have to get used to that. We loved the olive ash wood trim. The top of dash looks to be ALL LEATHER. Good cargo space. Out of 10, my husband and I would give it a 9. All in all, we think it is a winner! P.S.- my husband said he thinks the nose is sharp!
  • I test drove an MKX yesterday, the front wheel drive version. I loved the appearance - so different from the Ford Edge "generic box". I was completely wowed by all the new technology!!! The model I drove had the Elite pkg that includes BLIS - the side radar feature. The side mirrors indicate whether someone is in your blind spot with a small orange light. I connected my new iphone using bluetooth and was amazed by what you can do with SYNC - you can generate a WiFi signal that you can use to connect your laptop. LOVED the cruise control - set it and you can set and maintain your following distance from the car ahead of you.
    The perforated leather interior was really chic in light stone. Noticed they threw out a small $1k incentive today on the website.
  • I test drove an MKX yesterday, the front wheel drive version. I loved the appearance - so different from the Ford Edge "generic box". I was completely wowed by all the new technology!!! The model I drove had the Elite pkg that includes BLIS - the side radar feature. The side mirrors indicate whether someone is in your blind spot with a small orange light. I connected my new iphone using bluetooth and was amazed by what you can do with SYNC - you can generate a WiFi signal that you can use to connect your laptop. LOVED the cruise control - set it and you can set and maintain your following distance from the car ahead of you.
    The perforated leather interior was really chic in light stone. Noticed they threw out a small $1k incentive today on the website.
  • Sounds great. It seems that my local dealer may have one on the lot. I may try to go take a look at it this week. Thanks for your impressions. I'm definitely looking for something with comfortable seats and user friendly technology (Sync).
    WOW is right - you are so lucky to have driven one. We ordered one a couple
    months ago and it should be produced the week of Sept. 20th. Probably get
    it sometime around the first of October. I kinda wish we would have gotten the
    Elite Pkg. because of the blind spot. We are getting the Premium. Did the one you test drove have olive ash wood trim? What was the exterior color?
    I kinda wish we would have gotten the
    Elite Pkg. because of the blind spot.

There is no such thing as a blind spot if you adjust your mirrors correctly and glance over your shoulder.
  • No, haven't seen the wood trim. They are asking about $450 for that, and I loved the interior without it. I drove a silver one. I gulped at the price for the Elite pkg, but it adds some very nice features. Still less than the Acura MDX with similar blind spot radar feature - listed at $52k.
  • There is no such thing as a blind spot if you adjust your mirrors correctly and glance over your shoulder.

Yes, but as you glance over your shoulder you are taking your eyes off the road in front of you. It is scary to be changing lanes, only to be startled by a small car on my right side.
    Only for half a second. Even with the BLIS system you should still glance over your shoulder. There is no guarantee that it will work every time.
    I always look in the mirror to see if anyone is coming - just thought the Bliss feature would have been nice, but not really necessary since I always use the mirror and
    look further back to see if anyone is coming. Most of my "blind" spots are inside the vehicle when I want to back up. I can hardly see out the back. It will be nice to
    have the back-up camera and the sensing. Should have my MKX in October sometime.
    I did a test on the way home. I let a car pass me on the left and watched the mirrors. When it left the rear view mirror it was well within the side mirror. When it left the side mirror I could see the front of the car out of the driver's window - without having to look back at all. But most people don't adjust their mirrors correctly.

I'm not saying BLIS is bad or you shouldn't get it. Having a backup is never a bad thing. But don't try to say you need it or imply that it's unsafe without it.
  • Blis is something I would really like to have. I have driven an 01 Pathfinder for the last 10 years. I'm definitely ready for an upgrade and a cushier ... less trucky ride. I have my side mirrors adjusted so that I get more road/traffic view than the side of my car. It works great but there have been times when with the higher ride height of the suv, smaller cars coming up on the right side of my vehicle aren't seen until they get far up enough to be seen in the mirror.

I spoke with my local Lincoln dealer today and they have a new 2011 MKX they are using for demo purposes only. So I should be able to shedule a test drive sometime this week. Crazy schedule so we'll see ... soon maybe.

I'm also looking at the new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. There isn't an overland near me yet, only limiteds and laredos. I sat in a limited and they are pretty nice I must say. You definitely get more bang for your buck on the jeep. My concerns are that (a) its a jeep and (b) is that it will still feel like I'm driving a truck. Also features like Blis aren't availble until something like December. So if I order a jeep it will be probably like February before I could get it with all the features I would like it to have.

Its great that there are so many more choices these days. When I bought my Pathfinder the field of suvs were much narrower and crossovers were just beginning to emerge.
    Don't forget the new MyTouch interface - that blows away everybody including the imports. And I would expect the MKX to ride much better.
  • The new My Touch technology is what first drew me to even consider a Lincoln. (My husband and I are gadget geeks.) I was looking at a Lexus RX350 but I absolutely hate the their console technology. Lexus and honestly all other brands are way behind Ford in that department.
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,017
    Thanks Steve. I'll have to let Gary (lateralg) know he's famous!
  • My husband and I finally got our hands on an MKX this weekend. We had a blast driving this car!

Things I liked:
    Its very luxurious and quiet. Everything you touch inside the car exudes quality and luxury. I really liked the seats. Out of all the suv’s I have test driven (Audi, Lexus, Infiniti, Murano, 2011 Grand Cherokee … the Lincoln is the most comfortable. I love the steering wheel controls and the functions they control. Loved the voice command system. But THE best part is 305 horsies that make pulling out into the road very quick. Great engine power. Loved everything about it with only a few exceptions.

The things I did not necessarily like:
    The blinker is kind of weird, the center storage armrest is a bit high. Steering doesn’t respond as quickly as I would like. My Lincoln Touch would take some getting used to. It is an incredible system and I really like it, but it was a bit harder to use than I expected. The slider bars while extremely cool, make it difficult to get a precise level on the audio volume and fan speed. There would be a bit of a learning curve I am sure for all the advanced technology on this vehicle. Also, the bulbous nose and grill on the front definitely make a statement.

I have pretty much narrowed my top choices down to the MKX and I’m going to take another test drive of the Lexus RX 350 just to make sure which one I like the best. There are pros and cons to each one. I don’t really care for my local area Lincoln service centers and Lexus has a primo service center where you really get the full luxury treatment.

In my family we buy new and drive it for a long time. I’m coming up on 10 years on my ’01 Pathfinder. Its been a great vehicle to own, never had a days trouble and I want that same quality experience for the next 10 years.

Has anyone out there done a similar comparison or can you share past ownership experience with either the Lexus or the MKX?