Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• Trailblazers (and I assume Envoys) will be at all of the auto shows, according to info I received from Chevy, more info at Trailblazer website.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    I would think 0-60 would be about 8 seconds. It should be a little slow off the line because it is DOHC, but i imagine that its highway performance should be unbelievable. A 4.10 rearend will be avaailable to help with the low end torque. My intrigue has a power to weight ratio of 15.91, it does 0-60 in 7.8 seconds. The trailblazer and its brethren have a power to weight ratio of 16.7, so i would expect 8-8.5 seconds.
  • jhuejhue Posts: 5
    Well, I must be an idiot because I searched all over the GM area and all I saw was the Envoy on the turntable. There was a 2001 Blazer on the floor, but that was it.

I'll definitely be looking at an Envoy later this year when I replace my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've looked at everything else, foreign and domestic, and it'll either be another Grand Cherokee, or the Envoy. I'm a little wary of the new engine design though. If I decide on the Envoy I may wait until next year to make sure they get all the bugs worked out.
  • www.suv.com has retail prices on all models (but not on options). Assume invoice would be appeoximately same % as other models in GMC lineup. get to web site and click on "news". Good recap of standard features. Report says at dealers in early March. I would think TB might come in $1500 or so cheaper.
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    Odd that there was no Bravada as this will be the first one of the new models out.
  • GM had all three models (Trailblazer, Envoy, and Bravada) at THE show. First impressions:

- Exterior and interior Envoy styling was more unique than the TB or the Bravada. I preferred the Envoy's front clip (monochrome silver at the show). The Envoy's HVAC outlets were set off by aluminum/chrome bezels. The Envoy's tach and speedo were framed in chrome, not as attractive as in the TB and the Bravada, which have more traditional whilte markings/black bckgrd with no framing. Can't GM source attractive instrumentation like in the 300M?
    - The rear seat and its (in)ability ti fold flat; OK, you pull the back of the lower cushion up and forward (pivots at the front) and the upper seat and headrest fold down. Trouble is, with the front seats all the way back, the lower back seat can't get enough clearance forward to allow the back portion to lay flat. Hmmm... oh yeah, on the Bravada, the battery is located under the left rear passenger seat cushion, with the jack under the right rear passenger seat. Looks like wasted space for the jack, although I can buy the idea of putting the battery (weight) near the center of the vehicle for better weight distribution. In the TB, the fuse box is under the left rear passenger seat.
    - Steering wheel design looks cheap. The airbag has become smaller, and it looks like it came from the Isuzu Rodeo parts bin.
    - 17" wheels are very nice.
    - Supposely the rearend on the Bravada is 4.10... Why? With the torque of a I-6, why not go to a 3.42 or a 3.73, for better fuel mileage? My '97 with the 4.3 and 3.73s can pull a boat just fine... but 21 mpg (best) could be much better!
  • jimxojimxo Posts: 423
    I am wondering if a 6 footer can fit in the rear without assuming the crash position? 2002 Envoy is bigger, but will that increase with interior space that much?
  • My info shows headroom in front 40.3, rear 39.8 both more than EXP, hiproom more, legroom in front a little less at 43.l and a little more in back at 38.3. Overall Trailblazer and Explorer very similar size except no 3rd row seats (yet) in GM models
    2002 Bravada has a base price of $34.167 (4wd) and $31.635 (2wd). See Motortrend.com main page for details.
    I jumped on the boards to quickly with my Bravada pricing, did I spell pricing with an "e" before? GM's new pricing on Trailblazer/Envoy/Bravada is all over the web today. Envoy SLE base $28,280 or SLT $33,820. CarandDriver.com. Bravada customers will get a better warranty 5/60 bumper to bumper. Looks like I can order my Envoy now. But what color?
  • Saw prices on C&D tonite, believe base is $28820 instead of $28280. 4wd models listed at 31,045 and 33,820, freight on all $600. Have not been able to find any prices on Chevy Trailblazer yet. If anyone sees them please post or note source. Thanks
    I really hope to see some "value" priced Trailblazers. While I would love a Bravada, fact is I probably can't afford it right now. Current Blazers aren't very expensive, but they aren't great trucks and they are too small. From what I hear, the current Blazer design will be available for a few years to come.
  • I can't find any info on caranddriver.com. I am trying to locate accurate pricing info and you seem to be having much better luck than I am. I found an estimate on the Bravada but nothing on the envoy or trailblazer. Thanks for your help, I am sure it is operator error.
  • morin2morin2 Posts: 399
    The GM website: www.gm.com lists "press releases" under "news & events". The Bravada pricing announcement was 1/23 and the Envoy was 1/24, no press release
    for Trailblazer yet. No pricing yet for options/packages/etc.
  • Chevvy sent me a nic brochure about 6 weeks ago with some pretty pics of young people smiling like they had just passed a big load of gas. Some sparse info on truck but no details per post # 48. C&D pricing: SLE 28,820 or 31, 045 on 4ws; SLT $31595 or $33820 4wd.
    Really bad news on sales and profits, especially for GM and Dam/Chrysler. Saw a comment that it is cheaper for GM to shut down production than to cut prices. However, I would think that GM and Ford will both bleed some to establish their new SUV/trucks.
    Chevrolet www.Trailblazer.com has updated their goofy teaser presentation. It lists some new stuff, especially available 10 colors outside and several cloth and leather interiors. Also has pics of truck in each color. GMC Envoy site has most of the important specs.
  • scnamescname Posts: 296
    Can't find how much the Envoy weight. Not in the brochure I picked up at auto show. Not on their web site.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    I think they all weigh about 4550 lbs. Which is more than this year's versions but they are much stiffer structurally.
    Autoworldweekly.com reports that GM has partnered with Visteon.com to provide satalite radio and rear seating DVD and monitor systems on 2002 SUV's. If you visit Visteon.com click on technology you will find details there. Most likely to be an after market installation. No word on cost yet, however some other GM mini vans have similar equipment and will be priced accordingly is my guess.
    I stopped at my local GMC dealer for scheduled service and picked up the official 2002 Envoy broucher. Your dealer should have all new information by now.
    Darn it.. I was at the my dealership for an oil change today and never thought to look. Oh well, the auto show is only 2 weeks away. I can probably get something there.
  • jk23jk23 Posts: 1
    When are the GMC Envoy's going to be in the dealerships for test drives?
  • scnamescname Posts: 296
    Heard at the auto show, production started end of January, will be in dealerships within one month.
  • Now that GM has released all three vehicle's pricing, albeit without option costs, etc. when will Edmunds have their comprehensive pricing details available?
    Your dealers should see a few units in early march. Bravada should be available in one or two weeks. Equipment packages will be issued in a matter of days. Ford has announced that the 2002 Explorer will be delayed until may, Which is disappointing many dealers as well as new customers. This should give GM the lift they need and get there product into the market first.
  • bilsorter, where did you see these prices? Have seen info on Envoy but not Trailblazer. Please post or give info. Thanks
  • trailblazer pricing can be found at www.autoworld.com
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,413
    The True Market Value (and the specs) can be found here at Edmumds:

2001 Chevrolet Blazer Trailblazer 2WD 4-Door

Fot the 4x4 or other models (Envoy, etc.), start here:

New Vehicle Prices & Information

Steve
    Host
    SUV and Vans Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Steve
    The info we're looking for relates to the 2002 models. When will Edmunds have these data?

The Bravada detailed info on base prices and option pricing can be found at www.autosite.com. No info for the Envoy or Trailblazer yet.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,413
    Sorry I missed that (wee hours of the morning thing). I don't know when the '02 data will arrive (Drew?). I'll nose around and see what I can find.

Steve
    Host
    SUV and Vans Message Boards

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    As I recall, it will be quite soon. I believe it may be an early 2002 model?

Drew
    Host
    Vans and SUVs message boards