Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• jimxojimxo Posts: 423
    Anyone know if GM is offering the new XM system in the 2002 model Envoy/Bravada?
  • swsmsswsms Posts: 62
    There is capacity info on the 2002 Bravada site: http://www.2002bravada.com/home.asp. It should be reasonably the same across all three vehicles.

As an extra note, the '02 Explorer and '02 Bravada have basically the same dimensions. This is great opportunity for GM to gain market share in the mid size SUV market. Hopefully their quality will complement what we've seen so far.

Can you tell I'm anxious?!?
  • Lots of spec info at www.velocityjrnl.com under 2002 chevrolet trailblazer but not specific(that I can tell) on cargo capacity but I would guess yes to 4 X8.
    I was looking to purchase a 2002 GMC or Oldsmobile, However with oldsmobile going out of business the resale on the car will be poor. Service and warranty can be done at any GM dealer should it matter that much?
  • dindakdindak Posts: 6,632
    Oldsmobile service should be no problem. Re-sale may suffer a little, but I don't think it will be a huge issue given the mechanical similarity with the GMC/ Chevy models. Truck resale is generally very good and the new Bravada should run for at least 4-5 years anyway.
  • Has anyone seen any specs on
    how fast the the new 2002 Envoy
    gets to 60 mph?
  • Haven't seen any numbers yet on this. Edmunds has "first drive" report but nothing on performance. Velocity Automotive Journal has most specs on size, volume. etc. Chevy web site on Trailblazer is a "cutesy" pain in the A. GM web site much more forthright. Chevy has a brochure they will mail you but not much info. I think this truck is going to kick Ford really hard and if the quality is good every one else too.
    I have called GMC and Oldsmobile looking to drive a demo, however no samples available. Holding out from buying an SUV until I have a chance to drive this bad boy. Has anyone had any luck?
    Any crash test data? The current models have not faired very well. I am considering the explorer but due to explorer roll over during tire failure I am hesitant. Any tire can puncture its what happens after that.
    Crash data will not arrive until after the models are released. As for testing one, you will probably have to wait a month or two. Oldsmobile Bravada will be the first one on the market.
  • Trailblazers (and I assume Envoys) will be at all of the auto shows, according to info I received from Chevy, more info at Trailblazer website.
  • b4zb4z Posts: 3,372
    I would think 0-60 would be about 8 seconds. It should be a little slow off the line because it is DOHC, but i imagine that its highway performance should be unbelievable. A 4.10 rearend will be avaailable to help with the low end torque. My intrigue has a power to weight ratio of 15.91, it does 0-60 in 7.8 seconds. The trailblazer and its brethren have a power to weight ratio of 16.7, so i would expect 8-8.5 seconds.
  • jhuejhue Posts: 5
    Well, I must be an idiot because I searched all over the GM area and all I saw was the Envoy on the turntable. There was a 2001 Blazer on the floor, but that was it.

I'll definitely be looking at an Envoy later this year when I replace my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've looked at everything else, foreign and domestic, and it'll either be another Grand Cherokee, or the Envoy. I'm a little wary of the new engine design though. If I decide on the Envoy I may wait until next year to make sure they get all the bugs worked out.
  • www.suv.com has retail prices on all models (but not on options). Assume invoice would be appeoximately same % as other models in GMC lineup. get to web site and click on "news". Good recap of standard features. Report says at dealers in early March. I would think TB might come in $1500 or so cheaper.
    Odd that there was no Bravada as this will be the first one of the new models out.
  • GM had all three models (Trailblazer, Envoy, and Bravada) at THE show. First impressions:

- Exterior and interior Envoy styling was more unique than the TB or the Bravada. I preferred the Envoy's front clip (monochrome silver at the show). The Envoy's HVAC outlets were set off by aluminum/chrome bezels. The Envoy's tach and speedo were framed in chrome, not as attractive as in the TB and the Bravada, which have more traditional whilte markings/black bckgrd with no framing. Can't GM source attractive instrumentation like in the 300M?
    - The rear seat and its (in)ability ti fold flat; OK, you pull the back of the lower cushion up and forward (pivots at the front) and the upper seat and headrest fold down. Trouble is, with the front seats all the way back, the lower back seat can't get enough clearance forward to allow the back portion to lay flat. Hmmm... oh yeah, on the Bravada, the battery is located under the left rear passenger seat cushion, with the jack under the right rear passenger seat. Looks like wasted space for the jack, although I can buy the idea of putting the battery (weight) near the center of the vehicle for better weight distribution. In the TB, the fuse box is under the left rear passenger seat.
    - Steering wheel design looks cheap. The airbag has become smaller, and it looks like it came from the Isuzu Rodeo parts bin.
    - 17" wheels are very nice.
    - Supposely the rearend on the Bravada is 4.10... Why? With the torque of a I-6, why not go to a 3.42 or a 3.73, for better fuel mileage? My '97 with the 4.3 and 3.73s can pull a boat just fine... but 21 mpg (best) could be much better!
    I am wondering if a 6 footer can fit in the rear without assuming the crash position? 2002 Envoy is bigger, but will that increase with interior space that much?
  • My info shows headroom in front 40.3, rear 39.8 both more than EXP, hiproom more, legroom in front a little less at 43.l and a little more in back at 38.3. Overall Trailblazer and Explorer very similar size except no 3rd row seats (yet) in GM models
    2002 Bravada has a base price of $34.167 (4wd) and $31.635 (2wd). See Motortrend.com main page for details.
    I jumped on the boards to quickly with my Bravada pricing, did I spell pricing with an "e" before? GM's new pricing on Trailblazer/Envoy/Bravada is all over the web today. Envoy SLE base $28,280 or SLT $33,820. CarandDriver.com. Bravada customers will get a better warranty 5/60 bumper to bumper. Looks like I can order my Envoy now. But what color?