Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• scottc454scottc454 Posts: 356
    I can't believe what I'm hearing about this Bose system. Paper cones? No tweeters? I'm going to have to prove this to myself.

I think it sounds pretty good and has plenty of power, but it's not as crisp as it could be. I had a set of Infinity's in my last car and loved them.
    Are the existing speakers 4 ohm?
  • blrmkrblrmkr Posts: 40
    rj123456 - The TBLT bumper cover would not be a replacement part for the Envoy XL. Also, the steps are the gray platic inserts on the top of the painted part of the bumper.

sbindley - Would you happen to know if the Kenwood's Excelon 5.25" two-ways would fit in the front door openings w/o any modification? A few of us have been working on ways to improve upon the non-Bose system in our trucks.
  • tlaurotlauro Posts: 504
    Jefepro2, not sure where the 6.5% rate is from but it will depend on the lending institution and term. Last I checked here in Cols. Ohio the rate was 4.5% with a 12k/yr lease the residual is at 53%. However, I'm not sure if that's a regional or national program through GMAC. Rates/Residuals will be changing soon, so act before the end of the month.

Let me know if you need help. I have a couple different versions of my excel lease calc. depending on how taxes are applied in your region.

tim

"If anyone here knew what the deal was with the lease program for the triplets. I live in a area that has 6.5% MF, if I drive 3 hours, the deal changes to 3.5%. That's a huge difference on the lease. Is it based on dealer location or home location? Both? I have no problem driving 3 hours to pick up a truck and save close to 50 a month.
    Thanks "
  • dan165dan165 Posts: 653
    Have not posted in a while, but still liking our 02 Bravada. It's been virtually problem free with 18K kms on the dial now. One think I have noticed is a bit of a creak in the seat belt anchor on the pillar behind me. Anyone else had this?

My next door neighbor just picked up a 02 Envoy on summer clearance this week. These GM triplets are getting very popular!
  • mfullmermfullmer Posts: 819
    LEARN TO READ BEFORE YOU REACT LIKE CHILD. My exact posting was "On another note, I do hope that the aftermarket system wasn't one of those meant to "force" the entire population within 100 feet of your vehicle to listen to the music you want to hear." Since it's obvious that it wasn't, all that was needed was a simple "No, it wasn't".

I also started that with "My suggestion..." Hmmm. You would think, by your [over]reaction that I had commanded you to... My "commentary" was just that. If you are going to get so upset by a response to your request you should write exactly what kind of advice you want so that way no one will "offend" you by giving you what you don't.

Enough said? Let's get over this already.
  • kenymkenym Posts: 405
    mtrammell: Doesn't water boil at 212°...?????

~Ken
  • tblazedtblazed Posts: 945
    Water boils at 212° at atmospheric pressure. A 50/50 mix of water and Dexcool (or, regular old ethelene glycol) boils much higher. Also the cooling system is under pressure of 15-17 PSI which also raises the boiling point.
  • jefepro2jefepro2 Posts: 16
    Thanks for the Info Tim
    Just to clarify...
    GMAC is currently doing leasing deals until the end of the month based by regions. West, North Central, and NorthEast has a 3.5% financing deal for the triplets. While South and South Central region are given a 6.5% financing deal. Unfortunately, I live in a region that is considered south central while places south and east from me ( About 3 hour drive) is considered North Central.
    I was just wondering if anyone here knew how the leases work for GMAC. If I purchase a vehicle in the North Central region and register it in a South Central region, will I still get the special financing?
    Anyway, thanks for the reply - you gave me more information than my local GM sales guy would give me.
  • mtrammellmtrammell Posts: 125
    Thanx tblazed! Also, the manual states that the system will go into its limp mode when the temp reaches 265 or 275 (I don't remember which). I didn't wait for it to get that high. I pulled off the side of the road and waited for it to cool down a bit and then drove it straigt to the dealer.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Pure water boils at 212° only at sea level.

The boiling point drops by about 2° for every 1000 foot increase in elevation. Dissolving certain materials in water increases the boiling point.

tidester
    Host
    SUVs; Aftermarket & Accessories
  • envoy2002envoy2002 Posts: 26
    I don't wish to fuel a [non-permissible content removed]-for-tat debate, but if my memory serves me right, several of your responses/commentaries/suggestions/remarks to various members of this group in the past (and recent) have been responded to by the original postee (and others) with a tad bit of sarcasm/correction/irritation, etc. This would most probably suggest that some of what you write is coming across negatively, whether unintentional as it may be. I know this is a newsgroup and personalities are diverse, but we all should realize that words once spoken or written, can only be interpreted at face value. No offense to you specifically here, but every word in your sentence to Silpro about music and loudness was grammatically and structurally worded such that I understood it the way he did. Anyways, I can't call up Miss Cleo anymore to see if you (or whomever posts) is being light-hearted or scowling and sarcastic when they type a post. So when words like "childish, overly sensitive, touchy, grow up" are used by anybody, hey, someone out here will undoubtedly take offense or be defensive (and yes, that's thier problem). SOOOOO...let's all try to keep things in perspective. Besides..I don't know the policy of this particualr group, but one newsgroup I belong to will "excommunicate" someone if they commit 2 scathing (unpolite) posts towards another member.
    hey there!

yep...I double checked today. 3.5% but more like 4-4.5% given the F&I office markup at the dealer as they often will. not a bad thing, that's how they make money.

residuals are 52 & 54% for 12k and 15k per year leases at 36mos.

tim
    for those that are interested in carrying four bikes to places that Triplets can't go....check it out.

I should have some pics of my LTZ with is mounted and loaded up in the morning!

tim

http://www.timlauro.com/cars/trailblazer/reese-bike-rack-mod.htm
  • jpk23jpk23 Posts: 6
    Have a 2002 bravada and am interested in running boards / nerf bars. I have seen what the factory running boards look like. Have seen pictures of the aftermarket nerf bars themselves, but not on the vehicle itself. Does anyone have pictures of running boards they have placed on their Bravada or any other pictures of custom things done to their trucks.
    Besides..I don't know the policy of this particualr group, but one newsgroup I belong to will "excommunicate" someone if they commit 2 scathing (unpolite) posts towards another member.

That is essentially our policy as well. In case it's been a while since anyone read them, here's the link.

We find members tend to settle squabbles on their own with minimal intervention from us but, short of that, we will and do intercede.

Thanks for asking!

tidester
    Host

• kenymkenym Posts: 405
    I often wondered how boiling water cooled down an engine ( maybe I have to much time on my hands )

~Ken
  • tblazedtblazed Posts: 945
    Actually it is relative to the atmospheric pressure. At 30.05 inHg, the boiling point for water is 212+° regardless whether you are at sea level elevation or above. That's for pure water.
    Of course. And in a closed radiator system, the pressure rises above the local barometric pressure with heating.

tidester
    Host
  • Just wondering if anyone has the mats or cargo liner from Husky? Im just wondering how they fit?

My deadpedal definately needs some protection.

see them here

http://www.suvxccessory.com/xccessory/liners-mats-2002-chevrolet-trailblazer.html
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,098
    Hi Tim:

You stated:

"3.5% but more like 4-4.5% given the F&I office markup at the dealer as they often will. not a bad thing, that's how they make money.

residuals are 52 & 54% for 12k and 15k per year leases at 36mos"

Some questions....if the 3.5% is GMAC lease rate, is the dealership allowed to mark that figure up?

If I'm reading you correctly, the residual is 52% for 36 mos and 12k/year mileage allowance or 54% for the same term and 15K/year mileage allowance?

Do you know the rough pricing difference between the Envoy and TB with like for like options?

I'll probably be doing a GMO deal using my brother-in-law's Delco/Delphi employee pricing. He doesn't live too far from you....in Dayton.

If you get the chance, can you fire an e-mail to me at graphicguy@yahoo.com with GMO figures?

If I go to the dealership for the pricing, they're going to hound me and I'm not sure I'm ready to make a deal.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks!