Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• lurker01lurker01 Posts: 103
    Actually I didn't take the canoe on this trip. Spent my time exercising trout on the St. Joe. always a good time...

And, I was able to fit all my camping gear plus and extra person in the Envoy. The Jimmy would only hold 2 people with all the gear. still was a bit full. I guess I should have waited for the XL, but the standard one barely fits in my garage!
  • tlaurotlauro Posts: 504
    For those that are interested in seeing what other folks are doing and doing it with...check out the few new modifications and 3 sharp new triplets featured below.

John and Tim have both worked on their intake systems and John even dressed up his tailpipe a bit. Click on "Your Mods" to see what's new.

Page 3 under "Your Triplet Pics" has three new Triplets to enjoy.

http://www.timlauro.com/cars/trailblazer/1-main-page.html
  • ewood801ewood801 Posts: 1
    Hello all
    I have a 2 week old Envoy SLT with 1289 miles the radio sounds muffled and muddy. What are the specs on the AM/FM CD Cass. radio watts per channel etc. How difficult is to install new speakers?
    ewood801
  • elt93722elt93722 Posts: 7
    TLauro,

I thought about a new exhaust system and adding a throttle body spacer. I don't need the extra power right now, so I'm willing to wait. The better gas mileage would be beneficial, hhmmm...
  • johntrjohntr Posts: 71
    I had the pleasure of changing a tire on my TB this week. Luckily, it was in a driveway & level. I highly recommend that everyone practice changing the tire at least once! Also, let me know your experience in trying to remove the jack from under the seat. ;-)

While my spare was removed, I took a looked under the carriage to make sure things looked "normal". I noticed a medium diameter hose with a capped end. This came over the differential and was terminated. Is this to support supplemental brake systems for trailering?

Does anyone have any recommendation or recommend a device that would allow to easily check the spare tire pressure for periodic maintenance? Is there anything like a pressure hose extension? Since the spare is mounted underneath, why doesn't GM develop a small panel door, sealed, of course, which can be opened to allow easy access to the tire valve to pressure check/top off the spare? I wouldn't want to be in need of the spare & not be able to use it because of low pressure.

FYI, my spare is an black painted alloy rim which was not completely painted on the backside as well - I have an LT with 16" wheels.

John
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    most like it's the rear diffy vent? That would be my guess.

-mike
  • Check out the "Flies on the wall" article on the Autoweek website. They discuss how car manufactures DO check these sites to hear views of owners instead of a focus group that has not shelled out the bucks yet. Keep the posts coming.
  • icojonesicojones Posts: 61
    Tim-

How much did the rear bumper cost you. I need a replacement myself, and I can't believe the $750 price tag. 4 hours of painting labor?? Is that reasonable?
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Is about right if you want it done correctly. Bumpers need special paint/process or else they will peal easily. Basically since the bumper is a rubbery material they have to put on something that will flex, unlike painting metal which doesn't flex much.

-mike
  • gcleftongclefton Posts: 8
    John,

I got my 42" spare tire extension hose from www.griotsgarage.com for less than $10. It works fine; I kept it external, but accessable.
    yeah.....yeah....I heard someone back into you at the mall last week ;)

Actually the cost is $1,030 for my truck. I wasn't aware that they originally added the hitch step and stongard into the estimate with labor. Here's the final breakdown.

Well, it all adds up in parts and labor....here's a quick break down of what I'm having done. Less the muflap removal and re-install, the hitch step, my clear bra (stongard) and the one tail light assembly the total would be $803.

$370 for part# 88937016, rear bumper cover
    $10 for part# 15720781, plastic center piece of bumper....step....not necessary though being replaced anyway
    $74 for Paint Materials
    $113 for the Tail light assembly
    $12 Misc Material
    $249 for Installation Labor
    $95 for the hitch step incl. delivery.
    $50 for the stonegard to be redone
    add in sales tax and the total climbs to $1,030

not cheap that's for sure.

paisan/Mike is correct that both flex agent and extra prep is required on plastic bumpers to get the paint to be perfect.

I will also have to wait six weeks for the paint to cure 110% before I can have the stongard redone.
  • tblazer503tblazer503 Posts: 620
    Hey Tim, when you get those Japanese spec tail lights do me a favor and see if they fit better than the american spec ones. As far as I am concerned the O.E. ones leave huge gaps all around, and the only way to fix it is to try to even out the gap =o( not much in the way of adjustment either... If they come with the bus you may also need 1156 and 1157's too instead of the 3157's not sure about this, but at least its only a few bucks for bulbs. =o)
    Looking at the pic on Tim's website, got curious. Looks like the ~3/4" hose is just a breather line for the valve cover, so a breather filter should fit just fine =o) Also, I checked out my fuel pressure regulator, and it looks like a Adjustable fuel pressure regulator that B&M makes should fit just fine, just gotta look into some stuff for spring etc on it and talk to the dealer some. =o) Let you know how it works.
    For all of you who, like me are tired of the rear end leaning in turns and sagging on acceleration, hope maybe on the way! =o) Talked to Bilstein the other day, and they are coming out with a "HD" version of the Trailblazer shocks for front and rear. ETA is about December-January 2003. They told me that it would be stiffer and help the truck hold the road better. =o) (Tokico, Rancho, Monroe all don't have any R&D in place yet)
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    Great news! We don't have a triplet, but one of the reasons is that it's not always nice to float and bound down the road all the time, whether some think that's just "really smooth". It think it's loose, floppy, and boat-like, but that's just my opinion.
  • segel10segel10 Posts: 8
    Just took delivery last Monday and have been looking at this site for information. I am looking at adding running boards and ventshades in the near future. Can someone provide recommendation based on their experience? P/N if possible? And, how difficult is it as a do it yourself project? I like the factory installed but the GM sited just says comming soon.
  • Has anyone posted on how to remove the front door panels on an Envoy? I want to change the speakers soon, they have no sound quality at all!!
    lockcityssr, dont know if this will help, but the TB door panels come off by popping off the power door lock/windows panel, it just pulls straight up and snaps in/out. Under, you will find I believe 2 screws holding the center of the panel against the door. All around the edges, there are little plastic clippy things that hold the door on so it all snaps off, just takes some patience and caution(esp when putting back on to not break the snaps) There is supposed to be a tool to help in removing the snaps w/o damaging, but I dont know if it will work for this application because the door panel is molded to the door, so the tool may not work. hope this helps.
  • 2k_impala_ls2k_impala_ls Posts: 311
    I have the part #'s for the GM running boards #12497681 - list price is $429 but you should be able to get them for 25% off. moulded splash guards for the front are #12497726 (with flares),

#12497608 (without flares) and rear are #12497609.

They list for $29. Your dealer should give you a break on them.

the cheapest on the net for GM parts is http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/index.cfm you can get a quote online.
    segel10

I should be getting my WAAG items in next week. Have to confirm the date on Monday, but I'm getting a set of their running boards and will probably keep them vs returning them. Not 100% sure but if you aren't in a huge hurry, I'd be happy to sell mine for a more than fair price if you're interested. I can ship them from our office too as I work in distribution.

Let me know your thoughts. Not sure of a price, but if you're interested let me know.

tim

Pictures here: http://www.timlauro.com/cars/trailblazer/ltz-pics-index.htm