Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• tblazedtblazed Posts: 945
    22.4 MPG hauling 800 lbs of passengers and a couple hundred pounds of equipment at 70 mph in my Trailblazer passenger truck SUV doesn't seem too wasteful to me. I guess we could have divided up and driven two Honda Civics, but at 37 MPG each, that would have "wasted" even more gas!
    Geez and I even responded to that one. One incident in a 2002 Envoy - wonder when it was mfg? and if that 1st bulletin fix in 6-01 had been done.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    This is off topic. Drop it!

tidester, host
    "22.4 MPG hauling 800 lbs of passengers and a couple hundred pounds of equipment at 70 mph in my Trailblazer passenger truck SUV" is off-topic??
    ... is off-topic??

No. Terrorism is off topic. If you want to discuss that issue relative to SUVs please visit the I don't like SUVs, why do you? topic.

tidester, host
    Just making a point that "some people" miss- that there actually is a practical, useful purpose for SUVs. I really do try not to terrorize people (too much anyway) when I drive my Trailblazer....
    "I wonder what extreme conditions the circuit board is designed to operate in" The circuit board is coated with a clear coating (enamel or lacquer) to help moisture-proof it so it is made to work in a moist environment, but not submerged in water. That coating won't completely waterproof the PCB. Another problem that makes the situation worse is, they used a cheaper phenolic circuit board rather than a fiberglass-epoxy type, and the phenolic board "wicks" or absorbs water along the edge, letting the water get under the coating and circuit traces. Eats its way from the inside out. Of course it shouldn't be sitting in water in the 1st place.
  • My wife & I don't like how the front passenger window has to be locked when the window lock is turned on. In our case it is always on since the kids are in the TB probably 90% of the time too. Anyone know where I can find information on how the window lock can be removed from the passenger window when it is turned on?

This is getting to be a hassle as the kids have learned that when mom's widow goes down to try their own window controls, those little buggers are smarter than we give them credit for! We have a 3000 miles long road trip looming in July and I sure would like to keep the back window locked with each of us in the front having control of our windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Don 2003 TB Ext
  • My wife & I don't like how the front passenger window has to be locked when the window lock is turned on. In our case it is always on since the kids are in the TB probably 90% of the time too. Anyone know where I can find information on how the window lock can be removed from the passenger window when it is turned on?

This is getting to be a hassle as the kids have learned that when mom's widow goes down to try their own window controls, those little buggers are smarter than we give them credit for! We have a 3000 miles long road trip looming in July and I sure would like to keep the back window locked with each of us in the front having control of our windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Don 2003 TB Ext
  • aldan93aldan93 Posts: 202
    I didn't know that gas was needed to grow food? or drinking water?, I mean we should leave the oil alone! He should stand for the ethical treatment of oil!!! Poor little OIL!!! OIL HAS FEELINGS TOO!!! If we used hydrogen from the ambient air you people would still beeeeeech about it! The whales, the air, the trees, the oil, oh the poor little oil!!! Take a shower!
  • He writes:We have a 3000 miles long road trip looming in July and I sure would like to keep the back window locked with each of us in the front having control of our windows.

I write:
    Use the neat little trick my wife and I use, duct tape. The little buggers will never get their wrists loose after they have them wrapped in that. Duct tape also works great at keeping them quiet over a DVD any day of the week. Then give them ice cream after the 3000th mile has been passed on your vacation to make up for it.

Hope this helps
  • What was the $500 bonus cash for? I thought the bonus cash that GM is offering didn't apply to the tRailBlazer. I did, however get a "conquest" rebate for $500 because I drove a Ford. Is this the rebate you are talking about?

Thanks,
    Elevatorguy
    If we used hydrogen from the ambient air ...

Actually, there is virtually no free hydrogen in the atmosphere! :-)

tidester, host
  • zueslewiszueslewis Posts: 2,353
    wanna REALLY feel better about your ride?

I haven't gotten (average) more than 22 mpg on my PT Cruiser GT yet, and I don't drive like Mario Andretti.

Your TB gets better mileage than my small DCC car-based, 2.4 turbo engined, 3000 lb PT Cruiser. Disgusting.

So much for the theory about all SUVs being wasteful and if we buy a smaller vehicle, we'll get better mileage, huh?
    That was all highway miles. That's where the efficiency of these shines. Unfortunately most of the folks that get worked up over SUVs lump everything together with Excursions and 8.1L Suburbans.

You HAVE to do better in city stop-and-go traffic.
  • zueslewiszueslewis Posts: 2,353
    21-22 on the highway. Bummer. I guess I should have gotten that Durango R/T instead.
  • nuyorkahnuyorkah Posts: 100
    "Thanks nuyorkah, One last questoin since you see to be knowledgeable about GM parts. Do you have any idea of how long this part will be on backorder from GM for? Thanks again, Mark."

Your Welcome Mark, GM has no date they can give as to when they will be available. If you can't wait go to your dealers parts Dept. and ask them to do a dealer search, there are a few dealers that have them in stock. At this point you can ask them for the list of dealers and call them yourself and see if they will ship to you or you can see if your dealer can open whats called a SPAC case in which GM contacts those dealers with stock to see if they'll sell them back to GM and ship them to your dealer.
  • mcali17mcali17 Posts: 22
    Just so Chris and everybody out there knows, you don't have to purchase major guard or any GM warranty at the time you purchase the vehicle. You can purchase the Extended Warranty up until your Factory Warranty Expires. Also, make sure you also realize that the Extended Warranty, using Chris' example of 100K miles is TOTAL MILES, not 100K miles plus the 36K you get under the Factory. You would be surprised at how many people don't know this.

Hope that helps

"my 2 cents on the extended warranty debate... by cparise1 Jun 02, 2003 (8:17 pm)
    For my '02 Envoy I bought the GM Major Guard for 100K miles just for the peace of mind. A huge deciding factor was the trust I have established with my dealer. They aren't perfect but they are willing to listen to reason when I've complained about repairs. For instance, when my wife's '98 Pontiac Transport needed a new wiring harness just after the warranty ran out, I complained and I only paid for a new battery, the old battery croaked on the wiring harness short.

I figure if the dealer or GM has that much good faith in the relationship after the warranty is out, then the GM Protection Plan must be decent. So far, I haven't had to use the protection plan. If I never do it will be worth the cost just in peace of mind.

'02 Envoy XL SLT now has over 20K miles on it and I still love it.

Happy Motoring,
    Chris "
  • redline65redline65 Posts: 693
    Im very interested in buying an Envoy XL. However, Im not sure if I should go with the V6 or the V8 engine. Ive heard good tihings about the V6 and not much on the V8. My thinking is that for an SUV that big I would need the V8, but Im not going to do any towing at all. Please help.

I have an Envoy XL with the I6 engine. It's got ample power to get the vehicle moving. If you aren't going to be towing I would opt for the I6 over the V8, especially since you'll get better gas mileage. In mixed driving I average about 17 mpg, and on road trips I get about 22 mpg. I also have the 3.73 rear end, which will get you off the line a little quicker than the standard 3.42. So go for the XL with the I6 and the 3.73 gears and you will be happy. (And you'll save about $1500 too)
    Just so Chris and everybody out there knows, you don't have to purchase major guard or any GM warranty at the time you purchase the vehicle. You can purchase the Extended Warranty up until your Factory Warranty Expires.

Just wanted to add that to get GM employee pricing on Major Guard you have until 11 months or 11K miles, I believe.
  • elliot69elliot69 Posts: 9
    regarding your AC not cooling but fixing itself, there is a bulletin conserning this. I do not have the bulletin number, but it has been posted many months ago! Cheers...
    regarding your AC not cooling but fixing itself, there is a bulletin conserning this. I do not have the bulletin number, but it has been posted many months ago! Cheers...

My A/C quit cooling on me near the beginning of a 12 hour road trip a few months ago. Talk about an uncomfortable trip. The dealer replaced a low pressure regulator valve I think, and I haven't had an A/C problem since.
  • jbumjbum Posts: 3
    2003 Bravada AWD w/Bose, cargo cover/mat, gold package, heated seats, memory package, rain sense wipers, travel note recorder
    MSRP w/dest = 36,875
    Paid 33,644
    - 3,000 rebate
    - 750 military rebate
    - 500 Memorial Day rebate
    - 500 Conquest rebate (for Honda)
    - 1000 in lieu of 5/60
    ---------
    = 27,894

Jay
    2002 TB-LS 2WD 11-01 build
    1SC Preferred group 3 Package (all the important goodies)
    WOL Tires
    CD-Cassette (not necessarily my choice)
    Locking Differential, 3.42 gears

27,645 List
    -2,645 Dealer discount
    -3,245 GM MasterCard rebate
    -2,002 "2002 in 2002" rebate

19,753 TOTAL+TTL

HECK of a deal! I ain't complainin' !
  • onlyagirlonlyagirl Posts: 45
    Hmmm, I had a Mercedes...didn't get a "conquest" rebate...just 2 weeks ago...is this a mfg deal? and is it too late for me to inquire about it??
  • ericn1ericn1 Posts: 5
    The $500 bonus cash was in addition to the $3,000 rebate. Before I went to the dealer I checked the GM website and it was part of the May incentives for the Trailblazer. I don't think it was there until mid-May. It looks like they dropped the bonus cash for June, so I guess I bought at the right time.
  • Eric N or anyone that knows,
    Do you have any specific info as to when the bonus cashrebate began or ended? I may be entitled to another $500 here and will try to get it if I am. All info will eb greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Todd
  • diamond6diamond6 Posts: 4
    could those of you that were able to take advantage of the addtional $500 on the purchase of trailblazer, post what state you live in and purchased your vehicle in? I purchased a trailblazer and the dealer in Nebraska said they did not participate in the addtional $500. I am talking about the added money that become available after mid May until June 2nd. I don't understand why we did not qualify for this added money. I wonder if the dealer didn't just pocket it instead!
  • smfransmfran Posts: 432
    2003 Envoy XL SLT
    Onyx Black
    Running Boards
    Head lamp Washers
    Sunroof
    3.73 Axle
    Polished Aluminum Wheels
    6 Disc Bose
    Sticker including Destination charge $40,305.00
    Invoice including Destination and advertising $36,828.00
    Paid $37,549.00 which includes:
    Danali Grill @ $260.00
    Dealer markup @ $272.00
    Doc fee @ $189.00
    Not that I wouldn't have spent more on an LT or even an LTZ, I just refused to pay $1000 for the mandatory OnStar that I have no use for. No "delete" option, so they didn't get more $$$ from me on a more upscale model. I understand their logic though - they figure they will make more profits from OnStar subscriptions than any losses in sales of the upscale models.