Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• I don't know how GMC paid NWI. I just called the dealer that sold it to me and they said to mail them the contract and they would see what the could do. They pretended like they had not heard of this yet. WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF I JUST REDUCED MY MONTHLY PAYMENT TO GMC BASED ON THE PRORATED PORTION OF THE BANKRUPT WARRANTY???
  • tblazedtblazed Posts: 945
    I emailed a guy I know that owns a Ford dealership (Prestige Ford) here in D-FW. Here's what he replied:

"I'd go back on the dealer...they should immediately cancel the warranty and give a refund for the unused portion. "

As far as reducing your payment, GMAC would likely give you a negative for underpayment on your credit report.

Go for a refund and apply that to the GMAC balance.
  • zueslewiszueslewis Posts: 2,353
    warranty are not related and are two separate issues. If you underpay GMAC, you'll be demanded to bring the account up to par, or your vehicle will be reposessed.
    The Selling dealer sold you an aftermarket warranty and included it in the note financed by GMAC. The Dealer sold you the policy that went belly-up, GMAC just loaned you the money to pay for it with.
  • That is what I figured. Thanks for the help! Now it's off to the dealer I go to see what they can do for me... Am I crazy enough to buy a GM warranty if I do get the money back? I've always held my vehicles for 8-10 years (but that was a '84 Toyota Celica and '92 Isuzu Amigo). The TB does have MANY minor(subjective) issues for which "most" have been fixed. I never thought a vehicle purchase could be so stressful...
  • gmdronegmdrone Posts: 78
    Just thought that I would let you know that after 23 years of working for the General, I have crossed paths with management, and I have left GM! I am now working for American Sunroof at the Lansing Assembly Plant, where we are building the Chevrolet SSr. I just wanted to let you guys know that I didn't forget about you, but I was forced out of my job by a vindictive boss who thought that it was more important to climb the ladder than it was to build a good product. I'll be looking in from time to time, Good Luck, Mark
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,134
    Happy landings in your new job. Feel free to spread the rumors from your old buddies at GM now and then :-)

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,134
    "In an answer to its dealers' prayers, Saab Cars USA Inc. will get an SUV based on the Chevrolet TrailBlazer for the 2005 model year."

Saab promises 'different' SUV

Stay tuned in Future Vehicles for more....

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• darlenefdarlenef Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 TB. Recently, I found out that the vehicle will not make a sharp left hand turn while in 4 high. If you try to turn into a driveway or parking lot, the vehicle pretty much comes to a complete stop and will not move until you take it out of 4 high.

I took it to my local dealer and was told that this is normal.

I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem and if they've found a solution.

Thanks
  • redline65redline65 Posts: 693
    I've been thinking about buying a Major Guard plan for my '03 Envoy XL (2WD, 6-cyl). My dealer wants $1250 for the 72 month, 75K mile plan with $100 deductible. Does that price sound about right for this vehicle?
    "Saab Cars USA Inc. will get an SUV based on the Chevrolet TrailBlazer for the 2005 model year."

They will have some reconfigurin' to do to get the ignition switch mounted on the hump between the front seats!

Glad to see a post from gmdrone!
  • mdavis69mdavis69 Posts: 6
    We purchased a 60mo/75k GM major guard warranty for our 2002 Envoy SLT. We didn't elect for a deductible. We paid $1,340 with the GM family discount.

Has anyone noticed a difference in their triplet when using synthetic vs. regular oil? My husband forgot to tell the dealership to use synthetic oil last time he took it in for an oil change. It seems to run rougher and louder with the regular oil. I just wondered if anyone else had noticed or if it was just me.
  • hillflahillfla Posts: 90
    Quick question, does anyone know what percentage the factory tinting is on the Envoy? I am taking mine in tomorrow for the two front windows to be tinted at 35% (the max allowed in MO)

Thanks!
  • zueslewiszueslewis Posts: 2,353
    you're not supposed to be driving on dry pavement in four-wheel drive, ever. Not to chastise you, but if you'd broken something, the repair would have been on you (thousands of $$) instead of GM.

The 4x4 system isn't designed to be free of kickback while driving, there is slippage when turning on ice and snow that you'd never feel, because you're on ice and snow.

Save yourself a whole bunch of money, and don't drive in four-wheel drive on dry pavement.
  • rye78rye78 Posts: 16
    I had my windows tinted. And I had the same question because I wanted mine to match the factory tinting. Well I found out that the factory tint percentage is printed on the window. Mine said (18 +/- 2%) on the rear drivers side door in the bottom left corner when looking from the outside. I ended up getting 15% tint and it was a bit darker than the factory. By the way, tint in Illinois on the front and driver/passanger side windows is illegal. Any amout of tint is illegal. But I have an unlimited free get out of jail free/get out of a ticket free card.
  • scottc454scottc454 Posts: 356
    Any amout of tint is illegal. But I have an unlimited free get out of jail free/get out of a ticket free card.

You must be one of those people that always pull me over when I'm trying to get someplace.
  • loudornloudorn Posts: 2
    Hello All,
    I can't seem to get a straight answer on where or how to get to the trailer wiring under the dashboard. I just bought a 2003 TB LS. I have a Brake Actuator, but don't know how to access the wires to hook it up. The TB manual says the hook up is under the drivers side dash but not exactly where. Do I have to take down any plastic panels to get to the wires? Is there a hot lead up at the battery that needs to be hooked up?
    I'll be towing my motorcycles, with an enclosed trailer.
    Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks, Lou D.
    loudorn@yahoo.com
  • nuyorkahnuyorkah Posts: 100
    "Could you elaborate where and how to replace the faulty switch? I'd rather do it myself than have to sit out the whole day without my truck."

If you can give me your email address I'll send you info.

"btw, I had mine replaced back in Jan/Feb. and it's now the A/C's blowin hot air again."

Just remember you may have other problems with your A/C and this switch might not be the solution.
  • loudornloudorn Posts: 2
    Ok, Folks here is what I found so far.
    I took 2, 9/32" screws out of the black plastic under the dash and then it snapped out and lowered to reveal the wiring harnesses.
    On my 2003 TBlazer, I found the 4 wire harness with a white printed tag on it. The wires are taped up on their ends. The 4 wires were under the dash taped to the main harness that runs along the left side of the steering column.
    There are 2 heavy gauge and 2 light gauge wires.
    The Tag described the wires as follows:
    DRKBLU=AUX
    ORN=BATT
    BLK=GRND
    LTBLU=CHMSL

The Brake Actuator wires are coded as follows:
    White=Grnd
    Red=Stop Light
    Black=Battery
    Blue=Brake

Can someone please tell me what color wires connect together. I can figure the Ground wires out but the
    others I'm not certain about.
    Last thing. On the Trailblazer the Light Blue and the Black wires are very thin. Why are they such a light gauge wire? All four Actuator wires are heavy gauge, about the same as the 2 heavy ones on the Trailblazer.
    Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the Long post. I hope this helps someone else in the future.
    Thanks Much, Lou D. loudorn@yahoo.com
  • twinrottstwinrotts Posts: 161
    I am very happy to see the last posts on trailer wiring as I need to connect my controller this weekend.
    On the question of silicon water blades.
    I have been using the "California Water Blade" for 2 plus years and love it.
    Yes you need to wipe with an absorbant towel afterwards, but time is greatly reduced when first scraping off 90% of the water.
    Got mine at Targea (Target for english speakers)
    Think I might try the high velocity air method but wonder if using a compressor is really a good idea. Isn't there usually some lubricant product in most tanks to help prevent corrosion??? I know at work for example, there are oil filters on all compressed air locations where contamination would be a concern.
    I have both a compressor and a shop vac. My shop vac motor is detachable from the tank so I can assure no dust coming from the tank while using for the car.
    If you are ever curious to see how "NOT" clean the exhaust air is, fasten some cheese cloth to the exhaust port and run the blower for a few minutes. You do not want to breath this stuff nor blast it on you car at 100MPH
  • darthkimdarthkim Posts: 7
    I can't read the language, but it appears to be some prototype pics of the new saab 9-7.

http://www.vtm.be/autowereld/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1611&sid=6

Judge for yourself..I think it looks a bit more of a van rather than a suv... also the rear end looks pretty long.. I like the exhaust on the first pic though.
  • kgbkahnkkgbkahnk Posts: 89
    Wherebouts in MO do you live? I live on the KS side of southern KC (also allows a 35% max) but I did a lot of investigating before getting my TB tinted. Almost anyplace is willing to tint your windows to an illegally dark degree, if you're willing to pay cash and a bit of a premium. I was quoted anywhere from $60 to $120 to tint mine to 20% to match the rears. Ended up paying $75, AND the guy actually came to my house and did it my garage while I drank a beer. Talk about service, and he did a great job.
  • hillflahillfla Posts: 90
    I live just outside of the St Louis area in St Charles. I was quoted $62 to do the two front windows. I did not even try to ask him to do the fronts to 20%. (since I can't seem to find my "Get out of a Ticket Free" card!)
    I figure that 35% is much better than nothing! Sounds like you got a good deal, kgbkahnk, if the guy came to your house and did it for ya. My fiance just had all of his windows on his Grand Prix tinted by this same guy and he did a great job so here's to hoping he continues his trend and does well with mine! I pick my Envoy up today after work so we'll see how well it looks.
    Keep in mind, the front door windows (and windshield too) are already slightly tinted to 70% light transmission, so putting 35% trans tint film on the door glass will yield about 24-25% trans. (which technically isn't legal here in Texas either - 35% is the legal limit) Visually, my front door windows almost match the rear door factory tinted 18 +/- 2% glass as a result. An inquiring police officer would have to use a Light Transmission Densitometer to measure the actual light trans through the glass with the tint film applied. And in some states and jurisdictions, they are equipped to do just that.
  • rye78rye78 Posts: 16
    I'm not one of those kind! I love cars myself so I don't mess with other people who just want their car to look good!
    This will be a short one. Just got through talking to a guy that came by to give me a roofing estimate. He drove up in a loaded '02 Envoy: Leather, DIC, Bose, Auto-levelling, the works. Noticed his build date 9/01 so I asked him how many miles, he replied "44,600" and I asked have you had any problems he said "now that you mention it, I have a burned out headlight so I am taking it in later to get that fixed" That was the only thing he said has failed so far. Amazing.
    I meant you must be a cop. You said you have an unlimited get out of jail/get out of tickets card.
    That can only mean you're a cop. Or maybe you have cop connections.
    One of my reasons got getting an SUV was that I figured I wouldn't need to drive it as fast and I'd get less tickets. Then I got a ticket for making a rolling stop. Oh well.
    "I have a burned out headlight so I am taking it in later to get that fixed" That was the only thing he said has failed so far. Amazing.

That is pretty amazing. Taking it to the dealer to change a headlight?
  • iceprizmiceprizm Posts: 2
    I was interested in buying the borla exhaust, but was told by borlas tech. guys that it wouldn't work (because of the air suspension) without some mods, something about moving brackets. I'm wondering if anyone here has made it work, and can tell me how.
    "Taking it to the dealer to change a headlight? "

While he's there getting the oil changed. Two things I would do myself.