Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• scottc454scottc454 Posts: 356
    I think it's unpatriotic to get all worked up over this type of stuff. That's a drawback to our freedom - you sometimes have to put up with opinions that irritate the hell out of you. Those commercials are way less annoying than those of Old Navy or Subway. I'm so sick of Jared and Clay Henry.

Anyway, how come pickup trucks have managed to avoid all this flack? They're just as inneffecient and misused.
  • redline65redline65 Posts: 693
    "Anyway, how come pickup trucks have managed to avoid all this flack? They're just as inneffecient and misused."

I agree. Don't forget about full-sized vans also.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    You can join the "patriotism" discussion here: Are SUVers Unpatriotic?

tidester, host

• tblazedtblazed Posts: 945
    I certainly notice the bad "rap" SUVs always seem to get from the news media when there's an accident. With an SUV it's always reported as though the SUV was responsible regardless what the driver was doing. I can't think of too many other vehicle "types" that are characterized like that. Maybe 18-wheelers.
    I did the patriotic thing last year and bought an American-Made TrailBlazer to help support the economy and "Keep America Rolling" ... or something like that...
  • Took my 2002 to the dealer yesterday.

1. Lost heat to driver's side twice. (Could not duplicate)

2. Passenger seat belt tightens. (New belt ordered)

3. Vibration at hi way speeds. (They actually felt that one this time, and recommended tire balancing; which was on the paper I gave them. Their cost to balance was $35. My husband told them that we would take it to our regular place. Turns out they had already done it without approval, so we got it free.) Have not had a chance to test it due to our weather.

Noticed when cleaning off the road salt when I got it home that we have the paint scraped due to the plate housing. Took it in today and they would order the gasket. Got a call later to set up the time and was told it would take an hour. Do they not fix the paint, or just cover it with the gasket? Would like to know others experiences before taking it in.

Thanks

PolarBear6
    I found a web site that lists the categories for the Major Guard plan:

http://www.gmoutlet.com/gmpppriceindex.html

Looks like my finance person may have been trying to screw me, she told me mine was a "4" even though I bought an Envoy XL 2WD, which should be a "3". Good thing I didn't buy it.

Then again it could be related to this: TSB 02-03-09-002 Intermittent Boom, Rumbling Noise and/or Disturbance Heard in Passenger Compartment While Driving at Highway Speeds (Replace Rear Coil Springs); 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy with Rear Coil Springs.

How many miles on your TrailBlazer?
  • paulpropaulpro Posts: 56
    Does anyone have a copy of TSB 02-08-49-009: "Interference with Center Console Auxillary Power Outlet Cover and Rear Seat Cushion"

I would like to learn just exactly what it says before I counter my dealer

Thanks
  • twinrottstwinrotts Posts: 161
    I have never seen one of these on any TB I've looked at. Anyone have a picture and a part number?
  • pauleulpauleul Posts: 116
    There is no point in painting unless the primer has also been worn through. Your dealer probably will paint it if you demand, but will just delay the whole process since they will have to wait for the paint to dry. The gasket will totally cover the chipped paint. Installing the gasket takes about 30 minutes.

See this link for more info:

http://www.timlauro.com/cars/trailblazer/paint-chipping-before-after.htm

• We have 16,600 on it. Build date 10/01. Will see how it drives in the next few days. Too much wind today to get a good feel for it. I used Tim's site to print out the information I showed the dealer. They mentioned the gasket before seeing the paper.

Thanks
    PolarBear6
  • cebtebcebteb Posts: 138
    At the auto shows this week Cadillac unveiled a mid-size, car-based SUV built on the CTS platform. Both a 6 and 8 cylinder version. It looks like the Oldsmobile Bravada becomes the 2004 Buick Rainer rather than a Cadillac as rumored. Based on the dive in Oldsmobile sales in 2002, I doubt there will be a 2004 Bravada.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    Don't worry about the Detroit Project, they aren't talking about the TB/Envoy, they aren't REAL SUVs, hee hee.

-mike
    State of Texas calls my TrailBlazer a "Passenger Truck" on my license registration. If anybody complains about your evil SUV just tell 'em it's a Passenger Truck.

To replace that lighter socket cover, first the socket has to be removed. From the 11-02 Techlink article this is how they say to do it:

Typical Power Accessory Port or Cigarette Lighter Removal
    This procedure may be used to remove a cigarette lighter or accessory port if the standard method in SI does not work. To review, here’s the standard method.

Remove the power accessory port fuse. Then remove the power accessory port socket by placing one side of the T portion of J-42059 Cigarette Lighter Socket Remover into the tab window. Angle the other side into the opposite tab window. Pull the power accessory port socket straight out.
    If the standard method fails to remove the socket, use the following alternate method.
    Insert a small grinding tool with a cutoff wheel into the socket. Remove the plastic latches in the 3 mm (0.11 in.) square windows. With the tabs removed, use J-42059 as directed above to remove the socket. Remove J-42059 from the power accessory port socket. Then, disconnect the electrical connector from the power accessory port. And finally, use your index finger to pull out the power accessory port retainer.

Once they get the lighter socket out then the cover can be replaced.
  • dlaredlare Posts: 43
    Hello,

When I purchased my 2002 TB off the dealer's lot, it had the cheapo stereo (very boomy and hazy sound). I'd like to replace whatever causes this poor sound (head receiver, speakers, whatever). What are my options here?

Thanks for any help,

Dean
    Manually turn the Bass down to -1 or -3 from center, and turn the Treble all the way up. Mine sounds pretty good that way. Otherwise there are interface issues trying to replace the head unit with an aftermarket one. It is addressed by the BCM via the serial buss. Not as easy as it used to be. Some have even relocated the original head unit under the front seat to keep it in the system.
  • mfullmermfullmer Posts: 819
    The 2004 Ranier has been the touted as the "replacement" for the Bravada for nearly a year now. It was never, formally, going to Cadillac. The Bravada will cease production as of the 2003 model year.
  • 41564156 Posts: 31
    Have 2002 Trailblazer LS with mfg. date of Dec. 2001. At around 10,000 miles and again at 15,000 miles, I had no instrument panel lights or functions when starting vehicle. I mean no speedo, gages, warning lights, cruise control, nothing. After shutting off vehicle and letting it sit for 5 minutes, everything came back to normal. It has only happened twice in the 15,000 miles. No other electrical problems with vehicle. I suspect maybe a relay of some sort. What can you tell me about this? THANKS
    What do you guys use to clean your polished alloy wheels? I don't want to use anything that will dull mine. Is there a product that makes them shine really well?
  • scottc454scottc454 Posts: 356
    They've got some type of plastic coating on them, so you won't ever get them really shiny because the underlying metal has a satin finish.