Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• blink3blink3 Posts: 74
    15k sounds like a fair deal to me. I think you will come out ahead on that deal. You will be very happy with the LT. I have an Envoy, many of the same features of the LT and you just cannot find another vehicle with these types of "bells and whistles", this kind of utility and plushness at this kind of price anywhere else in the market. Get it and enjoy!!!!
  • 01_hoe01_hoe Posts: 273
    Sounds like a reasonable price. Any remaining warranty will be determined by the date the truck was origionally placed in service. Would have to have been placed in service after 06-12-02 to have any warranty left. Did the origional owner buy an extended warranty that could be transferred?
    If GM claims they will buy it back, go for it. I don't think you can expect much more than that. If GM says it is going to buy it back, where is the battle?

Was this the V-8 or the I-6 engine?
    Many 2002 and 2003 TB and Envoy owners have had to get their fan clutch replaced. Has this problem been corrected, or do the 2004 and newer still have the problem or potential problem?
  • tblazedtblazed Posts: 945
    "GM claims they will buy it back..."

If GM already said they will buy it back, what more could you want? That sure seems fair to me.
  • mookie14mookie14 Posts: 252
    Hey guys im curious this Jet chip for the Tblazer is it a good thing?? I know someone said the stock computer overrides it. Is that true?? and is jet cool for gm autos. Has anyone had it on there Trailblazer??? Seeing i have the Borla on my Trailblazer and Airraid intake im wondering will it do something?? Thanks guys.
  • twinrottstwinrotts Posts: 161
    May have a problem with the factory installed trailer wiring harness.
    Found I had no left signal or brake light and no backup lights on the trailer. Swapped bulbs on the trailer.
    Tested the trailers harness for continuity and could not find a problem Then plugged the harness in at the hitch and did not get voltage through he appropriate wires. Then crawled under the bumper with the multi meter and behold, no voltage at the pins that corresponded to those lights.
    Anyone else have one of these go bad? Worked fine last summer. I'm assuming this will be covered under my MajorGaurd
  • meberedmebered Posts: 4
    i opted for the v8. Gm had a new v-8 this year, 2 were GMC envoy models and the other was the trailblazer ext. The technology used on the new v-8 is called D.O.D.(displacement on demand) where at no load conditions the cylinders began to shut down, so what is a v-8 when you need it will also become a 4cly. when you don't. Pretty inventative really. saves on gas and emissions. The tech from detroit says that my trailblazer is the second one in the county to fail.
  • wxman4wxman4 Posts: 53
    Curious to what most people are seeing on the tach for idle speed. I have been unhappy with A/C and engine temp while driving in traffic. Today had the opportunity to sit at idle for extended time. Mine idles at 500 RPM according to the dash tach. If I held the idle at 650 or so the the A/C performance was noticeably better and the engine temp did not increase.

So, what are people seeing for idle speed on the 5.3 V8? Is there a service manual value or range for idle speed? Can it be easily adjusted by dealer?

Thanks
    Wxman
  • gmfangmfan Posts: 188
    Yes, press the rear defroster after/when the a/c is on. Don't mess with the front, just leave it in normal a/c mode. Once satisfied with the air flow, then depress the rear defroster button and enjoy. At least, it works on mine that way. Compliments of another member on the forum. Let us know if this helps yours. The solution sounds a little crude, but it works. I used to have that delay, but even now with humidity here in south in the 70-90% range and temperatues in the eighties, my a/c cools like a champ!

-gmfan
  • noller2gnoller2g Posts: 60
    I'm trying to find a wire under the rear seat near the fuse box that I can use to power up my subwoofer amplifier.

I've got everything hooked up for the high amperage leads, but there is a low amperage wire used to turn on the amp. It's commonly known as "the blue wire" and it just needs to go to a wire that is hot when the ignition is on, but not during engine cranking.

Used to be able to just slave off the radio hot wire, but afterlooking in the engine bay and under the back seat, I have no way of knowing which wire to use.

Any help please.

Also, anyone know how best to get signals from an xm radio into the Bose system? I'm using the cassette now, and don't get full dynamic range or quality, and the fm modulator is worse.

Thanks again....

Greg, Wichita
  • hammen2hammen2 Posts: 1,313
    If you don't have a CD changer built into your radio, you can use a PIE aux input cable from BlitzSafe:

http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_appguide/Blitzsafe_Application_Guide.pdf

Hope this helps,

--Robert
  • noller2gnoller2g Posts: 60
    Thanks for the response, but I do have the Bose system in my 2002 Bravada with the single cd and cassette.

The application guide pdf ababe has no entries for the 2000-2003 Olds or Chevy.

I'll give them a call.

Greg
    Wichita
    Is the Standard (short) Envoy available with the V-8 yet, or do you still have to get the EXT version to get the V-8? Also, same question, but with the Trailblazer??
    I have the '02 Envoy and have been pretty happy with it, but would like some more power/torque.

Thanks!
    I had my tranny serviced last week at 68K miles on it. Instead of the flush option, I had the tranny pan dropped, cleaned, replaced filter, and added fluid. The shop said the fluid was brownish, but no debris and everything looked fine. I have had the vehicle back for a few days and it shifts a little smoother than before (it shifted smooth beforehand), but I now notice the vehicle is more sluggish. I find myself having to press on the pedal harder to get the vehicle to move. I have checked the fluid level and it is okay, and the shop assures me they put in Dexron III / Mercon. Has anyone else noticed a similar difference when they have had their tranny serviced? Maybe I should have not fooled with the service...if it ain't broke don't fix it! Any help would be appreciated.

-gmfan
  • imadad2imadad2 Posts: 79
    My understanding is that the Envoy Denali is the only short version of the trips to have a V-8. The TB has only the V-6. The V-8 should be an option in either IMO.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    Get the 391 HP Trailblazer SS that is coming this fall. Has the Corvette engine. Can get it in either 2WD or 4WD. That should have enough power!!! Will still be able to tow up to the same capacities as now. Looks pretty sweet too, with 20" wheels and a lowered suspension.
  • snokingsnoking Posts: 47
    Rainier has the V8 in the short WB. And it is a I6 not a V6. SNOKING
    The '05 Envoy SWB is now available with the 5.3L V8 in the Denali level trim.

Advance info on the '06 TB says the 5.3L V8 will be available in SWB in both LS and LT trims. Will still require the Denali pkg in the '06 Envoy SWB to get a V8.
  • mxer1mxer1 Posts: 3
    I know the Denali trim! That'll look so nice. Has anyone on here put 20 inch chrome rims on their Trailblazer/ Envoy? Does is handle okay? I mean it's only a 3 inch increase... is there a noticable weight difference? I was thinking of adding 50 horses to take care of the weight difference.
    How are you going to add 50 horses? I don't think there is enough room for 20 inch wheels on these vehicles from the factory. You will probably need to adjuster suspension components etc to make room.
    I will check on the Buick, would the Ascender offer the V-8 in the short wheel base?
  • meberedmebered Posts: 4
    GM introduced a new v-8 engine for 2005 available on three models only...Trailblazer EXT, Envoy XUV and the Envoy XL
    I have 20" wheels on my Envoy. Others have gone as high as 22". No rub on the 20" I have 265/50/20 tires. New tires and wheels weigh 25# more each than OEM. Extra HP would always be nice, so would extra brakes.

• n7donn7don Posts: 188
    gmfan I routinely drain the pan and replace the transmission filter around 15k miles. In fact when I first changed the filter/oil in the Envoy I put a drain plug in the pan to make the process less messy. Never experienced any noticeable change in performance after the change. However the transmission shift "adapts" to how we drive our vehicles. I don't know the algorithm used but perhaps your transmission is still "learning" with the fluid/filter change. You did say it shifted smoother. I'd give it some time to see if it returns to what you expect.
  • mxer1mxer1 Posts: 3
    Sweet Envoy! To add 50 horses... I think the dealer can do it... but it'll void the warranty, but whatever. I'm gonna put 20" spinners on my Trailblazer hopefully... 01_hoe... have u noticed any difference in power with the rims on?
  • cgrantcgrant Posts: 1
    Did the wiper recall August 2004. on 2002 TB. Last week at 46,000 miles wipers began jerking . Dealer says motor is bad and not related to recall. Contacted
    GM Assistance but they accept dealers diagnosis . Has anyone been able to link later wiper problems to the recall and got GM to cover the repair?
    "01_hoe... have u noticed any difference in power with the rims on? "

Decrease in power, as the tires are 1" taller than OEM, plus the additional weight.
    To maintain about the same performance you need to purchase a forged wheel, and tire that is the same diameter as OEM.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,985
    "Interiors are dramatically upgraded"

"high-performance TrailBlazer SS"

GM Prepares New Generation of Midsize SUVs (Inside Line)

Steve, Host

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.