Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• jbumjbum Posts: 3
    re: #11561 of 11575  conquest rebate? by onlyagirl  Jun 04, 2003 (10:58 pm)

Hmmm, I had a Mercedes...didn't get a "conquest" rebate...just 2 weeks ago...is this a mfg deal? and is it too late for me to inquire about it??

AND

re: 11563 of 11575  Bonus cash???? by elevatorguy  Jun 05, 2003 (5:12 am)

Eric N or anyone that knows,
     Do you have any specific info as to when the bonus cashrebate began or ended? I may be entitled to another $500 here and will try to get it if I am. All info will eb greatly appreciated.

=====================
    I live in Illinois down near St Lous and the $500 conquest cash was for driver's of other model cars. I just had to show my current registration of my Honda (which I sold after purchasing the Bravada). Guys -- I think you get this conquest OR $500 for taking the 24 hour test drive as my rebate was listed as conquest/test drive. The $500 Memorial day rebate came up the week before Memorial day and was good for deliveries through 2 June. Applied to Bravada and I am not sure what all other GM models.

My extra $750 military discount is self explanatory. Just want to say thanks to all the businesses out there giving military specials. Going to Disneyworld this fall, they are giving me free 5 day pass and I get $99 5 day passes for each of my family members. Also able to get significantly discounted resort stay.

thanks,
    Jay
  • ficussficuss Posts: 541
    how close to the bean salad plant do you live in Ohio?

Frank
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Wow it went over your head host...

Now you get it! Hydrogen gas is so light that its buoyancy and molecular speed take it very far over your head and, in fact, right out into space!

Nevertheless, there is a LOT of hydrogen all around us locked up in water and rock above, on and below the Earth's surface. This makes hydrogen a natural resource. Separating it from its molecular bonds is the part most people overlook in discussing hydrogen fuel technology - there is an upfront energy cost to accomplish that and it isn't cheap.

tidester, host
  • ericn1ericn1 Posts: 5
    I live in Mass. and actually bought the Trailblazer on Memorial Day, so maybe the $500 was a Memorial Day weekend incentive.

In my paperwork, there is a sheet that lists the incentives and the GM Incentive Code:
    consumer cash $3,000 cne
    bonus cash $ 500 bfa
    gm card rebate $ 502.09 udc
  • iexplore2000iexplore2000 Posts: 237
    Hmmmm GAM2..

Well.. honestly, I think that mine would whip the crap outta the 6 cylinder in the XL model line (SMILE), but you could be correct.. maybe it just "feels" faster. The I6 in the shorties is adequate though, but I thought that it was a little "over worked" in the extended models, at least the one that I test drove? Especially for the lead footers!

I lifted this bit from an aritcle in Motor Trend's Road Test Archive (online) of the 2003 Envoy SLT XL V8 and V6:

"Available in 2WD and 4WD, the Envoy XL tips the scale at about 300 lb heavier than the Envoy, so the V-8 doesn't feel much quicker than the six. Put a load on the hitch, though, and the V-8's low-end grunt is appreciated--so is the Corvette-like exhaust note."

Check out the full report at MT's website under Road Tests -- SUV's, 2003 Envoy SLT XL. It doesn't give much, but I appreciate what they had to say. SAME APPLIES TO Edmunds too.. Excellent sources for information! :-)

Thanks!

IExplore2000
  • ees1996ees1996 Posts: 31
    I need some insight on an issue. The engine on my 2002 TB would only knock when the engine was cold. After awhile the engine developed a VERY loud knock. Sounds like what others described as a cylinder sleeve problem. I got it towed to the dealer and they have had the truck for 3 days now. I need to know about a rental and about this problem. Can anyone help. It is under warranty. They made me produce maintenance records before they went into the engine. The service rep did not like the fact that I could produce ALL of them including silicone lube for the weather stripping. I guess they were gonna try to cancel my warranty. Any input will be appreciated. They got the car gutted at the moment. Am I entitled to a rental? Thanks fellow Triplet owners.
  • ficussficuss Posts: 541
    ees1996, if the problem your triplet has is the slipped cylinder sleeve, it is not a maintenance issue. Mine crapped out at 2100 miles. They had a few bad engines early on. Mine was replaced with no questions asked, and yes a loaner is in order. If the engine has to be replaced, it will take several weeks. Depending on your mileage, you may be able to get a new engine, as opposed to a rebuilt one. Either way, contact Chevy customer service and demand an extended warranty on the engine. They will oblige if you persist. I hope your dealer is as good as mine was, I could not tell the engine had been replaced after the tech. worked on it. Good luck

Frank
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,977
    Your Father's Oldsmobile Replacement:

First Drive: 2004 Buick Rainier

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I also live in Mass. I did the paperwork on May 15th I think and took delivery on May 17th. Just over a week before Memorial Day. anyone know the exact start date of this rebate? I would not be surprised at all if I didn't qualify. I may be the unluckiest person in the world! I wonder if my dealer knew about the rebate. I would certainly have waited a week to save $500. Where did you buy your truck, by the way, and did you like the dealership?

Thanks,
    Todd
  • eaziereazier Posts: 5
    SMFRAN: Where did you get the Denali Grill from? I have been looking around for a while now and my dealer has no clue on what I am talking about. Is it a Putco? Who manufactured it? Do you have any pics?

Thanks!
  • tblazedtblazed Posts: 945
    "saw video on 2004 Envoy and just wanted to ask after watching the video I was wondering is this a regular envoy"

That's the "XUV" another variation on the long wheelbase platform - just in case you need to haul a refidgerator.
    So you reckon they will come out with a "T-Type" "Grand National" or "Gran Sport" version? Supercharge a 5.3 - that would be fun.
  • scottc454scottc454 Posts: 356
    That would be fun but I don't see the point of overly souped up SUV's. All that power is wasted on something that is heavy and handles like an elephant on roller skates.

There is a supercharger available for the 5.3, but you'd have to do some suspension modifications or else you'd be making a deathtrap.

I'd rather just have a normal SUV and a fast car to deal with those times when I need to regress. Whoops, already got that.
    I will go after that extended warranty for the engine. Thanks for the input the truck is at 35234 miles. Not a problem up to this point. had to replace a O2 sensor and that was all. Just got some new rubber and it rides fine. My tire dealer did say that there might be a problem with the tire rod end. I will bring that up to the dealer. They have fully torn the engine down and now they are saying that chevy MIGHT pay if they dont find anything. Also the service rep said that if i got a rental chevy might pay for that. I want to bring this stuff up but hey since it is so close to warranty they might stick me with a "second rate" engine. Thanks for the input ficuss.
    was thinking of a more street-tuned version with a lower stance, stiffer sway bars, wider tires, quicker steering ratio, etc to compete with something like the Nissan Murano / Infiniti FX45/35 ON-road SUVs.
  • bigtoys1bigtoys1 Posts: 1
    Just purchased an 03 Envoy SLE, along with the $3000 rebate, I received a $500 Memorial Day Bonus rebate. This offer was for residents of the "North East Region" towards the purchase or lease of the following 2002/2003/2004 models.

Cadillac: Escalade EXT $1000
    Chevrolet: Malibu, Trailblazer, Trailblazer EXT
               $500.
    Olsmobile: Grand Am, Grand Prix $500
    GMC: Envoy, Envoy XL $500

Memorial Day Bonus Cash expired on 6/2/03.
    Called the dealer they reported that the engine is out of the car and they said that the problem is that two of the Main Bolts broke. Did not give me a solution when that is happening. The guy on the phone said that there will be no "extra" warranty when they but the engine back toghether. Also the guy said that they have to wait for word from chevrolet on how to remove the broken bolts to drill them out or another method. Of course I get a call AFTER the rental agency at the dealer has closed so I have to wait until monday to get a rental. Anyone elses main bolts break?
  • lmacmillmacmil Posts: 1,756
    I'd like to hear from anyone who previously drove the last generation Explorer ('95-'01). Is your Envoy/Trailblazer/Bravada a significant improvement over the Ex? Is there anything about the Ex you liked better than the comparable feature/behavior of the GM SUV?
  • mcali17mcali17 Posts: 22
    The Envoy XUV is a 5 passanger vehicle.
  • dshepherd3dshepherd3 Posts: 194
    When I was a GM service mgr. if we did warranty work, it was covered for the remainder of the normal warranty period or 1 year and 12k which ever was longer.