Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• riskaker11riskaker11 Posts: 39
    Here's a link to a spy shot of the extended version.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/

• This board is really helpful to me.I wanted to purchase a GMC Envoy SLE. I feel paranoid about the recall though. Can someone tell me how can i decipher manufacture dates and what dates should i be loooking for.
  • lns1lns1 Posts: 6
    I live in NJ where a front license plate is required. The bracket that came on my 2002 Envoy has no mounting hardware and the license plate just slides into the slot with no positive fastening mechanism. I'm not so crazy about the flimsy rubber darts that GM used to fasten the bracket to the bumper either--they are so lose that they could be pulled off in a car wash. I suppose I could drive screws into it but they would go right through the bracket and into the bumper. Has anyone figured out a better way? Did anyone get a better one with their Envoy?

Regarding the sun visor, anyone who's owned an Explorer knows about the great 2-way sun visor they had. It extends at a 90 degree angle to cover both the front and side windows. Has anyone seen anything similar available after market?

Thanks to all--this board has answered more questions than my owners manual!
  • earlcearlc Posts: 34
    I have a pewter 2002 Trailblazer. I love the color but people who have not seen it yet ask "What color is pewter?" I don't have an answer. Do any of you?
  • aleasealease Posts: 22
    I would consider the color "pewter" silver. I have one ordered and from what I have heard it is supposed to look clean longer, which I need.
  • jmnjn01jmnjn01 Posts: 2
    My wife and I just recently test drove the Envoy. As expected we enjoyed driving it very much. Since then i have been researching as to what is available in the options and so forth. We have decided to go with the SLT 2wd w/ the pro towing, and mnrf and running boards. We have been able to find Envoys with all these options. The only thing we have not been able to find is one with Blue ext and Tan lthr int. Has anyone seen an envoy with tan lthr int, or has one? I have searched most of the dealers inventories through GM buypower and no dealer in the SO. Cal area has one...Is it even available yet? I know it is offered in the brochure. Thanks
  • jmnjn01jmnjn01 Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what the GMS discount is on the Envoy?
  • jack51pinejack51pine Posts: 18
    I read that tan (oak) interiors were not available for order until 5/31. I've not seen any Trailblazers/Envoys/Bravadas with tan interiors yet.
  • rpageaurpageau Posts: 94
    The GMS price and the GM Suppliers Discount are two different things. The formula for calculating the GMS price was posted earlier on this board. Add 4% to that number to get the GM Supplier price.
  • fdefulviofdefulvio Posts: 47
    The GMS supplier price which is GMS + 4% works out to within $100 of the invoice price. I got a quote last week and was shown the pricing sheet. I was looking at an Envoy SLT with sunroof and Bose stereo. The MSRP was a little over $36,000 with and invoice price of around $33,000. The GMS price was something like $31,700. My supplier price was very close to the $33,000 invoice price. I talked directly with the General Manager, who was actually very pleasant about the deal.
  • hambone7hambone7 Posts: 130
    I ordered a TB in May, GM "accepted" my order June 4, I called the 800 number listed about 40 posts above but they will not give me a build date yet. They told me to call back in a few weeks... It can't be that hard to schedule a week in which to build a truck... The dealership said 6-8 weeks, but 10-12 weeks seems more likely at this point.

Anyone else have a similar issue with GM not supplying a build date?
  • abc246abc246 Posts: 305
    I have not drving the new 6 yet. Is the power as good as the 4.3 V-6? I hear both stories, the old one has more power and the new one has more power. I don't read much into the HP numbers. Nissan is playing that game too. Where usable HP and torque are produced is more important. In the V-6 is was made a low rpms. Has anyone owned the old and new back to back?
  • akajoeakajoe Posts: 69
    I had an 'S10 Blazer with the 4.3L V6 (lower power rating than more recent models, but not by much). It was in a car accident and got totaled. I replaced it with a Bravada with the I6.

Major points:

1). Throttle tip in is much more refined with the new I6 because of the drive by wire accelerator pedal. The 4.3L V6 tended to be too torquey from idle and would jump off the line making it difficult to accelerate from a stop smoothly.

2). The I6 is among the smoothest engines I've ever driven - Japanese ones included.

3). The I6 is among the freest reving engine I've ever driven, and does so without the loud racket that many 4 valve/cyl engines produce. It has a low exhaust note that is sporty but subdued.

4). It definitely accelerates much more quickly than my Blazer. When you get on the engine, the throttle control kicks in and you get the torqueyness you need. When you are taking it easy, the throttle control lets you ease the power. Zero-to-sixty times I haven't measured, but I barely get to look at the speedometer under acceleration before I have to back off (or exceed the speed limit).

5) When overdrive kicks in, it loafs around 1200rpm at 45mph. For many streets, you torque around at 1200rpm and the tranny never downshifts because there is plenty of torque. On the freeway, it also loafs around, but zips to 3000rpm easily to pass. I haven't had opportunity to get above 3000rpm.
  • aleasealease Posts: 22
    I ordered an Envoy 4-25, I called each week and got the same "gm hasn't accepted your order yet". I called each week and finally on 6-5 they gave me a build week of 6-11. The dealership tells me I should have it 7 days after that. I am trying to be patient. I have also heard that it could be more like 30 days to del.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    Has anyone purchased the dealer installed rubber floor mats for the Envoy? I have had the MacNeil rubber mats in my pickup. They are good, but I keep wearing a hole in the driver's mat-have gone through 2 sets in 3 years. Am wondering if anyone had bought the GM mats and if so, how do you like them? Also, the lower rear doors flare out towards the wheel well. Has anyone had a problem with stone chipping there and, if so, is there anything you can do about it? I seem to remember some sort of lower body protective film as a dealer option but have not seen any info. on it. Anyone have any knowledge or experience? I have ordered my Envoy and the scheduled build date is next week. I have the running boards, which should help with the stone chipping, but am wondering about the protective film. Any input on these two items is welcome.
    Thanks, at least I know I'm not alone and that when GM finally does assign a build date it isn't that far into the future.
  • steph7steph7 Posts: 2
    I order my Envoy SLT with 1SG package on March 13. Order was accepted by GMC on April 10 and the build date was scheduled for May 14. I have been in touch with my dealer and indeed it was built on May 14. Only problem now, they don't know where it is...
  • earlcearlc Posts: 34
    I have had others also say they thought pewter was a shade of silver. Sometimes though with the light at a certain angle on the pewter TB it looks like a light gold color. Anyway it is a very unusual color to me and I really do like it.
    I didn't need to hear that, ouch. It sounds like you have more patience than me. Good Luck!
  • jw4gmjw4gm Posts: 27
    I'm trying to order a Bravada with 2w drive in sandalwood. So far, neither the color nor the 2w drive seem to be available. Does anyone out there have information on when either of these options will be available? If so, please post.