Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• scottc454scottc454 Posts: 356
    There was a problem with cylinder sleeves cracking in the 2002's. They admitted this and extended the warranty to 100,000 miles. I don't know if it's all 02's or just the early ones. You should have received a letter from them if your warranty has been extended.
  • quickdtooquickdtoo Posts: 266
    The extended engine warranty applies to all triplets built during calender year 2001. You should have received the letter last june if your mailing address hasn't changed since you bought your envoy. I have the letter saved as a jpeg file if you would like a copy emailed to you.
  • envoyenvyenvoyenvy Posts: 24
    Just wanted to see if anyone has experienced this noise. When I cranked the engine yesterday, I heard what sounded like a piece of paper being hit by a medium speed fan blade. Sounded like it was coming from in front of the console, and it was pretty loud. Noise was intermittent, and has not occurred again. Didn't seem to be affected by adjusting the AC.

I have an '02 SLT 4WD. Any ideas?
  • ross1962ross1962 Posts: 229
    Did you check under the hood for cats, rats, or other dismembered critters?
  • envoyenvyenvoyenvy Posts: 24
    That I could find...
  • pepper50pepper50 Posts: 195
    Is bulb replacement for headlights, tail lamps, blinkers, etc. covered under warranty? Thanks.
  • kpp14kpp14 Posts: 62
    My right side mirror now remembers everything…….amazing new feature ive reclaimed. I previously would hit the mem button several times before it found its original position at best. Its now worked for a whole week, since washing the truck. I had pushed the mirror to its limits left, right , up and down several times (makes a heck of a ratcheting noise) to dry the puddle that forms inside it so that it doesn’t splatter down the doors. I do that all the time but this time in four directions (not electrically) and the truck was running. Ever since then it works / remembers !! Someone with failing mirrors try this and we will see if it works twice or am I just lucky? Why would it start working properly?
  • hardhawkhardhawk Posts: 702
    My guess is that it relates to the rear heat/ac system in the console. Every once in a while I get the same noise when the system shifts from one set of vents to another. Very rare but that is my best guess. If you pin it down let us know!
    "Is bulb replacement for headlights, tail lamps, blinkers, etc. covered under warranty?"

I don't know what the official word is, but I had two brake lights replaced under warranty. Note that there is a defect where the brake lights burn out prematurely. There is a service bulletin on this and they will replace a circuit board to remedy it. Mine is fine after the fix.
  • twinrottstwinrotts Posts: 161
    Steve - I read in one of the other boards that you have a Yakima Rack.
    Do you have it on your triplet and if yes, what length crossbars did you use?
    I plan to install the rack and carry 3 Kayaks on top. My tendancy would be to install the longest bars available (78") for the versatility.
    Longest recommended however are 58"
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,041
    My Yak rack goes on my Quest minivan. I used to carry two canoes side by side a lot when I was boating more, so I went with the long bars (78").

Having a higher vehicle helps prevent the knock-out syndrome when you get out of the rig and forget the racks are up there (ouch!). But if you are tall, go for the narrower racks, especially if you are just hauling river kayaks. Those you can stack on edge and you don't really need the extra width as much.

Mine are the tower kind btw, and usually live in the garage.

Steve, Host
  • gator36gator36 Posts: 294
    Bulbs are covered under the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. They are not covered under any of the extended warranties offered by GM.
  • dlaredlare Posts: 43
    About 4500 miles ago (39500 mi currently on the truck), I had my 02 TB EXT in for a repair of the front end clunking/rattling. They replaced one of the sway bar links at that time. It seemed to lessen the noise, but not totally eliminate it. I was OK with it at the time.

Today I brought it back in because the noise was gradually getting worse. The service consultant had me drive around the block down some yucked up roads to see if I could generate the noise - no problem. They ended up replacing both of the links this time and now I'm amazed at the difference in the steering feel and the beautiful silence!

On my way home, I took the worst roads that I could find and didn't hear a single clunk or rattle and I keep marvelling at the nice steering feel. I didn't realize how bad it had become over time.

If you have any of the front end noise, make sure they replace BOTH of the links.

Dean
  • Thats interesting about warranty on 02s. I just purchased a 02 LTZ Trailblazer, 23000 mi. How would I find out if mine would be covered?
    Anyone tell me where to get a good looking splash garde for the trailblazer.
  • 01_hoe01_hoe Posts: 273
    Do you by any chance have the part #'s for the items replaced in your TB? TIA
    "...make sure they replace both of the links"

Thanks for the advise. I'm actually going in soon to get this done. Do you know if the links have been re-designed, or if it's the same problematic design?
  • scottc454scottc454 Posts: 356
    Check the build date - it's on tag on the inside of the driver's door.
    If it was built in 2001, it's covered by the extended warranty.

I'm not sure which is better, to have the extended warranty because of a possible problem, or not have the warranty because the problem was fixed.

I think I'd rather have a build date in 2002 and not have the warranty.
    At 63000 miles, I hope I've gone far enough that my cylinder sleeves are fine.
  • dlaredlare Posts: 43
    They didn't write the part numbers on the sheet they gave me. I asked the service manager if they were redesigned or the same old thing. He said they're the same as the old ones.

Dean
  • kpp14kpp14 Posts: 62
    Heres what my work order said for the same problem:
    "Replace front sway bar link rods (loose rods causing noise)" R&R front stabilizer shaft at control arm. Link kit 12479231 and 12479233.
  • ann1ann1 Posts: 12
    Does anyone hear any clicking noise every time they press their brake while in park on their Envoy's. You can hear it coming from your gear shift. The dealer tells me it's normal.