Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• Regarding the tach noise, it is very hard to notice (at least it was on mine) unless you turn off the radio and AC fan. Then you could rev the engine up to around 1000 and as it dropped back to idle it would make grinding / rustling noise.

I went ahead and mentioned it to the dealer because I just wanted to make sure there was no problem with premature failure. The dealer replaced the entire instrument cluster which did fix the problem.

Wanted to ask a question though. On my original gas guage, the needle would go a little past full when the truck was totally refueled. The new gas guage will not register all the way full, goes to the last tick before full and that is as far as I have been able to get it to go, even after topping off the tank. My Envoy is a 2002, so I was wondering if the gas guages had changed in the last couple years (maybe folks were running out of gas thinking they had more fuel than they did, or some such thing???)

Anyone else seen this or is mine just mis-calibrated a bit? Every car I have seen registers a bit over when full...
  • polespoles Posts: 23
    i have the same problem with my 02 TB. i took it to the dealership about this problem and they told me it was an exhaust leak. they fixed it, but the ticking noise came back. so i am going to take it in in a couple of weeks
  • I too had the IC replaced on my '02 Envoy. Was done at about 30K, now have 48K. The gauge needles all appear to register the same.
    Around the time the IC was replaced I noticed something different though. The points of all the needles seem to have a 3D effect (only at the tips) against the gauge background. I am not complaining. Because I get tired of my seating position from time to time I might now have a viewing angle of the dash that permits the 3D effect. In other words it could be unrelated to the IC replace.
    Chris
  • 01_hoe01_hoe Posts: 273
    May be just a little mis-calibrated. I put a white face gauge panel in my Envoy from NR Automotive. I had to remove and then reinstall all the needles. The needles will come off and can be reinstalled to better reflect your readings.
  • Funny, I also noticed the 3D effect. On mine it is almost like the ring around the gauges is lit up now, but with a dot at the tip of the needles.

I thought that was pretty cool, but wasn't sure if it was different or just my imagination.
  • Yeah, I was watching a show on TV where they did a cluster replacement and they mentioned to note where the needles were so they could be matched up on the new cluster.
  • polespoles Posts: 23
    was that on the show "Trucks". i would really like to see a TV show raise up a TB and do dome cool things to it.
    poles
  • n7donn7don Posts: 188
    There's a red wire that needs to be hooked up to the fuse box that's right behind the battery. Take the lid off the fuse box and the terminal will be on the engine-side and front of the fuse box. Hook the red wire, which should be close, to this terminal. If it's already hooked up you've got other problems.
  • Naww, that red wire and all the fuses are all good and set up correctly. Thanks anyway.
  • WAIT! ...THAAAATTT red wire. There's actually a THIRD ring terminal, I thought you were referring to the main red terminal.

The last few posts got me looking for extra wires just lurking about, and YOU GUESSED IT! I FOUND ONE! WOOHOO!

The fuse block has an empty ring terminal on it next to the fuse designated for the trailer 12V lead. I thought that maybe that where you hook up a wire to it. I was ready to make my own when I noticed a suspicious bright red wire bulging out of a plastic wire harness. I pulled a little and voila! ...a little ring for a ring terminal was magically connected to its loose end. AND it was exactly the right size for that ring terminal I had just discovered.

After testing everything with my voltmeter, it's a done deal!

One note: The trailer battery will always be charging since the juice is ALWAYS on. So just unplug the wire harness when you are finished towing or you'll drain your TV battery (or maybe they'd equalize ...not sure on the results).

I'm happy. BUT why the he|| isn't this in the owner's mannual? If it weren't for the internet, I"d still be outta luck! Thanks to the folks that helped with their experiences and posts! You have made a difference and I'm thankful!

-Tony
  • I have rear air in my 04 Trailblazer EXT. The knob that is near the gear shifter turns it on and off for me. In the second row though, I have another panel, on the arm rest/storage bin in between the two front seats. How do you operate that one? I have tried every thing and cannot seem to get that one to work. Is there some special trick? I did not see anything in the owners manual, and do not want to look like a moron asking the dealer. I honestly think it is broken. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • Hello, just wondering where in IL you took your TB for the brake service? I am having the same broblem as well.
  • I'm not certain, but I seem to recall that I can control the center A/C from that very same knob near the shifter. The reason, when the kids have claimed it either to hot or cold in the center, I have just turned that knob. The difference is almost immediate.

On the main A/C controls (dashboard) there are no adjustments for the rear.
  • Have anyone had a problem with there 03 tralilblazer like the steering wheel making a rubbing sound, whirling sound. It was a tsb on it i took mine in and they have to put a steering support bearing on. So im wondering if anyone had that done and it took care of the sound thanks.ps all the work they did like my ckc engine light came on and a host of other things and ALL OF IT COVERED BY THE GM WARRANTY MAJOR GUARD SO I SAY BUY THE WARRANTY OF SAME COMPANY THAT MADE THE AUTO YOU CANNOT GO WRONG.
  • Thanks for the reply, but that did not answer my question. How does the control panel (in 2nd row of seats) work? I have turned it on with no A/C running in the back, and it does nothing. I have also tried it with it running. No change. How does it work, or am I right in thinking it is not working at all?
  • Greetings,
    Hopefully this will assist you in working the rear air controls.

1. In the front where the control knob is next to the driver turn the knob until it is on position "zero". This will allow you to control the air flow from the back. If you don't have it on that position riders in the back can't control the flow.

2. If the knob is turned to positions 1 thru 3 in the front then the driver has control over the flow of heat or air.

3. Try those tips and it should work out fine. If not hopefully the manual would assist you.
  • ...i would really like to see a TV show raise up a TB...

There's not much you can do to raise a 4WD TB. The front axle runs right through the oil pan.
  • I have tried that and I could not get the A/C to turn on. It sounds like I need to visit my dealer to get a warranty repair.

Thanks for the reply. That is how I thought the system is supposed to work. I am glad I am not losing my mind.
  • ficussficuss Posts: 541
    My dealer is Jennings Chevy in Glenview Il. It sounded like GM was authorizing the no cost rotor changeout. Any dealer should do it.
  • i just recieved the notice in my email that i got the recall for the wiper moter. here is my question. i am in the military and i am stationed overseas. i bought the vechile through the base exchange and they dont service the vehicles. so who do i need to go to. if anyone has any kind of info it would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks