Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• snokingsnoking Posts: 47
    New Tahoe looks more like the triplets than the old Tahoe. SNOKING
  • tblazedtblazed Posts: 945
    CCA isn't the whole story though. If you let a vehicle sit for extended times, "Reserve Capacity" - how many hours it can sit before a no start condition - is more relevant in that situation. Most batteries that are designed for higher RC and deeper discharging-recharging will have slightly less CA or CCA.
  • gmfangmfan Posts: 188
    I drove by my dealership to see what kind of vehicles are left. Let me tell you the lot was empty! I hope GM across the board did well on red tag event. I saw a few Tahoes and Silverado 1500's. There were two, only two, Trailblazers on the lot and this is a decent size dealership. Does that mean my dealership is in trouble or would you say that is a good sign? It is the only Chevy dealership in town. The Buick/GMC dealership also has very little inventory, has only one Rainer on it and no Envoys! Toyota, the only foreign dealership in town, has full inventory. What is going on?
  • jsc5jsc5 Posts: 3
    Just curious...I have an '03 Trailblazer EXT and the dash vents ONLY are not working.......all other vents seem to operate...could this be a resistor problem as well? This problem exists whether the a/c is on or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • quarquequarque Posts: 41
    NBC nightly news announced last night that for the first time in many years Chevy beat Ford last year in sales and also TB beat Explorer in sales. Maybe that explains the empty lots!
  • rad225rad225 Posts: 15
    There is a motorized air damper door under the dash that can fail. You will get air at your feet but not at your face. Try raising and lower the temperature selector from 60 to 90 degrees and see if the heater /AC control system moves the air damper.
    Good luck, hope you are under warranty.
  • No help on this? Anyone? :confuse:
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,021
    I guess trying to tweak OEM navigation systems is hard; there's occasional similar complaints over in the Navigation / GPS Systems discussion with various makes. You may try searching sites like this one.

Steve, Host
  • I am having the same exact problem. Did you ever find out what the problem was? For the life of me, I can not figure out why (when I cut the wheel hard to the left or right), the vehicle stutters on acceleration as if it can't overcome the resistance in the front cv joints. It's starts bucking and carrying on like something is seriously wrong and ultimately can not negotiate the delivery of torque to the hubs when the cv's are in a maxxed out turn. Other thab that, driving in a straight line is fine.
  • I had the exact same symptoms on my 02 Bravada - it seems like it is stuck in 4 wheel drive. There are a couple of bulletins on the transfer case. Mine was the actuator motor/sensor which required a new 4wd computer because the replacement is an updated design. Also there is a bulletin on "flushing" the transfer case because the original fluid causes the clutch packs to stick. Bite the bullet and have this done at a dealer. I saw other postings of people complaining about whining sounds from the front wheels - this is the same problem - get it fixed before you tear up your front CV joints!
  • Thanks Steve, I didn't realize there were specific forums on those topics, thanks!
    Unfortunately, the problem still exists after trying the temp from 60 to 90. Exactly as you said, though, air at feet, but not at face. What would GM or any other part vendor name the air damper? Can't seem to find it, just hoping to get a ballpark price. Thanks for the information.
  • tblazedtblazed Posts: 945
    Probably what you need is the "mode door actuator" that controls the air through the outlets, part number 89018539. There have been previous messages about this exact thing so you might do a search. There is a new simpler procedure the dealer should know about to replace it in much less time than before.
    Thank you very much for the response!
  • Sorry, odd Subject line, but didn't know how to phrase it better. :) My 02 Envoy SLT has a very loose feel while driving. Hit a bump and it feels the front wheels/undercarriage are wobbly and loose. I've owned the car since new, but am suddenly very aware of this unsturdy feel. Taking to the dealer next week to have the driver's window repaired (roll it down, sometimes...it doesn't want to go back up). Any tips on how to direct the dealer? Could this be the sway bar issue? Thanks!
  • gmfangmfan Posts: 188
    It does sound like the sway bar.
  • 01_hoe01_hoe Posts: 273
    Agree with gmfan, sounds like the front sway bar. Either the bushings or the end links, or both. Do you hear any clunking when turning or hitting bumps?
    If you are at all handy with tools, this is a pretty easy DIY. And I would suggest unless you have a warranty that covers this repair, to replace the end links with Moog links, as they can be greased. The OEM ones can't. Moog will last longer because of this. Moog links cost about $25.00 each.
  • Hello and thanks for the replies. I received a call from the dealer -- they replaced the front stabilizer links and half shaft boot. I have an extended warranty.

Everytime I make a trip in, I always include the bump/surge/clunk....not w/ great hopes of resolution, but it's interesting to hear the report each time (interesting in an exhausting way that is). Yesterday, the reply was "yes, we felt the car clunk and surge forward, and this is normal operation". I was told this is normal behavior as the car settles into position. WOW....When I asked "ok, so mechanically, what is 'settling' and causing this...." I was told, "the car; it's settling". After a round about of tiring lack of logic conversation; ie, he was frustrated that I wouldn't take an ambiguous "normal" behavior rationale, and I was frustrated that he could not explain the mechanical reason for the bahvior, we quit. I did tell him about the Sun Gear issues, and he would not "authorize performing this unless there was reason". So, I suppose the car will need to completely seize before this will be addressed.

Any solutions to the tiring clunk/surge/normal behavior stuff? I'll just keep noting it on all work requests. But, I do not think this is normal behavior. He told me that all Envoys do it; but stopped short on this when I asked him whether it would occur should I test drive a new Envoy.
  • 01_hoe01_hoe Posts: 273
    Glad you got the front end fixed. Regarding the bump etc. does yours have the air suspension in the rear?
    I had an '03 Envoy with the air suspension, and it had the problem you describe with the bump etc. Never got it fixed, bought an '05 Envoy Denali that also has the air suspension and 5.3L V8. No symptoms as yet. No one with '05s complaining on other forums. Perhaps GM figured out the problem and fixed it, just not telling anyone what it was.

Does sound like the service person is blowing some smoke to avoid direct discussion and possible repair.
  • Hi. Yes, my Envoy has the air suspension. One of the times it was in, I was told this was the issue, and they could disable/remove the air suspension. Uuhhhh, that's a costly option to just remove....how about fixing?! I think you are right; there is no fix. The clunk is quite forceful; the first time I felt it, I thought I had been hit. My concern is that something is being damaged. But I have been 'assured' "it is not causing damage". My comfort level is low. Thank you for your reply!