Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• rj123456rj123456 Posts: 128
    Not sure why those images won't display but the URLs are:
    link title

link title

link title
  • 01_hoe01_hoe Posts: 273
    Sounds like the fan clutch needs replacing. GM has a newer fan clutch that should be used. If DYI, the PCM will need a flash to ensure new clutch works as designed. If no warranty an independent shop should charge less than dealership. Get estimates.
    Also suspect bad ignition switch. Read on another forum owner was actually able to disassemble the existing switch, clean and reassemble. Switch worked fine after cleaning.
  • wpkelleysrwpkelleysr Posts: 51
    Try this easy fix.

Bang the starter motor a couple of times with a tire iron. I'm serious. I own an 02 TB and an 02 Envoy - and have had this problem from time to time. If it reoccurs, sooner or later you have to replace the starter moter because the solenoid is integral.

Give it a try and let me know.

- WPK
    Bought a set of Bilstein HDs from eshocks.com a month ago. Cost approx $240 for set of four. Took them to Big O Tires (Sonora, California). Cost $149 to install (No alignment or anything else, just install).

- WPK
    If you had the front shocks (struts) replaced, then you really should have the alignment checked.
  • chootschoots Posts: 21
    My 02 Envoy's air conditioner will be working fine until I stop for some reason and let it sit for a few minutes. When I re start, and go on my way the a/c will not be cooling. I have found that if I stop again and just turn the ignition off and then back on the a/c will start working. Anyone else had this problem? Thank you for any help you can give me.
    Carl
    Yup. Good point. These tires are already pretty trashed though - so I was going to wait until I replace them in the fall....

- WPK
    Sorry nothing to do with Bilsteins, but hoping that wpkelleysr will see this...WPK, can you please help me with the outside air temp sensor since you replaced yours (per post #17253). I just can't figure out where the sensor is (see posts #17796 & 17799).

THANKS!
  • aerogirlaerogirl Posts: 1
    I have an 04 Envoy, and when you get in the car and go to pull on the seat belt to put it on, the seat belt is sometimes stuck and will not pull. Anyone have a similar problem and know how to fix? This happens on both the driver and front passenger seatbelts.
    On my '02 Envoy XL SLT I never had this problem with the driver's side, just the front passenger side. In some sense this is a feature, the seat belt locks with acceleration and has to be fully retracted before the passenger can put it on again.

However, I had a related problem where the front passenger side belt was stuck in a halfway position and just got it fixed last week. GM was kind enough to pay for 50% of the repair.

Search for "passenger seat belt" or "passenger seatbelt" in this forum and you should see several posts about this. Get it fixed ASAP while you still have it under warranty.
  • snokingsnoking Posts: 47
    There a TSB on this. Pull out hard and then feed a little slack into the unit to release it. Allowing the belt to run in fast when getting out causes it to lock. SNOKING
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Posts: 414
    Hi, this is from the tsb for this problem:

This condition generally does not require replacement of any parts. This condition is the result of allowing the belt to enter the retractor at a high rate of speed. If the belt is allowed to go all the way back into the retractor very quickly, it is possible that the force of the belt stopping suddenly against the seat back will vibrate the retractor. This vibration "fools" the retractor into thinking that the vehicle is changing velocity. The normal function of the retractor under this condition is to lock the belt.

How to Correct or Eliminate the Condition

The only way to completely eliminate the condition is not to allow the belt to retract back all the way into the retractor quickly. The fast retraction usually occurs when the customer holds the latch while unbuckling and guides the webbing into the retractor quickly until it's fully stowed. As long as the customer guides the belt at a slower rate of speed, the retractor will work consistently without locking. Also, if the customer unbuckles the belt and lets the webbing retract on its own (without guiding it), there is generally enough friction from the belt against clothing to slow down the belt so it won't lock when it fully stows.

If the customer does allow the belt and latch plate to retract quickly, the retractor can easily be restored to normal operation. Simply pull on the belt to create some slack in the webbing and pay back some of the webbing into the retractor. Slack can also be created by pushing on the foam at the top of the seat back. After a maximum of 10 mm (0.39 in) of webbing is introduced into the retractor, it will unlock and function again. Please demonstrate this action to your customer. After an explanation and demonstration, most customers should be able to unlock the retractor without a problem. You may give a copy of this bulletin to your customer for further reference.

If this does not work or is difficult, then you should take it back to dealer and have them replace the unit, as there are no adjustments that I am aware of.
    Hope this helps.
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Posts: 414
    It looks like this:
    http://www.carspace.com/atfdmike/.59a452a0!v=

It is behind the grill (valance). It snaps in and is found by following the two wire conduit that it is connected to from the wire harness. Not hard to change, but work to get to! Good luck.
  • ross1962ross1962 Posts: 229
    The ride is very much improved. That along with the Hotchkiss kit has really made a difference. Now why couldn't it have come like this out of the box? There is no harshness at all, just a nice stable ride.
  • ross1962ross1962 Posts: 229
    My dealership quoted me $350. I went to my other mechanic and they quoted me $255. Still high, but hey, $95 difference? Anyway, it's the coil-over-shock design that does it. 3 hours labor for both front and back.
  • mookie14mookie14 Posts: 252
    Can someone tell me how they got rid of the clunking in the front end it does this on the Tblazer when i go over something simple like a bump. I will be replecing my oem shocks with bilstein hd so i hope that will do it i hope so let me know someone thatnks.
  • psobkiewiczpsobkiewicz Posts: 20
    What model # are the Bilstein HD shocks for the Envoy? Thanks!
    Replace the front stabilizer bar end links with MOOG links and allso replace the front sway bar bushings.
    No prob.

I looked at your photos. You're close, but it's actually off to the side more, between some metal and the front of the radiator.

I'll try and post a diagram that I have on my gallery.

- WPK