Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• seifordseiford Posts: 68
    Sunday I had the back hatch on our 2003 Envoy DROP when I went to close it. It hit my hand, but I was able to pull it out before getting it totally smashed in there.

The cause was that the left (driver) side shock on the hatch came off the top mounting ball. As I looked at it closer, I could see that the mounting ball was very loose.

I was able to fix it tonight by removing the plastic side trim on the hatch (on the sides of the window) and then tightening the nut that is on the backside of the mounting ball.

So next time you have the hatch open, take a peek at the shock mounts and make sure they are tight. I'll be keeping a close eye on mine from now on.
  • burdawgburdawg Posts: 1,524
    Personally I don't care for those shock type supports. You never really know when they have become weak and are only barely supporting the weight of the hatch/hood they are holding up. Add some wind to the mix and you can have a real bad situation. Suffice it to say that I recommend you take care when standing under the hatch when it's propped open. It doesn't hurt to pull down on it a little after opening it to verify that it has some force holding it open.
    I had an incident many years ago with a Taurus I once owned where the hood closed while I was leaning over the engine changing the plugs on the rear bank. I must have looked pretty funny with the hood laying on my back and only my legs sticking out the front. Fortunately nobody had a camera at the ready so there's no lasting record of it, and it didn't whack me on the head so I survived.
  • ktliu777ktliu777 Posts: 1
    Wow. Are you saying they couldn't fix it and gave you your money back ? I have a 2004 with low miles where the ABS and brake lights stay on, and the air conditioning doesn't work. Did the AC go out on your LS as well ?

Too bad it is out of warranty. Sounds expensive.
  • snokingsnoking Posts: 47
    This has nothing to do with the vehicle. My wife had the same problem with her Verizon cell phone when she hardly used it. It drops out of their system if not used very often. So push Onstar once and a while, and stay great you guys are still there, and I am here, thanks l8r. SNOKING
  • Karen@EdmundsKaren@Edmunds Posts: 5,024
    A national personal finance magazine is looking to interview consumers who own a car which has cylinder deactivation technology and is happy/unhappy with the fuel mileage it receives. Please send an e-mail to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, July 3, 2006 by 2:00 PM PST/5:00 EST containing your daytime contact information and what car you own.

Thanks,

Chintan Talati

Corporate Communications

Edmunds.com

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• Does anyone know if changing those rear swaybar bushings is expensive /difficult to do? I have been told that they are worn and I wont pay dealership prices for service. Tblazed you have done many repairs on TBs..is this easy? :D

• :( Wow, you would think my dealership would be glad to have the resolution to my 2 year old "we don't know how to fix the" issue. Can you believe, they will not do this (even though the issue is verbatim the same) because "you have an envoy, this is a ranier" I called and updated my GM open case w/ this information and, after dealing w/ the initial snootiness :cry: the customer service rep called my dealer but amazingly, the manager was not there.

Essentially, I have no advocate. My dealership mgr did offer that I could always buy a new car. He got quite an answer.

So, I'm left w/ the open case w/ GM, no resolution (even though I have researched and supplied the fix)and zero promise of any correction. Any advice? I guess the idea of "triplets" isn't really true....... :sick:

Thanks!
  • quarquequarque Posts: 41
    What a shame that your dealer is such a ____head (fill in your own adjective). Now I see why that guy drove his car right through the front window of his dealer's showroom back in '03 and said "oops, the breaks don't always seem to work right." He had been to the dealer 9 times for the same brake problem and they told him there was no problem even though he demonstrated the intermittent lack of brake boost to a tech there (excessive pedal pressure to stop the car). His wife and he had both rear-ended cars because of it. The story did not indicate the final resolution but I'm sure he was satisfied, regardless. I believe there was over $35,000 damage to the place - about equal to the price of the new car he bought there.

I fail to understand why some dealers are so unsupportive after a sale is made. I thank my lucky stars I have a top-notch Buick dealer in Seattle for all my work. They go above and beyond on everything. They sell Envoys too!
  • tblazedtblazed Posts: 945
    Yes pretty much a straight forward job with simple tools if you don't mind getting under it. Are you sure they meant the bushings only, and not the links too? The links are usually what wear out first, and start rattling over minor bumps.
  • What a shame that your dealer is such a ____head (fill in your own adjective).

I know, it is very disappointing. And when he said "all cars have problems (ie, it's not just GMCs)" he's totally missing the point. I don't disagree. I have had all maintenance work done by this dealer, worked diligently w/ him, following proper "chain of command", on this issue, and here I find the solution and he says, "we can't, but you can pay for it and then try to get reimbursed by GM." So much for service. So I suppose I will escalate at the dealership, and pursue my open case. But it's very disappointing. Sad thing that he was missing, I enjoy the car and just want it fixed. Will keep you posted.
  • rj123456rj123456 Posts: 128
    Try calling GMC. They paid for half of my seat belt repair even though it was out of warranty. There had been several problems reported on the seat belt and even some TSBs on it so perhaps that why they were good about it.
  • I did call GMC and "reopened" my 2-year old case, asking that the "fix" details be forwarded to engineering. Really, my confidence that this will happen is non-existent. The customer service rep called me today and said "we talked w/ your service manager. while we understand the car is broken and you have identified the fix, we cannot authorize repair since GMC has not identified a fix". Have you ever heard anything like that?!

My dealer claims "useless" and suggests that I pay for the repair and then file w/ GM. When I said this to the rep, she said "oh no, we would never pay for that when it's not been identified as a fix".

So she assured me that I had done all that is necessary to document the issue. HELLO, this document has been going on for 2 years; and GM is not even willing to take the research that I/we have provided and fix my car. Just make the repair or send an engineer or let me call them!

I'm currently spent; trying not to get annoyed. My service rep offers nothing except "when I hear, I'll call you". Yes, oh that's right, I'm confident that will happen. Sorry for the sarcasm, but that's reality.

So, if anyone has any suggestions on how to get GM to implement GM's solution, please let me know. It's a frustrating circle, which I try to forget; then I come to a stop and the car clunks and surges (now doing that 3 or 4 times at once). :cry: Thanks!!
  • gam2gam2 Posts: 306
    Kinda like saying "This fix worked on a blue truck, but yours is red" ! Gotta love it. Is there another dealer you can try?
  • gmfangmfan Posts: 188
    I finally went to a high volume dealership here in Atlanta, test drove an 06 LT short wheel base with the 5.3 and fell for it dark grey with black leather. I got the 0% finance deal and traded in my 02 TB. I am going to miss the 02 since it was a good vehicle. The only thing I notice on my new vehicle is a little wind noise on the passenger rear window like the window is not all the way up and a rumbling when braking in the 10-20 mph range when coming to a stop. Funny thing about the rumbling is it does not do it when stopping in neutral. Sure hope my drivetrain is working correctly.
    -gmfan
  • Kinda like saying "This fix worked on a blue truck, but yours is red" !

I know. It's so sad it has me temporarily.....stymied. :confuse:
  • kudronkudron Posts: 32
    Has anyone had to replace their ECAS air pump? I ran over a baseball sized boulder at a construction site that bounced off of the undercarriage of my 02 Envoy a couple of weeks ago and the ECAS hasn't worked since. If anyone has any pictures/diagrams that would be appreciated. Any ideas of the price and how difficult the replacement is.
  • 01_hoe01_hoe Posts: 273
    There was an Envoy owner on another forum that replaced his ECAS compressor. He bought a used one on Ebay, put it in and was good to go. This is an expensive repair at dealership.
  • malibu99malibu99 Posts: 305
    Hmmm good questions......if its the links...that is more difficult isnt it?
  • Sometimes it starts and other times it doesnt. It does not turn over, does not click, makes no soound. I wait a few minutes and then it will start. Any suggestions? I have had it at two Chevy dealers and they can find no codes or anything wrong.