Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Impala "REDUCED ENGINE POWER" message

Comments

• I had the same repair done at my dealer but it cost me more..$461
  • jtaftjtaft Posts: 1
    I had the same issue in my 2009 Impala...it was a loose rear sway bar link...just replace the link, cheap fix...
  • roberta13roberta13 Posts: 1
    Wow...should I just write ditto!
    2009 Impala, I got the traction control~reduced engine power~service throttle starting disabled, yesterday.
    If I had gone one more mile without the car stalling, I would not have had cellular service. Called AAA and it took them 20 minutes to track down my exact location. I travel a lot of rural areas and would hate for this to happen when I was without phone service.
    If GM doesn't want to issue a recall, maybe Impalas should come with lifetime Onstar service!
    I previously had a 2004 Hyundai Sonota with 175,000 miles. Never once did I have an issue with that car. I wish I had kept it.
  • I just bought a 2009 Impala with 91,000 miles on it for $5500. The catch is it was in a wreck and repaired. The CARFAX did say there was a wreck in Oct of 2011 when it hit a guard rail due to mechanical failure. I would assume those things were fixed as well but I guess I'll find out. At least I know what's comin! :(
  • I am having the same issues. brought a new battery friday and it started. on sat my husband drove it to work and went to the store and thee car wouldn't start. Got a jump and once we got home we were back at square one. Triple A came out and gave us a boost said that something was killimg the battery. took the car to O'rielly's and they said it was the alternator and the computer system. i will be taking the car to the dealership and explain to them whats going on, but i will make sure I inform them of the proir complaints about these cars. I small children that i transport everyday and i refuse to put there lives in jeopardy while they sit back and ignore the severity of the electrical that they should be fixing. They should do a recall on to many pople are hving the same issues. :mad:
  • mrasco1mrasco1 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I am having the same exact issue!! Lights appeared this morning "service stabilitrak and engine power reduced" and it's making a ticking noise thats coming from my glovebox!! my car is a 2010 also!! im so aggravated, i am a single mom of 3 and can't afford to have a car that is a lemon ESPECIALLY when there is a known issue!!! Flooding GM and/or getting the media involved might not be such a bad idea especially after seeing there are so many. this is BS, and it's obvious nothing is being done about it. :cry: :mad:
  • file a complaint with safercar.gov
  • unfourtunately i have a 07 impala
  • I called you but a woman answered the phone and when i asked for you she asked who i was, i responded but she hung up on me. so if you know of the problem plz email it back to me. thank you.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    The post was removed - we don't permit phone numbers to be posted here.

Additionally, it would be of WAY more value if the solution were just posted here, where everyone could see it without having to take the additional step of emailing or calling. If someone's got a solution, post it here! That's why we host the forums in the first place - to provide a venue for people to get help, right here.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• whats the name of this petition so i can sign
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    mrasco1,
    I apologize for your frustrations and inconvenience. Have you spoke with GM Customer Assistance? Can you please email me with your VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and complete contact information including mailing address? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Ok well I'm hoping that my issue is resolved. We repalced the starter and my car started right up my husband will drive the car for a week to assure the proble is solved. the part is not that expensive. Hope this helps those that need some relief on the outragous repair prices. i will keep you posted on how things are going. Good Luck!
  • Try having your starter replaced it worked for my car and i haven't had no problem. but ill repost next week to assure you. Good luck!
  • jessielee1jessielee1 Posts: 2
    edited August 2012
    I bought my 2008 Impala on December 15 2012 and exactly 3 months later is the first time the engine power is reduced light came on, I took it to the dealer and the said it was the throttle pedal assembly so I had it replaced, two weeks later the light came on again. This time they said it was a pinched wire and that although it wasn't covered under warranty they would replace it as a courtesy. Then in June I was involved in an accidents and the light came on again, this time they said the computer was jarred so they rest it. Then yesterday I was sitting at a stop sign waiting to turn and when I went to accelerate my car stalled in the middle of the road and a car coming off the bridge almost smashed into my. I had my 3 small children in the car with me at the time so it was very scary so i decided to turn around and go home in which it stalled out on me 4 more times within 5 miles. I am a single mother of 3 and dont have all this extra money to be putting into problems with a new car that you would think should be covered under warranty. This issue is obviously endangering alot of people, when is something going to be done
  • Jessielee, you should send a message to rmasco1 the GM customer service rep so they can get more documented info for this problem. :)
  • Correction, that's mrasco1. Sorry :)
  • Where do I go to do that?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,057
    Jessielee1,
    If you are experiencing concerns and would like to contact GM Customer Service you can email us directly at Socialmedia@GM.com. The only GM Customer Service Representatives on this forum at this time are me and gmcustsvcsarah. I hope this information helps.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    mrasco1 is just a vehicle owner, not a representative of GM. That member won't have any idea what you're talking about if you email him/her. Post above mine has the email to contact the GM customer service reps who post here: Socialmedia@GM.com

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews