Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee bad smell coming into cabin

have a 09 jeep grand cherokee and I am getting a metallic or carbon order into the cab. It seems to be worse on the drivers side and if the car sits for a day or two with the windows up in the garage, when you open the doors it smells like burnt plastic really bad. I have had it into 2 different dealers and both say they can't find anything wrong. Now they won't even look at it. I had a 2008 and everything was fine with that one until I had to have a ESM valve replaced and then it started having an odor as well. I traded it in for the 2009 and still getting an carbon odor smell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Amy

Comments

• I have the same problem in my 2001 GC. not sure what it is but have to run with the recirculating air button on all the time.
  • I bought a 2009 Jeep Grand Cheokee Larado. A week after I bought it from the dealer, it smelled moldy and sour. I brought it back and they said they would change the Fluid in the Trasmission. I could tell they didn't want to deal with it. It still smells and I'm going back for a second time. Do any of you have this problem? If so, how did you resolve it? I bought the car out in La Mesa which is in San Diego County. It's really bad and causes my Asthma to start up. Thank you....
  • bet92bet92 Posts: 1

i have the same problem on my grand cherokee diesel 2008, does some body have an answer? Thanks

bet92