Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Enclave Audio Problems

I have a 2011 Enclave purchased in Aug, 2010. The audio features have stopped working numerous times. Nothing works, no onstar, no blue tooth, no radio, not even the noise for the turn signals. Had it in for service 4 times and they said they have a program issue. Just today I had a battery saving message and the heated and cooled seats not working. Anyone else having a problem. GM says Im the only one.

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,082
    Hello Achomes,
    I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. Do you currently have a case with GM? If so what is the case number? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • Thanks for your concern, my case # 71 871 090 179. As of today my dealer has said GM has given the permission to replace the radio. The radio should be installed tomorrow, tuesday the 21st. Hopefully this corrects the problem. One more concern is your case #'s. Wouldn't it be so much easier and wiser to use someone's phone number as the case number. That number is unique and so much easier to keep track of for you customer. Just food for thought! Hope the new radio solves the problem! Regards
    Hello Achomes,
    Keep me posted on how the repairs go. I think they use this system because people’s numbers do change often. But, I will pass that suggestion along for you. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • The dealer changed out my radio on tuesday, it seems to be ok. I did notice that the radio seems to have some different features working that may have not been working before. Thanks to the dealer Basil in Fredonia, NY and to GM, hope it works! Their service rep, Craig Carpenter is a professional and took charge of my problem.
    Hello Achomes,
    I am glad it did work out well for you. If anything arises in the future we are always here to help. Have a wonderful day!
    -Mariah GM Customer Service
  • I have the same exact problem on my 2009 Buick Enclave. It appears that I will need to contact my buick dealership as well!
  • after 3 times the replaced the radio and it has been fine for 2 months
    cwilcox12,
    Please keep me updated on your progress.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • lptuckerlptucker Posts: 3
    The left front speaker cuts out intermittenly.This speaker also controls voice command for nav. Dealer replaced speaker. Worked ok until I went over a couple of bumps and then cut out again. Something must be loose in system. Any suggestions
    lptucker,

I would encourage you take the vehicle back to the dealership that fixed the issue. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • al1000al1000 Posts: 1
    I have just been informed by my dealer that my radio blew up and needs to be replaced on my 2008 Enclave. No radio, onstar or phone is working. Have never had to replace a radio before on any vehicle that I have ever owned. Has anyone else had this type of problem with teh Enclave?
    al1000,

I apologize for the issue you have experienced with your vehicle. Please keep us posted when the issue has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • tom320tom320 Posts: 7
    I have had the same problem and thought I was crazy. My 1993 Colt Vista held up better than the Enclave. My radio works when it wants to. O recently took it in for AC issues and the radio is working fine. My car is out of warranty and I never got it replaced. I am really at my ends over all this because all the issues I have and had seemed to be the same ad everyone else's. Im filing a complaint immediately. I hope they make better cars now because my kids will never become a GM customer if they haven't fixed issues.
  • what did they say about the cooling seats. I have a 2011 and my cooling seats do not work.
  • Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar issue and if so, what did you do! About three days ago our audio stopped working in our 2009 Enclave. No sound at all; bluetooth, radio, NAV, turn signals... nothing. It is only the sound. Has anyone experienced this issue? What did you need to do? Also the rear seat controls work intermitantly - can't figure out when and why the stop and start. Anyone have this one as well???

We bought the Buick used. I'm not impressed with the level of quality on this vehicle. This is the first major issue with a lot of smaller things - seals, leaks, NVH issues on the brakes and steering. POOR workmanship and quality top to bottom!
    I’m sorry that your Enclave isn’t satisfying you as a driver. Fuse information is located in your owner’s manual on p. 5-92, which may be helpful for you to look into. If you have any questions or would like Customer Assistance, please email Christina.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Assistance
  • tpp123tpp123 Posts: 2
    I read through all of the other messages and do not see a real response to the inquiry concerning the audio going completely out in the 2008 & 2009 Enclaves. Is there a known problem? While driving today, I suddenly experienced a very loud static-like noise coming from my speakers that continued when I turned the radio off and worsened when I used the turn signals and brake. The noise continued after parking the vehicle and removing the keys and then the sound system was completely out and is now not working at all. Please help me with any knowledge you may have so I may get the audio repaired.
    tpp123,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. Have you spoke with your dealer of choice regarding your concerns? If not, I would definitely recommend doing so. Can you please email me directly with your VIN, current mileage, and dealer of choice? Please include your complete contact information. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
  • tpp123tpp123 Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply. I do have a case number now. It's 71-1074277479. I was working with someone on contacting a dealership in my area but it seems I am not receiving the same attention anymore. I was told that the vehicle needs to be diagnosed but was not happy about the diagnostic fee since it seems there is a known issue with the audio in the 08 & 09 Enclave. At this point any info or direction you can provide is appreciated. I am scared to have my children in the vehicle with me because the noise has continued for unknown reasons in short bursts. It is sudden and startling and can contribute to an accident. I just reached 68K miles and the VIN should be under the case number.
  • eemsueemsu Posts: 6
    I purchased/fell in love with a 2012 Enclave on 7/31/12. On a trip 2 days later my family and I noticed a persistent high pitch sound comming from the radio head unit. The noise literally gives me a headache every time I drive the vehicle. I downloaded a free iPhone app called iAnalyzerLite which displays the fundamental 9.06KHz noise component having a magnitude of 60dB emanating from the cd slot on the radio. You can amplitude modulate this at night with the light intensity adjustment which means it is a problem with the switching frequency of the electroluminescent display balast. Some junior electrical engineer or procurement bean counter is to blame for selecting switching components having a circuit resonant frequency in the audible spectrum.

The noise starts as soon as the door is opened and will stay on for a period of time with removal of the key. It's on all the time while the key in the ignition. With this said, my recent trip to a Buick service center yielded a few more data points 1) GM has issued bulletin "#PIT5166A: High Pitch Sound From Radio Display" which acknowledges the problem but issues a stop work on further repairs. According to this bulletin dated 6/28/12, GM engineering has no solution at this time and no timeline is provided. 2) I demonstrated this same problem exists in another enclave on the lot. 3) The bulletin is issued for 2012 enclave, traverse, Tahoe, Yukon, Acadia, Suburban, etc.... 4) Buick phone customer service will not provide me a corporate contact to find out what the schedule will be for resolution. 5) Having been through this process before with BMW, I have no choice but to be turned away from Buick service 2 more times next week to fulfill lemon law process requirements.

I can't believe I bought a $40k domestic vehicle that has a known unresolved problem topped with completely useless customer service that by all verbal evidence is outsourced to India.
  • Good evening eemsu,
    I'm sorry to read about the concern you're having with a high-pitched sound coming from your CD player. I see that you've already been in contact with our Customer Assistance Center; were you issued a Service Request number when you called in? Thank you for your patience!
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • eemsueemsu Posts: 6
    I've received nothing of value from GM or BUICK customer service, no numbers or phone numbers. I asked to go up the chain of authority but they will not tranfer me out of the India call center. I simply want to speak to a domestic GM corporate customer advocate to discuss the timeline for when this known problem is expected to be resolved. All I get instead are crickets. How can it be that a corporation refuses to answer the simple needs of its customers. I even emailed the Enclave product manager twice. No response!
  • Good evening eemsu,

I can understand how frustrating this can be when you have a concern with your vehicle and feel as though you are not getting answers. With a matter like this, it is difficult to predict when a solution will be discovered in order to provide any kind of time line. I would recommend staying in contact with your dealership for updates on this as they would have the most up to date procedures, and if you would like for us to officially document your concern with the radio display noise, please send the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

• hello, i have a 2008 enclave that just hit 70,000 and it was doing the same thing with the speakers and just today everything stopped working as well
    all radio turn signal sounds nav
    any help would be great
    thank you
  • Good morning just4fun12,

We're sorry to hear about the multiple concerns you've encountered with your Enclave and would be happy to get a Service Request going so we can look into it. If you're interested, please email us the following information to socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • We are planning to buy a 2012 Buick Enclave Premium group and wanted to get the dual headrest entertainment system. One question is : can we route the audio from the dvd system through the speakers or do we have to always use the wireless headphones?
  • charise1charise1 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    My sound system on my 2008 Buick Enclave has been doing the same thing... creating a loud popping noise (almost sounds like speaker is going to blow). After several episodes it has completely quit working. The radio goes on and you can change the station, but their is no sound coming out of the speakers along with the sound for the turn signal. I was told I could either replace the unit for $2,400 (VERY high) or have it repaired by an out of town vendor for around $500. I opted for the repair and am hoping for the best. I am shocked that this car would have such a significant problem requiring potential replacement for being so relatively new. Please advise me if there is any potential reimbursement from Buick for the well known problem. Thank you! = )
    charise1,

We hope that the repair goes well - keep us posted on this!

• bird70bird70 Posts: 1
    I have a 98 Enclave also, had the same popping sound and radio went dead. Called GM and they refused to help with such a known problem with their radios. Not a good customer experience
  • wwd123wwd123 Posts: 1
    Eemsu....we just purchased a new 2012 enclave and immediately noticed the high pitched sound coming from the head unit. Have you received any updated info on fixing this annoying problem?