Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saab 9-3 Maintenance and Repair

2»

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,897
    Since no Saab owners seem to have feedback, you might try our No Start Problems discussion. People with general automotive tech expertise often hang out there.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• trooper57trooper57 Posts: 1
    I have just experienced the same issue (both sides at the same time) and I am looking for a shop to perform the repairs. I am in Houston and generally use TAP-VPI but I am not sure they can handle this type of repair and they are only open weekdays. Of course this occurred last night, Friday night. Feel free to contact me directly at s0cc3r@suddenlink.net with any suggestions or advice.
  • dedmeatdedmeat Posts: 1
    I don't know if you resolved the issue, but I had the same problem on an 06. Turned out to be a bad crankshaft position sensor. $200 and two hours of work and the problem went away.
  • Thanks for the response. I sold my Saab because it just became too unreliable. The latest problem was intermittent failure of the air conditioning fan. When it failed the first time a dealer replaced the fan 'resistor, his name for it'. It worked, then failed again, then worked again with no intervention, so I sold the Saab. Consumer Reports rates the 2002 Saab 9-3 as a not buy.
  • me262me262 Posts: 1
    I was sure glad to here some one who know some much about Saab's as you.I'm the first owner of this car all service has been dun at Saab.It's almost time for it's 150,000 mile service.but any way it runs great starts every time dashboard precheck always states checking then OK.But every now and then it all most stalls,and sometimes does.I have ran into this before and it's the throttle botty sensor or it just needs to bee cleaned.I never have had to turn a wrench on my car.I love it and not sure if it's safe to use throttle body cleaner on it and not really sure where to put it.I am a muscle car guy.I do work for Microsoft and would be willing to trade my skills,all kinds of software,hardware and via telephone email.we could trade help.Please call charlie at 619-569-8770 or email convairb36@gmail.com Know matter what people may think I truly don't make much where I work.I cant drive403 rocket.
  • dgeblerdgebler Posts: 19
    I drive a 2007 9-3 2.0t convertible which I purchased last year. Without any warning (SID or sound) the engine died on the highway and I lost all power steering and brake functions.
    The car was towed to the dealer where they said it was the fuel pump had failed.
    Has anyone else had trouble with a fuel pump after only 35K?
  • samarasamara Posts: 8
    Know of at least two 2008 2.0t Saabs which crossed the 35K milestone with no fuel pump issues. You might also want to pose your question in the Saab Central site which is more active.
  • I just bought a used 04' 9-3 the fuel gauge was defective (always shows empty (fuse is good) i figd it would be a fairly easy/non-imperative fix then the windshield washer fluid stopped working i checked the fuse it was good when i put it back and tried again the washer fluid sprayed for about 3 secs then stopped checked again and fuse was still good i put it back and once again it worked for few secs then stopped... finally the cabin heater blower stopped working. im at a loss any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    Rick
  • My first guess is you have bought a car that was in a flood. I would take out each fuse, wipe it off with a rag damp with WD 40, spray a little WD 40 into the connection and put the fuse back in the connection.
2»