Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Commander Water Leak and Radio Problem

1235»

Comments

• jeepercreepjeepercreep Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I own a 2006 Limited 5.7 HEMI and had the same leaking problem. I followed the fix instructions in the YouTube video above () and it worked beautifully. NO MORE LEAKING!! Of course since I've already been swimming around inside my Jeep for the last year or so, my radio/nav screen just has lines across it (like a bar code) rendering the NAV useless. I was told by the Jeep dealer that I could do a swap out for $975. For that price I can get a better aftermarket radio/nav with bluetooth, wifi, HDD, etc. However, since this is an expense that could have been prevented by the manufacturer widening the grommet hole at the bottom of the sunroof drain tube, I feel that I should be reimbursed for my expenses. My carpets also are beginning to mold, so that is going to be a future expense. Oh, and to list my problems so far: radiator cracked and replaced, cylinder misfires, rough idle, broken sunroof, replaced cyl 5/7 lifter bank, cylinder 7 MDS solenoid replaced, pushrods-intake valve replaced, 4WD front and rear harnesses and actuator axle locker replaced. I bought the Jeep in April 2012 and as of today has 85K miles on it. (It began leaking around July/August 2012 at 65K-70K miles.)
  • robinclongrobinclong Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    I have a 2006 jeep commander the sunroof is leaking and now my u connect stopped working and also my door handles on the inside are broken. I have also had an incident where the right front ball joint broke when I was driving wont he road and my car slid across the road on the tire with it laying on the rim. Had we been going faster than 25mph we probably would not be here . I ended up costing me 1700 to fix and now to have this sunroof and blue tooth ( uconnect) issue it's driving me nuts. My ac is also making a noise when I turn it on now like something's in the fan... Any advice would be great ...I have the 2006 limited jeep commander with 5.7 hemi around 80,000 miles
  • nickisloannickisloan Posts: 1
    edited May 22
    I read several messages. I have a leak as well with my passenger side filling with water with a big rain. I love my car, just want it fixed, and now my radio does not work. If anyone has contacted a lawyer please let me know. Will get the blue tubes checked.
  • I wish I had read these messages prior to buying my 2008 Jeep Commander. It's like I have a swimming pool on the drivers side after it rains really hard. I have not heard of any recalls but I am certainly trying to find one. The smell in the car after it rains is horrible. That in itself is a health hazard. I cannot believe that Jeep would make a product that is so defective. Who wants to drive with a small puddle under their feet? Certainly not I. When I took it back to the dealership they told me that they don't think the shortage in the radio is connected with the water leaking but I refuse to believe that. This is really annoying. I will NEVER buy another Jeep Commander in my life.
  • thegalwaygirlthegalwaygirl Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    I have less than 100,000 miles on my 2006 jeep commander. The heating and cooling system has always been a problem. A week ago the blower stopped working and I am so fed up with constantly having it looked at and temporarily fixed that I was going to tough it out but of course the defogger does not work so I took it back today. Unable to diagnose or fix the problem the mechanic suggested that I contact Chrysler to see if there were any recalls due to this particular problem and that is how I found this site. I had water problems that were addressed by the dealership while it was under warranty and water problems after the warranty expired. I have had water on both the passenger and driver side. There has to be rust issues and mold issues as well. It was so bad, I kept the wet vac in the back of the jeep After I vacuumed, I then used 3 to 4 beach towels to soak up most of the remaining water. If I were in a position to donate the car, my conscience would cry! Has anyone had any problems with the heating or cooling system or with the blower? Thanks.
  • wswigwswig Posts: 14
    I have the exact same problems. I have been on this site for several years. We all have the same complaints. I have small leakage at the top of my windshield which is a safety problem. I haven't had a radio for years. I lost my blower a couple of months ago. I may have to get the blower fixed. We have to get everyone that has complaints to contact one party that may help us get these problems resolved. Good luck to you and hope we can get some support somewhere.
  • banner4gbanner4g Posts: 1

We also have a 2006 Jeep Commander with water leaking issues. But we do NOT have a sunroof. Have owned the vehicle for many years without problems, but now the passenger side foot well fills with water after a hard rain. It reeks of mold/mildew. The smell is almost unbearable. Even if we miraculously fix the leaking, I don't know that we will ever get rid of the stench.

I saw the video posted above for Commanders with a sunroof. Wondering if there is a similar hack for fixing the leak on Commanders without a sunroof.

1235»