Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Question on Selling CR-V to Dealership

smj4smj4 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in Honda
I took my car to the dealer to see what they would offer. They mentioned that as part of the process that it takes a day or two to get the check (after I sign the title). How do you protect yourself in this situation? I said I wanted to hold the title till I could pick up the check and they said no.

Comments

• Options
    tom017tom017 Member Posts: 16
    No dealer should hold a check. Find another dealer.
  • Options
    smj4smj4 Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me more about the process, at what point do I sign the title? Is it typical that they give me a check, and then I sign the title then head to the bank? Do they typically use cashier's checks? How do I know the process is going above board? I'm not familiar with how this goes...
  • Options
    sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    cashiers check or wire into your acct.
  • Options
    oinkyoinky Member Posts: 1
    When we sold our Civic back to the dealership, they gave us a receipt of how much we will be getting back for the car and what was left of the extended warranty. We turned in the car and returned the following day to pick up the check for the car. The check for the unused extended warranty took a few weeks (came from Honda hq) and it came in the mail. I'm not sure if this is how all dealership works, but that's what they did with ours.
This discussion has been closed.