Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Cadillac SRX Noises

2»

Comments

• So the suspension pretty much sucks on the SRX, I am convinced that this vehicle has the same suspension as a 20 year old buick! The Cadillac should just glide across the road, you should float when driving it. This 2010 we have rides rougher than the Superduty that I drive!

The gas tank? god where to begin on that one, sounds like I am hauling a load of water in a tank in the rear seat! Horrible, horrible design ! Yet GM is suppose to be working on a redesign to fix this by end of 2011, talk about being on the ball!

I have contacted gm cust. service, opened a BBB case and a case with the attorney general. Maybe someone wants to buy a used POS 2010 SRX? looks sharp, just makes ungodly noises for spending close to $50k!
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,963
    Does your gas tank make the thumping noise too? And does it happen just at certain gas levels in the tank?

Usually it's a slosh, and manufacturers put baffles in the tank to mask that sound. I don't know what GM is going to do about a thump.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• I purchased a 2010 SRX from Central Chevrolet in Jonesboro, AR. I have had the SRX back to the dealership over 4 times now. The dealership will not address the problem. Have contacted Cadillac Customer Service. They will not resolve the rear noise issue. Cadillac states they do not have a fix ... but are working on it. Have requested for Cadillac to give me a realistic time they will have the vehicle repaired or puchase the car back. They will not give me a fix date. Very disappointed with Cadillac and the Central Chevrolet in Jonesboro, AR. Not acceptable quality.

Have filled a lemon law claim with the Arkanasas Better Business Bureau. Now waiting for arbitration on this issue with Cadillac. Cadillac's approach is to give you the run around and not address its poor quality. I recommend for anyone reading this to not purchase any Cadillac...especially a 2010 SRX. I have changed dealerships to Glen Sain in Paragould Arkansas. Initial service call has been polite and responsive.

Will advise soon on outcome of Lemon Law Application. Recommend for other owners to take the same action.
  • noise1noise1 Posts: 5
    Good luck on the Lemon Law claim because you're not going to get any satisfaction from Cadillac or GM. I started this topic several months ago and my gas tank is still sloshing and thumping. Try turning the volume up on the radio.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,168
    neverbuyasrx,

Since you have spoken with Cadillac Customer Assistance, could you please send me the case number? I would like to look into the case.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • clyde333clyde333 Posts: 2
    Caron of GM Customer Service,
    Is there a fix yet for eliminating the sloshing noise in the gas tank? Did GM forget to include the baffles in the tank?
    clyde333,

Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • With help from GM I got the dealer to take a look. The annoying noise turned out to be the alternator. It was replaced and now I am a happy camper again. I can't believe it was the alternator. Such an annoying noise that was.

Thanks GM social media representative. :)
  • ericzoomericzoom Posts: 213
    I have the same whinning sound on my 2011 SRX. It seems to sound higher and lower as I go faster and slower. I'll mention it to service when I get my 1st oil change. Thanks for the info.
    hotrodder65,
    I am glad to hear that your concerns have addressed and taken care of. If you have any other questions comments or concerns please feel free to email me directly.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • carynbcarynb Posts: 1
    So, I too have the "noises," but that is the least of my problems! The car has a mere 25,000 miles and I have already had to have the radiator replaced! As it leaked due to a lack of proper seal. As of today, my car has been sitting in the dealership service shop for the past 14days!!! Why? Because the ENTIRE shifter assembly must be replaced!! However, to date, GM has been unable to produce the necessary part!! Cadillac customer service cannot even provide an ETA for the part!! Furthermore, GM is refusing to pay the $10.00 fee for insurance on the rental car provided. They claim its TOO early not enough time has passed -- 14 days-- isn't LONG enough for them to assume responsibility for their failure to produce the part?? I requested replacement or buy back of the car as I CANNOT consider it to be a reliable vehicle when it has had TWO major problems with only 25,000 miles. This is suppose to a luxury car-- not even close!! There is NOTHING luxurious about a car that is mechanically unsound!! I have an SRX for a rental and I have every intention of writing on the window "DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE CARS!" And, driving all over the Los Angeles Area. The car, GM, and customer service huge disappointment. I knew I should have purchased and Infiniti FX
  • katheeckatheec Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 SRX that has more stupid problems than I wish to think about...the current problem is a noise that sound like a mouse running through the dash board....anyone else have this...makes me think the hard drive is about ready to crash, and like all the other noises....most irritating
  • I don't know what I should do....I bought a. SRX about 2 months ago. I LOVED it. My boys loved it too. The sunroof in particular for them. It's nice on the outside, perfect. Silver toned, more like platinum. My last car was a brand new Toyota Yaris, 2 door. I got it while I was in college. I'd never had to bring it to the shop in 4 years. ALthought I had to manually role my windows down and I'd gotten it filthy. I now apprecite that car I had even more because.........

I've had so many issues with my Cadillac 2004 SRX. The mileage was high but we took it anyway. High like 130K miles. Now it's kinda shaking while on the highway. Last night it said that I was going 120 miles but everyone was passing me and I was in the slow lane. WTH. To make matters worse, I have 4 boys. I thought this car would be perfect for us. I had been taking my 3 year old to daycare via a troop downtown and then on the city bus. He cried one day at how cold he was. So getting a car was such a blessing. Now I'm worried that I could be on the highway and this car could come to a dangerous halt and hopefully my children are not in the car with me.SMH. What am I suppoed to do?! I know I signed papers that probably said "AS IS" as part of the agreement but I didn't know the car was in this condition.
    There have been all sorts of messages displayed about the tires, gas cap,stability system, etc....
    TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE....when I bought the car it said it had 127K miles and after an oil change the odometer went to 207K MILES, Couldn't believe it. How is that possible or did I drive almost 80,000 miles in 2 months?!!!!!
    I must get my children to school. That's Y I need a car. So they won't suffer. The dealer told me to bring it in and he'll FIX IT. How do you fix what the odometer says? That's Illegal.
    I must admit I feel a little DUMB. I've never bought a used car for fear of exactly this. I have no more money and spent $10,000 on this car. WTF am I supposed to do?!!!! :(

I have to go to the dealer tomorrow, any advice on what I should say or questions I should ask?
  • dcwisdcwis Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2010 SRX with 26000 miles in NE Wisconsin covered by Cadillac CPO...
    Was back to the dealer in less than a week with a groan in the steering at slow speeds...
    It seems that the comments about this issue date back to 2010 so, has Cadillac found
    a solution to this ???
    Oh, the dealer had never heard of this problem in the SRX....
    Hi dcwis,

Sorry to hear that the dealer was not able to figure out what has been causing the groaning sound in your vehicle. If you'd like, I can check for any recalls or bulletins highlighting this issue. If you are interested I'd just need you to provide me with the last 8 digits of your VIN. You can also email me personally at socialmedia@gm.com [ATTN Amber].

Regards

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • retcadretcad Posts: 2
    A few months ago, I purchased a used 2010 srx with 41K miles. Prettiest car I've ever owned and drives like a dream. After driving it for about 1500 miles, the "service stabilitrak' message appeared on my DIC and the orange engine light began flashing. I pulled into a nearby gas station and the car was shuddering, bluish black smoke was coming from the exhaust pipes and I could smell a strong odor of gasoline.

I had it towed to the dealer and after several days I got it back and now it's running great. The engine was misfiring and the fuel pump and an injector were replaced. Fortunately it's still under warranty and I was provided a loaner at no charge. Still, I was very upset that I'd experience this type of failure so soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Also, I still notice that that after I fill the tank, I hear a bumping noise under the car for a while and sometimes it shudders for a second when I turn the engine off. Then the issue goes away.

Still, I loving driving this car! I get tons of compliments on it and zipping around town or on the highway is a pleasure.

I just hope the aforementioned issue was a fluke and I can get used to the post-fillup thump.
    dcwis,

Wow, you've definitely been through quite a bit with your vehicle. I am relieved that the dealer helped you with this and your SRX is operating properly. Have you spoken to any other GM Customer Service representatives just to document this problem? If not, I'd definitely like to document this for you, just so we can have it on file for future reference. If you'd like for me to do this please email me your full name, VIN, mileage and contact information. I believe I've provided the email in the previous post (socialmedia@gm.com). I hope you continue to enjoy your SRX! Please let me know if there is anything we can assist you with in the future.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • retcadretcad Posts: 2
    my recently purchased 2010 thumps after fill ups. It sounds like there is something loose. when i turn the engine off, i hear one or two 'knocks'.

The next day or after, it disappears.

I suppose I could keep the tank at a certain level, but hey, this is a Caddie.

My old fords never did that.

I've read that others were told it's a gas tank problem.

yeah, i guess I can live with it. I don't want to tie it up at the dealer.

despite the great looks, stuff like this bothers me and takes away from my overall owner experience that I expected (and paid for handsomely!)

my first caddie.

Anyone else have a similar issue?
    Hi redcad,

If you change your mind about taking it into a dealer. Let me know and I can assist with making the appointment and remain involved. My email is socialmedia@gm.com "Attn Crystal" in the subject header.

Best Regards,
    Crystal L
    GM Customer Care
  • I have a similar sound but its more between 25 and 35 mph (42 and 55 Kmh). Its only when its quite cold out. I've had it back to the dealer three times and they say they can't hear it yet it happens every time we drive it. Most frustrating. Sounds like a bearing in the alternator or power steering pump. Any thoughts?
2»