Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010+ Buick Lacrosse Body, Chassis and Exterior

13»

Comments

• crankeeecrankeee Posts: 297
    The gallon jug I currently have is labelled:
    Auto Magic BC-2
    Basecoat/Clearcoat Finish No 78
    UPC Code 31802 15078
    Made by: Auto Wax Company Dallas Texas 75247
    My cost was $25-$30 per gallon from a carwash I saw using it
    to detail cars.Same as our original dealer on black Bonneville.
    You will be shocked and amazed at how a black car comes out
    esp. if you have avoided scratchy car washes with your finish.
    Good luck and let us know if you can find a source.
  • lacrossesoakedlacrossesoaked Posts: 83
    edited June 2011
    Crankee: three links. Thanks!
    here is the online store for the company, Auto Magic:
    http://www.automagic.com/cart/78.htm
    Appears this next link may be for businesses/distributors only???
    http://www.dealergoodies.com/page299.html#top
    Then another online retailer:
    http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/auto-magic-bc-2-basecoat-clearcoat-finish-78.ht- - ml
    Glad you found the exact product. I do not prefer to recommend stuff in the current know it all environment but this is an outstanding product for dark (black) cars with no residue. It lasts quite a while but we always hand wash our cars and avoid car washes like the plague. Water spots and the sun is tough to get out. We lived in Dallas and a light rain would do that with the sun.
    The pain ton the new Lacrosse is truly a step up IMO so it is fun to see how great it will come out with the Auto Magic No. 78. Thanks to you for the website links. I always have had to get a dealer or detailer to resell for my needs.
    Regards Crankee
    soaked: did you locate the product and try it on your car? Our experience with black finished cars made it the default for all subsequent cars regardless of color. As stated it seems to last quite a while if abrasive car washes are avoided.
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Posts: 1,380
    Has anyone with less than 80K had a caliper stick even slightly.
    I state that mileage because anything this new would have to be only highway mileage and certainly should not have problem.
    If you had such, do you regularly drive dirt roads or through mud, etc.? (I definitely do not, that is for trucks, etc.)
    If this is a vehicle I owned and was not planning to dump, out of warranty, I'd do a brake job with special attention to calipers and of course in pairs so they work very much alike.
    The odds of having two new GM vehicles doing this seem astronomical to me, but make me feel unsafe, very very unsafe. It moves the probability of having a catastropic failure very high.
    GM is changing my attitude to "NO MORE GD GM VEHICLES" and they are going to have to step up to improve my thinking.
    A big influence on this is that when they changed the column for a disfunctional lock, the replacement induced play in the steering, and that is not yet fixed. You know, that old axiom about a vehicle being mechaniced to death? I'm not sure of the fault, it may have been they received a defective column. It reminds me of a high mileage Taurus, 2nd & 3rd generation, not 1st, maybe last generation as well. They used a teflon/nylong device to take up slack and play in the sqaure tubes. Those vehicles had a strong enough power steering that the wheels would not move from road defects, but still play at the wheel would show up because those little fins on the device would crack off around 60K +. Yes, I changed a column for that.
  • e_net_ridere_net_rider Posts: 1,380
    Finally GM admits it.

An improperly torqued wheel can cause brake
    rotor distortion, which leads to brake pedal pulsation.
  • crankeee: finally got around to ordering the BC-2 product you recommended and the BC-1 product AutoMagic said would enhance the performance of the BC-2. Just got the stuff today; tried a test area and the results are VERY good. Thanks again.
13»