Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010+ Buick Lacrosse Interior

e_net_ridere_net_rider Posts: 1,380
As the title says, issues related to Interior, except where there is a more specific discussion.

Comments

• e_net_ridere_net_rider Posts: 1,380
    I have now learned that the dead zones have greatly increased over what was present in a 2009 Malibu. After driving through familiar areas I located a dozen dead zones I did not know existed.
    As I already posted elsewhere, a problem spot I was already familiar with quadrupled in size. And looking for logic I found the antenna painted and in my case with metal flake which definitely could block signal. The paint alone could be causing such because special paint is needed for antennae.

Is anyone else having dropouts?
    I wanted to keep this point going because I've seen enough complaints about the headrest with complaints of discomfort to pain.
    I see it as a safety issue where it could cause more harm than good.
    I certainly would like to see them replaced with fore and aft adjustment.
    This also big topic.
    Many have had issue with it relocating as we think it should.
    So far I've learned that easy exit on is necessary for the seat to move back upon exiting.
    But in that mode the seat moves forward upon opening driver door, before you have a chance to get in. This is a complaint.
    And it only works this way if you go through the entire order of door closed, engine started. engine shut off, door opened, closed then locked. And then the system get confused with key left in car message.
    The programmers really mess this up.
    This needs fixing, and since it is programming, maybe they can alter the function of seat memory buttons. Change them to momentary rather than hold, which may actually need a hold command inserted in that language. Perhaps there is room in the routines to allow for two new memorized positions so as to have two possible setting for day and two night. Or other preferred settings matching your conditions.
    A new wrinkle has developed. A couple of times it has now failed to move to the previous settings. I know I read in the manual that it is supposed to auto-memory from the settings before shutting down.
    Does anyone know what this could be?
    I'm not able to figure out some usage of the system.
    Maybe someone can Help?

I see where it says that up to 10GB is available for recording music.
    I don't understand how it handles a CD. Purchased one that has .CDA files on it.
    It says you can record music to the HDD and the formats supported are: mp3, mp3-Pro, WMA, Audible.com -which is a site for purchasing books on disks, & m4a.
    So what does it do with the CD?
    Does it make an exact copy of the CD which would then be .CDA files. It would seem they'd have to make a special effort to stop you from inputing CDA files via USB devices?
    If recorded in one of the formats that says is supported, which one? There is no way to select!
    I'm sure we'd all like the highest quality audio possible.
    If you must use one of the supported formats listed, then there is some good news. It will handle mp3 of the highest bit rate, and sampling. 320kbs @ 48KHz.
    I don't know much about the Pro version currently, but when it came out it was intended to be used with the lower bit rates and compress them further to still lower bit rates. Making it quicker to download when many were still bandwidth restricted such as dial-up.
    WMA, know what they are and shyed away because of MS making it proprietary and licensed.
    I explained the books as best I can.
    But still better is the m4a. It is supposed to be lossless. I have no idea how much space files use other than it must be lower than CDA yet equal quality. I'm dabbling with finding encoder and other software to handle the conversion and recording. This is the type of audio file you'd find on a Blu-ray disk where they have the capability of recording a separate track for each speaker on a 7.1 surround sound.
    It will be interesting to see how the HK surround handles that. It is likely that pressed discs will be made that way.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,078
    Hello E_net_rider,
    Have you taken your vehicle to the dealership so they can look into the concern further? Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
    Not yet Mariah. I've only had the car 11 days so I am still learning the vehicle. But on the seat not moving to last position, that seems to be a definite since it did it twice last evening. The first time I reset the seat manually via the buttons to where I wanted it. The second time I used seat memory button 1 and that worked, although the button has to be held.
    Hello E_net_rider,
    Did you save the setting to the same number each time driver 1 or driver 2? Also, if you have another driver of the vehicle and are using the same key fob for the vehicle it will recognize the previous driver unless you push your driver button. However, if you are still experiencing a concern with the seat I would recommend going back to the dealership to have them look at it. They can also check the key fob to make sure that it is also working correctly. If you have any further questions please let me know. Thank you,
    edited October 2010
    Have been saving to button 1. Always using same key and only driver to date. First time this morning it positioned wrongly. I corrected with seat button 1. The second time it was moving to far by time I attempted to get in, so I stopped it and backed it up enough to get in, then used button 1. The third time it moved to where it was supposed to, but it moves forward as soon as door is opened always if complete cycle is done. Shutdown, exit, lock, unlock, open door.
    I would think the moving to memorized position would be tied to the same conditions that the easy exit is. Easy exit requires engine shut down and door opened. It would seem that it would not move forward until door is closed and engine started, but I don't know full programing or if that might interfere with something else.
    The dealer is aware of seat moving ahead upon opening door. It was not moving back when exiting and found easy exit not turned on. That is when it started moving into position before getting in. I showed the saleman before I even signed. His comment, "Well that is pretty dumb!"
    Hello E_net_rider,
    I am not a service tech and cannot tell you if it is programmed correctly. However, did the salesperson check to see why the easy exit wasn't working properly and to make sure the key fob was working correctly? Thank you,
    Can you tell us what issues the new memory module part number addresses?
    Hello E_net_rider,
    Can you please e-mail me your VIN so I can look to see if you currently have a recall on your vehicle? You can get my e-mail by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
  • tom2246tom2246 Posts: 29
    Had my car 10 months, 8500 miles, and that's exactly how my system works. Service checked all my software and all were current.

I suspect the sales guy was correct,
    The service manager was going to look into the issue and let me know.
    VIN is 1G4GE5GD0BF183398
  • bobinorbobinor Posts: 63
    edited October 2010
    Guess I hit a wrong button and got a blank message. What I intended to say was:

The description of the DIC in the owner manual says there is a function for displaying instantaneous MPG. I have no such function in the DIC in my 2011 CXS. Is this a programming error that I need the dealer to have corrected? My old 2001 Regal GS had this and I found it very valuable/informative. I miss it.
    I have a couple of issues here. The meager space under the armrest (well, that's also a misnomer for my 2011 CXS - who can get a comfortable arm rest position on this thing even when slid forward?) cannot accommodate a CD in its case. Where are you supposed to store those things? I also don't understand why there isn't an additional power outlet outside the storage compartment. Who wants to have a cord hanging out of the center console storage for their electronic devices? Give me an old cigarette lighter to plug into.

I would also like to see a padded side to the console as it extends from under the dash. When I use the cruise control, I find I rest my knee on that and the plastic is hard and annoying. I could keep my leg extended but a softer resting spot would be welcome to my knee. I paid for leather trim and that should be part of the comfort package, IMO.

Am I asking too much? Otherwise, I love the car - mostly.
    Agree completely, including INST MPG. You can add that they really should have put some sort of shroud on the NAV screen to lessen the chance of the sun hitting it and making it very hard to see. Too many stupid mistakes when it comes to luxury design. Makes me wish I had looked at Lincoln or other luxury vehicles. Or even hunted down an Aurora in good condition and rebuild if necessary. It was a superior ride to this machine.
    I read the manual again. It mentions using the unlock on remote with door open or open after command, to get seat to move to the remote's memorized position.
    That works as stated.
    Also the manual implies there are four memory positions. One for each memory button and one for each remote, being the position when shutting down.
    I can verify there are at least three and I've never used the other remote.
    It will be interesting to check out using the other and to have both onboard. Will both remember the same 'last position' when the vehicle is shut down?
    I'll post back what I learn.
    The manual tells how to get the latest DVD. I went to the site and it is not even available for 2011. It seems we are getting the 2010 version on our 2011's?
    I like this and had it on Aurora but it was initiated by momentary contact of MEM button.
    In the owners manual, it describes some of the easy exit. It tells what happens if the seat is blocked. Clear it and re-initiate the Easy Exit.
    Just how are you supposed to do that it does not say.
    Do you have to close door, start engine, shutdown engine, open door?
    If so, that is just dumb! Mem button should be enabled to do that with momentary contact. Holding MEM button for 2-3 seconds could be used to initiate memorizing position to button 1 or 2.
    e_net_rider,
    Good morning. I spoke with NavDisk and the said the update disk should be available in the new few weeks. I would recommend checking back with NavDisk at 1877-NAV-DISK. I hope you have a great weekend!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    Has anyone tried or been successful using an M4A file?
    I burned a long one to CD and it won't play. I copied it to HDD and has same issue. Computer plays disk fine.

M4A claims advantages over MP3.
    Christina:
    Would you please look into why the 2011 CXS DIC does not have an Instantaneous Fuel Economy display as explained on page 5-25 of the owner manual? The scroll sequence skips from Average Fuel Economy to Average Vehicle Speed. Or is my CXS lacking and in need of dealer attention? Thanks.
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Posts: 2,770
    Just an fyi, my 2010 is the same as yours. No instant fe.
    The reason I ask about NAV update is the very first time I used it sent me to a non-existant location. My wife wanted an Arby's sandwich. It took me to a location about 3 miles from where it actually existed.
    Learning the system, yesterday it would not recognize any of the streets in a subdivision my daughter lives in. She has lived there about 5 years.

I also have issues with it's function. How often should I have to reboot system?
    Knowing the list is longer than what is displayed, it refuses to scroll sometimes. Also it sometimes will not respond at all when touching the screen.
  • Why is there no way to open the trunk without having the key fob on your person? I was doing some work in the garage today and wanted to put something in the trunk that I needed to have in it tomorrow and didn't want to forget. I couldn't open it and had to go into the house to find the fob. My prior Buick Regal GS had a button in the glove box that we used often when we didn't have the key fob. Why no such device on the 2011 LaCrosse? Or have I missed some secret means?
    You have not missed it. Some might say it is anti-theft.
    I personally have a peave about the fuel cap/door. Nothing to stop tampering with it. Theft and vandalism could be concerns, but even worse could be done. Wife is driving late. They pour a couple of gallons of water in tank. She drives, they follow, engine dies and before she can contact anyone they pop window and you can guess the rest.
    Some will say buy locking gas cap but what was the purpose of these key fobs then? You'd be forced to carry that extra key.
    We've got a system so smart that it won't lock your fob in yet it won't immediately autolock door when you get in. Weight on seat would tell it has occupant.
    I stopped by service the other day to have key fob checked as suggested. Mechanic told me the fob remembers nothing, it is remembered onboard and identified by which fob is present.
    He told me there are things they can do that are not shown on option menus and that I have to make an appointment.

Maybe they can turn the Inst Fuel back on?
    I see I'm not the only one to discover the bass quality of this system is terrible. Bass drum notes mostly sound very muffled like it was stuffed with pillows, very much lacking clean crispness. Other low notes such as low end of bass guitar also sound terrible much like a speaker cone is torn. Equalizer settings are all neutral. I've listened to same CD in Aurora with Bose system and it sounded fantastic. Even in my wife's KIA, it does not have the distortion although it may cutoff those very low frequencies.
    Note that since I hear it no matter which quadrant I direct the sound to it shows it is not an individual speaker. Maybe all of them are bad quality.

The only specs I've seen are what is on the window sticker. 384 watts, eleven speakers.
    Has anyone discovered more specs?
    I would like to know the frequency range of the amplifier. It might be putting out low notes the speakers just can't handle.
    Thus I'd like to know the specs on the speakers.
    The size of the speakers seems to indicate this is where the quality problem exists. Next to impossible to get really low notes out of speakers this size, Bose technology is best at doing that.
    Maybe issue can be fixed by speaker replacement. But some of the notes sound very low like they need my 16" speakers in home. Or the big ones you see at live performances.
    Knowing more about the specs might reveal another method such as installing cross-over, high & low pass filters, along with a speaker that can handle the bass notes. (sort of a sub-woofer thing)