Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo XC90 Mildew Smell: Sunroof Drain Leaks

My '04 XC90 T6 has been in and out of the dealer for the last 4 years for a mildew smell eminating from the vents after a rain or car wash. The car is parked in the garage and after 5 visits to the dealer to find the source, I was quoted $700 to replace the sunroof drainage system. The dealer thinks the sunroof drains are clogged, despite little to no use of the sunroof and garage parking.

Fortunately, I haven't had any water in the floorboard area, but I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck getting the dealer to repair this design flaw? The dealer couldn't guarantee replacing the drains would eliminate the mildew smell or prevent another replacement in the near furure. $700 is a lot to spend on a known problem that could cause electrical failure.

I've also had the control arm brushings & motor mounts repaired twice in 60,000k ($1200 each time). Not to mention the 2nd transmission (@ 45K), brake pads and rotors every 15K, and tires every 25K.

Comments