Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Subaru Forester

1235»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    My brother's 2011 does not chatter like the gen 1 model did (98-01). Nothing like it at all.
  • I notice that the 2012 has 17 inch wheels and slightly slimmer tires. Has anybody driven one of these and do you notice any change in the ride. I would think that the lower profile tires might bring a choppier ride. Also worry that lower profiles might be less resilient on potholes, etc and could lead to rim damage. Thoughts anyone??
  • My 2011 Forester is 10 months old or so with 12k miles. I've noticed the transmission "slipping" when I slow down to take turns. I slow down, make the turn, put my foot on the gas and the transmission will hesitate and suddenly engage and the car will lurch forward.

Is this a common issue with this car?
  • aathertonaatherton Posts: 617
    edited November 2011
    Yes, it is normal behavior for the 4EAT automatic transmission. You caught it downshifting between gears and rushed it. It is one of several annoying behaviors of this transmission.
  • What's the average mileage y'all are getting for city driving in your Foresters? I just bought a 2012 and am hoping it will get more than the 19 or so the gas calculator in the dash is saying...
    Mixed around town driving we tend to get about 24 mpg or so.

Let it break in, the numbers should improve.
  • dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,465
    To add a footnote ... your 2009 has the "less efficient" EJ25 vs. 2011/12 FB25.
    Correct, though I prefer to call the new one the Convenient Oil Filter Locale engine. ;)
  • I need to have length, width, and height measurements from ground to top of roof rack, side mirror to side mirror, and bumper to trailer hitch so that I can buy my ferry ticket to go to Alaska. Unfortunately, I don't have my forester yet because I am buying it enroute across the US and there aren't any that are within an hour of my city. Anyone willing to help me out?

Note: I already have the information from wikipedia (hopefully it's accurate) so I am looking for actual measurements. Thank you!
  • dcm61dcm61 Posts: 1,465
    I need to have length, width, and height measurements from ground to top of roof rack, side mirror to side mirror, and bumper to trailer hitch ...

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/forester/forester2012.html#dimensions
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,508
    That site's measurements should do it. I haven't heard of the AK Ferry System being more stringent about vehicle measurements.

If you're on the adventurous side, I recommend you skip the ferry and drive it up. :shades:
1235»