Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Impreza WRX

Comments

• I have heard that Honda will be importing the Euro-Accord as the Acura TSX. It will be a the replacement for the 4 door Integra as the RSX is only a coupe. Just rumors at this point but some claim there will be a Type-S. But I would imagine it will only be a 4-banger.
  • swinga7swinga7 Posts: 45
    too bad it probably wont be the accord type R they bring over in acura badging.. thats a sweet car
  • hunter001hunter001 Posts: 851
    A few years back, the European "Car" magazine had done a handling test of various cars available and the final ranking went along the lines of:

1st place: Audi S4
    2nd place: Honda Accord Type-R
    3rd place: BMW 328i with Sport Package
    and a few other vehicles below the leaders....

The price paid by a buyer for the Accord was chicken-feed when compared to the price paid for the other cars in the test.

Later...AH
  • fxsfxs Posts: 50
    I'm waiting for the CTS V-series with the 350 HP LS1 V8 and 6 spd manual to arrive in MY2004. My WRX should be paid off and GM discount should put me below invoice.
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    The will likely be a Holden Commodore SS. The car I've been drooling over for years. If it does make it hear I'd jump on it!

-mike
  • swinga7swinga7 Posts: 45
    I thought I heard something about a holden coming over here as the new pontiac GTO... dont quote me on that though, i'm not really up on domestic car current events
    Yes there are several Holdens that we have here:

Catera = Base Commodore
    GTO = Monaro aka 2-door version of Commodore
    CTS = same platform as the commodore

Of course over seas they get the better versions. Holden has "HSV" which is Holden's version of SVT they are special hi-powered versions.

-mike
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,658
    Not sure about the CTS. I thought it was a new platform.

Bob
    Both the Holden and the Opel are based on the Sigma Platform. the Catera and Holden are stretched versions of the sigma platform, as is the new CTS (new sigma platform).

-mike
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    You're both right, Catera was an Opel Omega, basically.

The Saturn L series is even funnier. It's an Opel Vectra, stretched, and with an Opel Omega engine.

-juice
  • sonya4sonya4 Posts: 92
    Went on a 400+-mile road trip this past weekend; before heading back, filled the tank at a station that had 92 octane as their premium. Also went into a car wash (soft cloth, kind of old-fashioned).

Some miles later, the check engine light came on. Could have been the gas cap, which was not tightened properly after the fill-up, or could have been that the gas was bad. My WRX hiccupped very slightly at times when I pushed down on the gas pedal. We were about 50 miles away from the nearest Subaru dealer--it was a Saturday so the Service dept. would have been closed anyway--and the fiance said we might as well drive the 50 miles, since the car was OK otherwise. Didn't think it warranted calling the Subaru 800-number.

After opening and closing the gas cap a few times along the way, the check engine light went off, although the hiccups continued for a while. The car also seemed to consume more gas on the way back, although the mileage was about the same. Anyway, is this something I should ask my dealer about? Or just put it down to bad gas/inappropriate tightening of the gas cap (see the manual)?

--sonya4
  • kenskens Posts: 5,869
    Sonya,

I'd go to the dealer if the "hiccups" continue. They should be able to read back the code to help them diagnose the problem.

Ken
  • twrxtwrx Posts: 647
    Have the booklets on the 2003 (wife was looking at one.) Only v6 mt will be 6 speed coupe available in spring 2003, No LSD so not quite in the same league as CL type s. I have driven auto v6 2003 accord sedan and auto TL type S. Price difference between S sedan or coupe and accord 6 sedan or coupe is about 4K. Accord should give Toyota fits. Comapare the Accord coupe to a Toyota Solara. Solara maxed is $1500 more than the Accord, has 40 less hp, less gas mileage, no power passenger seat and single rather than dual zone climate control (and of course no MT option.)

twrx

so wife bought a 2002 Solara because Honda dealers would not deal on new 2003 coupe.
  • For some reason, I had been under the impression this was a message board to discuss the WRX. Aren't there Honda boards for yakking about Hondas?
  • I agree. This message board is about the wrx and competitors. If we are going to discuss the Accord, why not throw in the VW Passat, Jetta, GTI, Mitsubishi Galant and Eclipse, Toyota Camry and Celica, Dodge Stratus and every other car that fits into the 20-25,000 range?
    We are a diverse group with interests in not only the WRX but their competition as well. Sorry if you aren't as well rounded as the rest of us. :)

And thickers How on earth do you own a WRX STi considering they aren't sold here yet!

-mike
  • corkfishcorkfish Posts: 537
    This time of year it's not unusual to get water in the gas as a result of condensation. Sometimes some white gas will clear it up.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I'd reset the ECU if it's not running smoothly. Also maybe test your battery, the OE ones are sort of weak.

Kate used DryGas on her Forester and it cured a similar problem.

-juice
  • bruticusbruticus Posts: 229
    I hear they corner on rails and their brakes can stop time!

DjB
  • sonya4sonya4 Posts: 92
    And where do I get them? (Pardon my ignorance...)

--sonya4
This discussion has been closed.