Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Ford Taurus

2»

Comments

• bvenablebvenable Posts: 2
    I have a 2011 Taurus Limited. It has @ 17,000 mi on it. I have had all scheduled maint. performed on it since buying it. Recently I have noticed that when driving on the Interstate at a cruising speed of @70-75 MPH I can feel an intermediate hesitation. It almost feels as though the engine has a miss in it. I thought it was the ac compressor kicking on/off but it also does it without the ac on.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I had also heard that Ford may be having a recall on the Taurus for "Sudden acceleration". No reported accidents or injuries. Does anyone know if this is true? My family and I are leaving on vacation in a couple of weeks on a 1600+ mi journey. I really don't want to risk our safety if there is an issue with the car.
  • esfoadesfoad Posts: 210
    There are a few TSB's re the transmissions in the 2010-2012 Taurus. Some are simple reprogramming and a couple are to replace parts. Check with your dealer to have these performed. Since I had the latest one done, my car runs perfectly.
  • After 15 months, my 2011 Taurus just hit 60,000 miles. Other than scheduled maintenance, the only time it's been in the shop was to replace the gearshift handle, the center chrome piece was flaking off chrome and the edges were sharp. Service writer said it would be covered under warranty, but that was before he checked the odometer!! Too funny. The fleet company should be pulling this car out of service in a few months, I'm hoping for another Taurus.

Mikey
  • bvenablebvenable Posts: 2
    I own a 2011 Taurus Limited. The keypad on the door is suppose to take a 5 digit number to unlock it. Most of the time I only have to enter the first 3. I took it to the Ford dealer and they said it was a feature the car was designed with. I don't think so. I know if I have the fob on me that I only need to "touch" the keypad for it to unlock. I took the fob inside my house and returned to the drive where the car was parked and what do you know......only had to enter the first 3 digits. Anyone else had this problem or know what I can do to resolve it?
  • donl1donl1 Posts: 109
    I have a 2011 Taurus Limited and I have to enter all 5 numbers before the driver's door unlocks. My car does not have the push button start and fob. I would suggest you try another dealer and/or try another car that is has the same equipment if you can find one on the dealer's lot.
2»