Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Sportage Lease Questions

Comments

• The Kia salesman said the 2012 Sportage models have better resale than most cars, but could not give the specific numbers.

Do you have the money factors and residuals for the 2011 & 2012 and SX models with 12k & 15k in SoCal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Greetings herko2225. Kia Motors Finance's August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Sportage SX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00042 and 48%, respectively.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

I haven't seen the numbers for the 2012 Sportage yet. I'll have to see if I can find them out for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_man,

For a 2011 Sportage SX, AWD, loaded, is 0.00065 MF and 44% residual a good deal? MSRP on the vehicle is $32740 with a sale price of $29182 before $1500 in rebates. Also, should the lease be calculated on the sale price before or after the rebates are applied?
    Thanks,
    Jason
  • Hi Jason. The residual value that you were quoted is correct, but the money factor looks a little high. According to the latest information that I have seen, Kia Motors Finance's buy rate lease money factor for this truck is only .00015.

I believe that Kia is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck.

Your vehicle's capitalized cost for the purpose of calculating its monthly payment would be the selling price minus any cash incentives that the dealer is giving you.

Car_man
    Host
  • WOW! A money factor of .00015 would be great! The dealer is quoting me .00055. Is there any official documentation I could take with me to negotiate a better MF? and, yes, they are giving me the $1K incentive + a $500 rebate I qualify for. All said, final price is $27682 for an SX AWD loaded.
    Jason
  • How much is your monthly payment?
  • I appreciate all the financial terms, but for someone that does not understand math in any way shape or form other than the very basics, it would be great to see:

Model Leased:
    Option Package Selected:
    Total Actual Cost Paid:
    Monthly Payment:
    Length of Lease:
  • Hey Car_man,

Can you please tell me what the October lease rates are for a 2011 and 2012 Kia Sportage SX (both 12/k and 15/k per yr mileage)

Thanks!
  • that1dudethat1dude Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Hello,

I am new to leasing and would like to know if this is a good deal. We are looking at a 2012 Sportage EX with the Premium/Nav package. Here is what we were offered:

- MSRP = $28675
    - Money Factor = .00128
    - Residual = 55%

After some haggling, they said they could bring our payment down to around $430. I have read that the residual is high and that supposedly is good, but what about the Money Factor? Is this a good idea? I read on this site that the TMV for this vehicle is $27,913. Any feedback would be much appreciated. We may be buying two as well. What kind of additional discount would that warrant? Thank you in advance.
  • Hey havemercy_xo. Kia Motors Finance's October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sportage SX 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00119 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 model are .00015 and 43%.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi that1dude. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for this truck look good. The missing piece of information is its selling price. If I was in the market for a Sportage right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice. You can look up this vehicle's exact invoice price over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Carman, I need leasing information on a 2012 Kia Sportage SX. My target price is 29500. I will pay tax and tags up front. There is a 500.00 rebate. I want a 36 month 12,000 mile lease. Could you quote me a payment for the lease? Thanks so much.
  • Hi caddyman7. I need both this vehicle's MSRP and selling price to work up a payment for you. let me know what the MSRP is and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
  • mamac3mamac3 Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I am looking for the January lease money factor and residual for a 36 month lease (12K a year).

Thanks!
  • Here you go mamac3. Kia Motors finance's January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sportage EX 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00205 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Do you have the current lease numbers for a Sportage EX and SX AWD? 15K miles per year. Thank you!
  • I certainly do bostonben. Kia Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 Sportage EX AWD with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Sportage SX AWD are .00213 and 54%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey car man looking for lease rates and money factor on a 2012 Kia Sportage EX FWD at 12000 miles. Does the added options or equipment make a difference on these rates? We were at a dealership tonight and felt we were being led in the wrong direction.

Another question. A dealership lists a 2012 Sportage for sale on Autotrader.com and lists it at a sale price of 19889. (EX FWD with conv. package, msrp of 23650). I went to a local dealership who told me that price was impossible. Not sure who or what to believe..do I drive the hour drive to see if the price is legit or is unlikely not?

At the local dealership we were quoted $23335 on an EX FWD with Conv. Pkg. Residual after 39 months of 13090. They told us the payment was going to be 379 a month (including $400 negative equity in trade and first months pymt down). The math just did not add up to me.
    Hey trekin97. Kia Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sportage EX FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00112 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

It's difficult to say whether the selling price that you saw on-line is legit or not. Is it significantly below dealer invoice (you can look up he invoice price of this vehicle here: New Vehicle Pricing)? If so, then there's a good shot that there is some sort of catch. If it's near invoice than it may very well be real.

Car_man
    Host
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    Hi Car_Man,

This may be an atypical request... What are the MFs and Residuals for a 24-Month lease on an 2012 SX AWD with 12K miles per year?

Thank you.
  • timmbojtimmboj Posts: 123
    I suppose the MFs and Residuals for a 36-Month Lease on an 2012 SX AWD with 12K miles per year would be appreciated as well.

Thanks again Car_Man.
    edited March 2012
    Hello timmboj. Kia Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sportage SX AWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00166 and 46%.

I don't believe that Kia is currently offering 24-month leases of this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • caves3caves3 Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Car_Man, I would appreciate the March MF and Residual for a 2012 EX FWD with 36 Month Term and 12K per year.

Thanks,
    Hi caves3. Kia Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Kia Sportage EX FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00112 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey, wanted to know, good deal or not? did i get ripped off or just about breaking even? 2k down including first months payment, fees all that stuff in there.
    $359 36 months 12k miles.
    Has the compass/homelink. seems to have the UVO stuff.
    cargo net, cargo mat thingy, cargo cover. Door guards, hand painted trim lines, lifetime nitrogen in tires.
    So?
  • patwhitepatwhite Posts: 4
    Hello, does anyone know the current lease rate info on the Kia Sportage SX, FWD, 2.0 T GDI engine, 12K miles per year?

Thanks!
    Hi patwhite. Kia Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Sportage SX FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00125 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • spohiospohio Posts: 13
    Car_man,
    could you please provide the MF and residual for a Sportage SX with AWD? I am looking for a 36 month lease with 12k miles/year.
  • jivebatjivebat Posts: 2
    Hi Car Man-

Would you please provide current money factor and residual for 2012 Kia Sportage LX AWD and EX AWD?

Thanks!
  • jivebatjivebat Posts: 2
    Forgot to mention I'm looking for 36 mo lease with 12,000 miles.