Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Vue Loss of Power/Check Engine Light

• bridget41bridget41 Posts: 4
    No not as of yet but I am trying eveything
  • shockwave203shockwave203 ConnecticutPosts: 1
    I have an 06 Vue and I noticed mine does the same thing when it rains. Could it be that the water or moisture is causing this to happen? Somehow it's seeping into the electrical supply and creating the problem. I can't figure it out. Any suggestions?
  • swinfrey1swinfrey1 Posts: 1
    edited November 3
    Hello All,

I am new the forum and registered in order to get an opinion regarding this subject. I've been doing a lot of reading/research especially in this particular thread in regards to the Reduced Power Light issue. My error codes are as follows:

SES lamp is constantly illuminated. While driving, my vehicle will make a small hissing noise intermediately in cadence, "hiss......hiss, etc", while driving. Each time this "hiss" noise sounds, it feels as though my engine is being pulled back or that it loses acceleration. The Reduced power light will occasionally come on followed by the reduced power to the engine while driving. I've noticed that this will sometimes happen after going over a bump in the road. For instance, there are certain spots in my route to work where the Reduced Power light will illuminate which is usually after a particular bump in the road. When this happens, engine power is cut almost in half and acceleration is not possible past a certain RPM...which also causes problems with stalling. I understand this is "Limp mode" activated by something in regards to the drive by wire system or throttle body.

I am trying to narrow down the root cause to the issue in order to explain to the mechanic exactly what I think may be the issue....or at least explain the correct symptoms that will lead to resolution. I've thought about using throttle body cleaner to clean in and around the throttle plate. However, i'm hesitant as it is an electrical matter connected with the ECM. Nonetheless, i feel i should ask this forum first before i start messing with my vehicle. I am no mechanic and would rather have a professional handle it. I suppose i am trying to narrow down an estimate the price of such a repair and to make sure it is the remedy to this situation.

I realize this thread is rather old but I hope that this post reaches someone who can confirm the symptoms that I have in line with what has been posted already. I need a solid/simple explanation of the course of action i need to take in order to get this taken care of.

thank you in advance to anyone reading this and willing to help me in this matter. I just bought this vehicle (at 56,000 miles) and i'd hate for it to continue to cause problems for me.

If you'd like to contact me via email, it's [Email removed]. Otherwise, I will continue to check here for any responses.