Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Ford Explorer

Comments

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,742
    edited April 2011
    What you say is true. I didn't say what he did was right.

Techically it's still the dealers car though until the papers are signed. Emotionally it's the OP's car.
  • The dealer exercised power that he did not have the moral right to exercise - he engaged in a violation of moral and ethical standards. Ethically and morally it was the buyers car. A reaction to the violations of moral and ethical standards is the "emotional" response. Practical responses to those violations, which relieved the buyer of any responsibility to buy the car, could include walking away and finding another dealer, ordering again from that dealer, receiving some form of compensation from the dealer for value received by them using the car as a "demo", getting a "no charge" extended warranty on the vehicle, and so forth.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,614
    edited April 2011
    but I think I saw the Explorer I was going to look at at a gas station yesterday.
    Will check the dealer website in a few days to see if it still listed.
    Ford did drop the incentive from $1000 to $500 after April 4.
  • cfg1cfg1 Posts: 85
    It looks like the 1500 owner loyalty is gone too.
    That's a $2,000 swing for someone like me, if I could find one.
  • swhildinswhildin Posts: 6
    edited April 2011
    Ordered my 4x4 2011 Explorer 3 mths ago - still not here! They say its built and ready to go - it's just sitting there at the plant waiting to be shipped to New Jersey! :mad:
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I'm a dealer in Las Vegas. NV is really wierd!
  • citivascitivas Posts: 144
    Why do you say the Explorer has the best gas mileage of any 7 seat vehicle? Based on what? Certainly not the official EPA ratings. The Highlander handedly beats it on that basis, even the non-Hybrid version. There may be others that do to, I just picked it as one example.
  • occupant1occupant1 Posts: 408
    18/24 for the V6 Highlander.
    17/25 for the V6 Explorer.

Same difference.

Oh my, the 4-cylinder Highlander can have a third row seat.

20/25 for the 4-cylinder Highlander? Sure, the city number is higher. But are you sure? A 4-cylinder Highlander hauling around me, my wife, five kids, and luggage from Texas to Ohio and back? You are funny.

I will admit I saw a Highlander Hybrid at a gas station for it's semi-annual fill-up. It was black and looked pretty slick. But a Highlander for my family hauler? *chuckle*
    The 3rd row space in a Highlander is still pretty small.
    Explorer has 2 more inches head room, 3 more inches leg room, 5 more inches hip room, 7 more inches shoulder room.
  • mayhermayher Posts: 41
    Hey:
    Hope you are enjoying your new Explorer by now. I truly wouldn't not concern myself about the extra 71 miles on the clock when you picked up the vehicle. I live in Chgo. and know people who work at the assembly line where yours was built. There are definately random vehicles picked off the line and driven by engineers, plant mgrs, and various quality control people before shipping. Most of the time, the vehicles are taken for a short ride or driven home for the night by the employee. The purpose is to check various quality aspects of the vehicle and document any issues regarding previous modification, function issues, squeeks and rattles, etc. These extra eyes and ears usually translate into a well put together car that should be delivered in great condition once cleaned up.

The sticker on the window should have stated how many miles were put on the vehicle for evaluation purposes. If this number varied significantly from the 71 miles, shame on the dealer. Bear in mind that miles are put on the vehicle while being driven from the line to the DT lot, in rail yards, and at the dealership for prep purposes.

I once picked up a new GM product that had been ordered for me that had these evaluation miles put on. I was also not happy at the time, but it turned out to be one of the best cars I ever owned.

All in all, I hope you are enjoying your new car
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    "evaluation" miles is one thing, dirty/muddy is quite another.
  • One of my family members also worked for Ford. Evaluation miles never exceed single digits. The distance from the line to the dock and from the truck to prep is typically no more than two. A lot of mischief can occur in 71 miles covered by unknown drivers. I would stay away from this car.
    The OP has taken delivery by now and has not been back to express any regrets, so I think they are enjoying their new Explorer. :D
  • nyccarguy,

Sorry for the delayed response. I just ran across this reply. I was referring to the 2.0L Ecoboost, as you had assumed. At this time, they have not released the order guide so I am limited to only that information. Keep an eye on the Ford.com site for further information.

~Seni
  • If you are a current Ford owner and are purchasing a new Explorer or other Ford product there is a loyalty reward of $750.00. The reward is in effect until sometime in May. Contact the Ford marketing department to verify this info to see if you qualify.
  • glockfanglockfan Posts: 30
    I live in the Atlanta, NW GA area. We are ready to purchase a new vehicle but cannot find the color and options we want. We are looking for the Limited 4WD in black tuxedo with charcoal interior with 302A pkg, moonroof and rims options. None of the dealers in my area have one. Can anyone help locate one? Thanks!
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Wise dealers do not order/stock dark cars with dark interiors in HOTLANTA.

Try NH.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,407
    why do you need 4WD in Atlanta?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• glockfanglockfan Posts: 30
    I am not sure how wise it it. There is a waiting list for the tuxedo black limited in the Atlanta area.. As for the need for 4WD, I live 75 miles nw of Atlanta where we do see snow/ice..