Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Would you buy a Venza again?

njgreggnjgregg Member Posts: 39
edited September 2014 in Toyota
I currently have a 2003 Camry with 240 K miles on it and I am contemplating buying a Venza, probably a 2010 4 cylinder. Am I making a wise choice?

Comments

• Options
    hdfatboyhdfatboy Member Posts: 324
    I have 5k on mine and like everything about it. I would absolutely buy it again. If only it had a GPS system that allowed entries while underway it would be an even better vehicle.
  • Options
    swimmergalswimmergal Member Posts: 2
    Absolutely not. For many reasons including the recalls and other items noted on this board. Quick point, take the Venza for a drive in full sunlight. can you see the radio display? Many of us can't b/c of the angle. Please heed our warnings.
  • Options
    bbrimmerbbrimmer Member Posts: 32
    If you like your Camry (and it appears you do) then you will love the Venza. I have a 4 cylinder AWD and I am impressed. I traded a Camry Hybrid (liked that one as well but needed AWD) so I made the choice to stay with Toyota.
  • Options
    hdfatboyhdfatboy Member Posts: 324
    Our 2011 Venza is outstanding. We have a fully loaded AWD 3.6L with HID headlights and the panaramic sunroof. There's very little I would change other than the following:
    - Memory seats
    - A/C Seats
    - Nav is the typical lousy Toyota. Their lawyers are going to destroy this company. They need to allow all functionality of the Nav system while underway. To the morons that drive their vehicle into a ditch because they're too stupid to operate a car with a functioning Nav system ...they should downgrade to a bicycle.
    - My wife does not like the position of the shifter as it blocks her reach to the temp controls. It's not an issue for me but I'm taller.
    - My wife has occasionally hit the panic button because its too close to the power hatch button on the key Fob.

We've owned 4 BMWs (528, 2-535s & 740Il), 3 Suburbans, 1 Cadillac, 2 Buicks, 1 Olds, 2 Pontiacs, 1 Sequoia, 1 Nissan and 2 Avalons.

After 4500 miles, we would place the Venza as one of the top vehicles we've ever owned.
  • Options
    busirisbusiris Member Posts: 3,490
    - Nav is the typical lousy Toyota. Their lawyers are going to destroy this company. They need to allow all functionality of the Nav system while underway

Unfortunately, Nissan must use the same law firm, as my daughter's 08 Altima suffers from the same limitation, while my BMW's do not.

I agree with you... Its a stupid and inane limitation, especially since you have the warning screen that pops up the first time the mapping system initiates...

Its not limited to the Venza, but I would never pay the manufacturer's GPS price and experience that limitation, when I could spend many less $$$$ and retain full funtionality.
This discussion has been closed.